91

I groaned, dropping my head down to hit the desk. Bucky chuckled from the door. He walked to the chair next to me, where he sat down. He placed his hand on my back, making me turn my head to look at him, but I kept my face against the desk. I watched the corner of the screen, seeing the green line nearly invisible. I managed to keep it hidden, and slowly, merely only I could see it. The line was almost full, just a few more seconds.

“I have less than a day James, and it’s not enough time.”

He sighed. “You already tried convincing Steve so many times, and he hasn’t given in. Another time won’t help anything.”

I gave a soft smile, before sitting up. “I know, but James, these files are probably going to help us so much.”

He pushed my hair behind my ear, making me close my easy as I felt his soft touch.

“I know. But we can’t do anything. By morning Steve will return the hard drive and return without it. We have no choice but to let it go. You’ve already made as many notes as you could, now you have to let the hard drive go.”

I opened my eyes, meeting his again. “Then we have no choice but to act like normal people again,” I said, giving out a sigh. “Then maybe we can be a normal family. For Dean.”

Bucky sighed, making me realize what I said. I pulled my face away, making him sigh again.

“Thanks James,” I said, standing up. “I should probably go help making dinner.” I walked to the door, before turning around. “Oh and please give Steve the hard drive,” I said, pointing to the silver hard drive on the desk.

Bucky opened his mouth, ready with a response, but I exited the room before he could say a single word. I walked passed the stairs to the kitchen, where I smiled when entering, stopping myself from taking another step. Carol was busy mixing up a salad while she was doing a small quiz with Dean.

I leaned against the door frame, crossing my arms.

“Who is a good friend of mine?” she asked, a smirk on her lips.

“Nick,” Dean said, making her look impressed.

“Alright. What’s the name of a cat I have in mind?”

“He’s ginger and his name is Goose.

Carol smiled. “I’m impressed. I didn’t even think of the colour.”

Dean giggled. He turned his head to meet my eyes, making him smile brighter. “Mommy! We were playing a fun game!”

I chuckled, seeing Carol look at me, as she placed olives into the salad. “I’m sorry. I wanted to see how smart he is.”

I smiled, standing next to Dean. “It’s alright. You allowed him to go into your mind. He is only not allowed when isn’t given permission.”

Dean chuckled. “And she gave permission!”

I laughed, roughening his hair. “I know.”

A light knock on the doorframe made me turn to see Sam at the kitchen entrance. “Can I speak to you outside please?” he asked me, making me nod.