45

I heard a knock at the main door of the compound. I opened it up, seeing a stunning woman stand in front of me. She had long blond hair that hung above her hips. Her body was purely a dream, and her eyes were shimmering dark blue.

"Hi, can I help you?" I asked friendly, looking at her sweet smile.

"Oh, hi. Uhm, is there a James Barnes here?" she asked before giving a slight nervous giggle.

"Yeah, come on in," I said stepping aside, making place for her to enter. She walked in, thanking me. "I'll go get him for you," I said before walking off. I walked down the hall, into the living room, where Bucky, Steve and Clint were talking.

"James, there's a girl in the other room who is looking for you," I smiled, grabbing his attention.

He stood up and smiled at me. "Oh, really?" he asked semi-unexpected. I walked back into the hall, him following me. He grabbed my wrist as we walked down the hall, pulling me to a holt. "Still mad at me?" he asked with a smirk.

I tugged my arm away. "Seriously. Please stop." I groaned, continuing my walk down the hall. "You'll fail, even if you try soldier," I said, walking a bit faster.

"Cute," Bucky whispered, making me roll my eyes. "You know I still like you? Right?" he said teasingly, trying to grab my hand, but failed.

As we entered a room, I gestured Bucky to the girl. A smile spread over both there, faces when they saw each other.

"Bucky!" she yelled excitedly, jumping into his arms. Bucky hugged her tightly, clearly knowing her. "Bee, I missed you!" she said before crashing her lips into his. I froze, shocked. What just happened?

"Brooke! I thought you left for Spain, for good?" he asked, forgetting that I was in the room. He looked her right in her dark blue eyes.

She smiled and swung her arms around his neck, earning an unseen confused look from me. "Well, I did go. But these past two years were terrible without you baby! I missed you so fucking much!" she said, smiling up at him. Bucky bent down and kissed her, making every part of my body crack.

I was still there, confused. Baby? Her voice was like pain to my ears.

Suddenly Bucky saw me, and guilt filled his eyes. He looked at me, realizing the situation. He looked back at Brooke, who let go of him, standing next to him. "Oh, Brooke, this is my, co-worker, Amber," he said gesturing me towards her.

"We met," she said smiling. "Oh, I'm Brooke. His fiancé," she introduced, her smile plastered on her face. "We met years ago. It was truly sad when I left for Spain after he proposed." She lift her finger, showing a ring.

And that's when I realized it. Once a secret, always secret. How the fuck could he do this to me? He had a fiancé! I felt my heart cracking, I heard it. And after everything I did for him. After everything I risked for him?

I looked at Bucky, seeing fear and regret in his eyes. He stood there speechless; no words could leave his mouth. I gave a fake smile, hopefully making it look real. I felt my eyes began filling with a few tears.

"Oh, yeah, of course," I said looking back at Brooke, my eyes becoming more and more flooded. "I have to go, work, and stuff. But it's nice meeting you" I said, keeping back my tears.

I started walking towards the door and left. I stormed passed everyone, to the kitchen where I grabbed my things and stormed out the back.

"Oh, Amber. Where are you going?" Thor asked, running after me. I turned to him, still holding my tears back.

"Oh Thor, sorry. It's seven, I don't want to miss the bus," I said, reversing.

"Oh, okay bye," he said, looking as I walked off.

I decided to run home, instead of grabbing a taxi or the bus. I had comfy enough shoes and nothing that could bother me. The sun was busy setting, hiding behind the high buildings of the city. My eyes started flooding lightly with tears, staining my cheeks. I felt angry, betrayed.

Why did Bucky lie? I mean he never said he didn't have a girlfriend. But fuck it. He still fucked, both of us, over. I ran for almost 20 blocks. Yet I still felt like running to the edge of the world. Why was I so mad? We were a secret. We weren't supposed to be together. We were dating, secretly, but barely.

I mean, we were dating. Not anymore. Then why did I feel so betrayed?

I ran up the Hotel stairs, reaching my floor. I walked to my room, calmish. I entered, noticing a few of Bucky's clothes still on my bed. I gave a slight chuckle. Dropping my stuff on the little table. I walked over to my bathroom, grabbing a washing basket. I threw all of his shirts and pants in the basket, placing it on the table in my kitchen. Without another thought, I grabbed my phone and dialled a number.

"Hi, Tony. Yes, it's Amber. No, I am okay. Look, I need a favour," I said, lightly pacing up down my living room.