58

Soon we were completely off the radar, not to be seen on any sort of technology or any sort of anything.

I fell to the floor in the cottage, almost bursting into tears. Baron came in, looking at me broken down on the floor. He sighed, looking out the kitchen door, before looking at me.

"Look Melion, it was for the better," he said sympathetically, wanting to calm me down, but he knew it would be hard.

I looked at him and sniffled, swallowing my tears. I stood up, wiping the tears off my cheeks. "Where am I going from here?" I asked with a strong voice.

Baron sighed, taking a step aside from the door. "We're going to Germany, with Emrys."

Before I could respond, a six-foot-one brunette stepped into the room, looking at me. I was stunned while looking at the hazel eyes and the familiar smile. I was frozen.

"Hello little fire," Emrys said, numbing my body. "Don't I get a hello?" I stormed forward, wrapping my arms around his torso, hugging him tightly.

"You two have to leave. Here are your new documents and everything. I'll be getting you two in Germany. I have other business to handle first."

Baron handed me a new ID card, drivers licence, passport, birth certificate and everything needed. He handed us a bag full of cash. I opened my new passport, reading my name, 'Malia Thomson.'

I turned to Emrys and sighed. "You ready?" he asked, looking at my eyes.

I looked at Baron, before looking back at Emrys. "Don't have much of a choice now do I?" Emrys chuckled, shaking his head. Suddenly my head bowed down to my stomach before a sigh left my mouth.

"What's wrong?" Emrys asked as he stepped forward.

I looked at him, clear that my eyes were welling up. I exhaled sharply. "I'm pregnant," I said, making him, and Baron both frown. "I'm pregnant with Steve's baby. And I- I can't just leave."

Emrys sighed. "Aideen, you can't- you can't just stay here. If you stay, you get thrown into a cage. That won't be good for you- you or the baby."

I took a deep breath, debating my only options. After a while, Baron heard noises, like cop sirens. Then we heard it.

"Go!" Baron suddenly yelled, throwing the duffel bag full of cash and documents towards us. "I'll get you two in Germany! Just go!"

Immediately Emrys and I both ran out of the house. Emrys pulled me out of the house into a different car, immediately driving higher up into the woods, giving me a perfect view over the city, which was one my home, but now no longer.