94

{third-person}

“Put her in the shower!” Natasha said as she rushed into the bathroom before Carol. She opened the cold water tap the moment Carol placed Amberdown. “We need ice. As many as there is in the freezer. Even the ice packs.”

Sharon rushed out of the bathroom, before returning seconds later with bags of ice and ice packs.

“This is all there is,” she said, placing them down on the bathroom floor.

Within seconds, Natasha, and Sharon both started throwing the ice into the bathtub. They placed the ice packs all over her body, hoping it would help.

“Feel her fever,” Natasha said as she rushed to the towel rack, pulling them out and stacking them on the toilet.

Carol placed her hand on Amber’s forehead but looked at Natasha in disappointment. “No. she’s still on fire.”

“Mommy?” Dean asked from the door, making everyone turn to him.

“Dean,” Natasha said, crunching down in front of her. “Mommy’s okay. She’s just a little hot. You should go to bed.”

He shook his head. “That’s not true,” he said, making Natasha sigh. “I can help,” he said, his face lighting up a bit.

Natasha sighed. “No, we don’t want you to burn as well.” Dean sighed, making Natasha pull him in for a hug. “It’s okay. We’ll try everything we can.”

Dean nodded slowly, making Natasha jump up. She turned to Sharon and Carol, seeing them look at Amber looking hopeless.

“I’m going to call Wanda. She’ll be able to help.”

Before they could ask or question her, Natasha rushed passed Dean, down to Amber’s bedroom where she grabbed Amber’s phone, calling Wanda.

Sharon opened her arms, allowing Dean to stand in between her legs as she sat on the floor. He did so, but instead sat down himself, leaning against her chest. Carol sat with Amber’s hand in hers, trying to think of the best way to help her, but nothing was going to work.

After about five minutes, Natasha entered the room, looking a bit relieved.

“Wanda’s coming. She’ll be here with Vision.”

“Is Tommy and Billy coming?” Dean asked, looking at her.

She frowned. “Tommy and Billy?” Natasha questioned.

Just before Dean could respond, a flash ran through the house, before suddenly stopping in the middle of the bathroom. Natasha opened her eyes, suddenly seeing Wanda standing in the middle of the bathroom with a little boy, probably around six years old, holding her hand.

“Go get your brother and your father,” Wanda said, letting go of his hand.

He nodded, before another flash moved through the house, exiting the front door, and moving through the woods. Immediately Wanda bent down beside Amber, placing her hand on her forehead, frowning as she did so. Quickly she grabbed she hand, taking a deep breath.

“She’s on fire,” she said, before turning to Natasha. “What happened?” she asked, suddenly biting down on her teeth, looking like she was also in pain.

Natasha stood biting her nails. “I don’t know. Steve vanished in a time machine, and never returned. The next moment she was crashed down on the floor screaming in pain.”

Wanda closed her eyes, taking a deep breath. Another flash entered the room, showing another boy, before it vanished again. The little boy took Deans hand as he jumped up. They stood back against the wall, confusing Carol, Sharon, and Natasha.

“You five need to leave this bathroom right now,” Wanda said, biting down on her teeth.

Quickly the two boys ran out of the bathroom, grabbing Sharon by her hand, forcing her to follow them. Carol jumped up after them, rushing out as well.

“What?” Natasha asked in confusion. “No. Why?”

Wanda looked at her, biting down harder on her teeth. “Go!” she screeched in pain, pressing her hand tighter against Amber’s.
Natasha did so, exiting the room, before the door flew shut in front of her. She froze, turning around, suddenly seeing Vision.

“How is she?” he asked, making Natasha frown.

“What is happening?” she asked, looking down at the two boys as they held Dean’s hands. “And who are they?”

Vision looked unbothered. “These are Wanda and my twins. Tommy and Billy. Now how is Melion?”

Natasha sighed. “She’s on fire. So I won’t say good,” she said, looking at Vision.

Suddenly a loud scream left the bathroom, then another. The second one was Amber, louder than ever before. Natasha rushed forward to the door, but Tommy jumped in front of her, stopping her.

“No!” he said, making Natasha frown. “Mom said that we should stay outside.”

Natasha scoffed. “Not while she’s in pain.”
Vision placed his hand on Natasha’s shoulder. “She’s only holding less than half of Melion’s pain. She knows what she’s doing.”

Another loud scream left Amber’s mouth, sending the other’s flying into the house and up the stairs. They froze when they saw Vision and the two boys, before hearing another agonizing scream leave Amber’s mouth, echoing through the house.

“Amber!” Bucky yelled, trying to rush to the door, but Carol stepped in front of him.

“We’re not allowed in. We have to stay outside.”

Bucky scoffed. “Not for a fuck.”

He pushed passed everyone to the door. The moment his hand touched the doorknob, he froze. The screaming had stopped, sending his body into panic. He stepped forward, pushing down the doorknob, but suddenly all his limbs pulled together, making him freeze. There were red glowing rope around his body, keeping him still.

The door then opened, and Wanda exited, her hand in front of her. She looked exhausted, as if she had run a marathon, or two. Her hand dropped, making the rope around Bucky disappear.

“She’ll be fine,” she said, stepping aside from the door. “I just need you to take her to her bed.” Wanda pointed at Carol, and without hesitation Carol entered the bathroom.

“What happened?” Bucky asked, stepping in front of Wanda.

She exhaled in exhaustion. “She just a burst of energy. A deadly burst of energy.”

Carol exited the bathroom with Amber hanging unconscious in her arms. She walked straight to Amber’s bedroom, where she placed her down on my bed.

“Did Steve trigger it?” Sharon asked, pacing nervously.

Wanda nodded lightly. “Yes. He did. But these energy bursts are dangerous. If she ever has another one, she could possibly hurt someone else.”

Bucky frowned. “Another one? Did this happen before?”

Emrys sighed. “She had a seizure once because her body couldn’t contain energy. This one was a lot worse. That’s only what I’m picking up?” He turned to Wanda, who was nodding her head.

“Like I said, another one of these, she can hurt someone else.”

Bucky sighed, looking through Amber’s bedroom door at where Carol put her down on my bed. “Where is this energy originating from?” he asked, looking back at Wanda.

She shrugged. “We don’t know.”