83

Slowly the door opened, and Steve entered.

My eyes met his, but I saw something in his eyes, making me jump up, walking into the hallways, when I saw another figure enter the doorway. In one movement, I hit the wall next to the doorway, when it suddenly popped open, where I snatched out a gun, pointing it at the person who had entered my house.

“Woah!” he yelled, throwing his hands up.
Behind him I noticed a blond. Sharon.

“Who the fuck are you?” I asked as I took a few steps forward.

Steve jumped in front of the man, looking at me. “Amber, put the gun down.”

I kept my eyes on the man as he hid behind Steve. “Dammit Steve! I gave you one rule! No one comes to my house!” I yelled, grabbing everyone’s attention around the house.

Natasha came running up behind me, freezing when she saw Sharon and another man. “Steve? What are they doing here?” she asked, looking at Steve in disbelief.

He sighed. “We need to finish our mission-”

“And I said somewhere else!” I yelled, keeping my gun aimed at them. “Get them out of my house!”

Steve sighed. “Amber, they’re already here. We can’t turn back now.” I felt my own eyes colour, and that’s when Steve knew that I was completely pissed. “Amber, relax-”

“Mommy?” I heard a soft voice ask, making me swing around, suddenly meeting Dean’s eyes.

Immediately I lowered the gun, turning back to Steve. “Get them out of my house!” I said calmly.

Steve shook his head. “We need them.”
I turned to him, my hand into a fist. “You. Steve, you need them. I don’t. They’re not welcome in my home.”

Steve sighed, taking a step closer to me. “I’m really sorry. But they’re here now. We need them to help us.”

I glared passed him at Sharon, looking from Steve to me. In front of her the other guy looked scared, unsure of what was happening.

“You have two weeks,” I said, making eye contact with Steve again. “Get Emrys. He’ll show you where they’ll be staying.” Steve turned to face them, making me sigh. “And Steve,” I said, making him turn to me, “If they’re not out by then, I’ll kill them.”

I turned around, picking dean up around my waist as I made my way up the stairs. Natasha looked at me in shock as I disappeared, before turning back to Steve, shaking her head in disapproval of his actions. He gave a heavy sigh, before watching her follow after me up the stairs. After her, Carol followed, making Steve notice Bucky look at him, before passed him at Sharon.

“You’re selfish, Steve. You really are.”

Bucky walked out of the back door, joining Sam and Emrys. Steve sighed, before turning around to Scott and Sharon, looking at them with regretful eyes, but instead cleared his throat.

“We should get to work then,” he said, before walking passed then out the door.

Meanwhile, Natasha entered, looking at me laughing as I searched through a bookshelf, while Dean sat on a bed watching me. She leaned against the door frame as I sat down next to Dean with a book in my hands.

“Neverland it is,” I said, smiling at him.

“But I don’t want to hear a story,” Dean said, making me sigh. “I want to hear a song.”
I chuckled, placing the book down next to me. “Okay then. What song do you want to hear?” I asked calmly.

“The one you use to sing when you were alone in your room a few months ago?” he asked, making me sigh. “I really liked that one.”

I pushed his hair back, out of his face.

"Alright. But then you go to bed early tonight, right?”

He smiled, nodding. I chuckled. At the door, Natasha crossed her arms as Carol stepped beside her, but they stayed silent.

🎶Laying in the silence~ Waiting for the sirens~ Signs~ Any signs~ I’m alive still~ I don’t wanna lose it~ I’m not getting through this~ Hey~ Should I pray?~ Should I pray, yeah?~ To myself~ To a God~ To a saviour who can~

Carol looked at me, placing her hand on Natasha’s shoulder.

🎶Unbreak the broke~ Unsay these spoken words~ Find hope in the hopeless~ Pull be out the train wreck~ Unburn the ashes~ Unchain the reactions~ I’m not ready to die, not yet~ Pull me out the train wreck~ Pull me out~ Pull me out~ Pull me out~ (Hmm)~ Pull me out~ Pull me out~ Pull me out~

Dean giggled, making me smile.

“You happy? You little rascal.”

Dean laughed as I started tickling him, making Carol and Natasha giggle soft enough for me to not hear.

Dean looked passed me the moment I pulled my hands away, suddenly smiling again. “One day you will,” he said, making me frown, turning around.

Natasha looked at him with shock. “Wh- what?” she asked as she stood up from the door frame.

I jumped up, turning to Dean. “Now, go to bed. It’s late.”

I pulled the blanket over his shoulders, before switching his bedside lamp off.