26

A few days went by where the men were buildings Loki's new temporary room. Natasha, Wanda, and I were mostly just gossiping in the lounge, as the men refused our help. We'd bake them biscuits and eat it in front of them, refusing to let them have any.

All the men were mad at us as for posting that video, well except Peter, he forgave us quickly. The video had reached seven million views in three days, almost as much as ours, which reached seven million in one day.

We sat on the steps, seeing the men completing the entire cage. They mended the corners one last time and made sure the windows fit faultlessly.

Tony and Bruce worked on the system, making sure it wasn't hackable and flawed. Bucky stood inside the cage with Steve, making sure the last of everything were all properly done. Samuel and Clint stood on the side, arguing on a way to do some sort of battle or something. Bucky would give small glances at me, guilt in his eyes. He would look away the moment I noticed. I looked at him for a split second, when he returned his eyes to me, but this time he kept them on me. I looked at Natasha who stood next to Tony, her arms folded.

Slowly I looked at Bucky again, noticing that his eyes were still on me, his attention far away from Steve's yammering mouth. I tilted my head, noticing him looking me up and down, clearly trying to seduce me. At first I felt shivers, but soon I felt anger.

"Now..." Tony said walking with the tablet towards me. He looked at the window of the cage, examining the entire cage. "All we need now is to make sure it's bulletproof."

Without a second thought, I jumped up, grabbed Nat's gun out of the holster around her thigh and aimed at the window. Bucky and Steve immediately noticed, seeing zero hesitation in my eyes. I pulled the trigger repeatedly, shooting at least seven shots against the glass, not causing a single crack. The two men flinched with each shot, unsure of feeling safe. I lowered the gun, not seeing a scratch on the glass. Bucky and Steve looked at me with wide eyes, along with everyone else in the room. I turned to Tony and Natasha, no emotion on my face.

"Bulletproof indeed," I said handing Natasha her gun, before walking back up the stairs and into the lounge. Nat followed me out as she put the gun back in her holster, surprised by what I have just done.

"Amber," she called after me. "Come on! You have to start training with me, seriously."

I laughed, sitting down on a chair, looking at her. "Nat, I already told you I don't want to be part of this fighting parade you guys have going on. It's just not my thing-"

"Come on!" she interrupted, falling down onto the couch in front of me. "You're smart, a quick thinker, fearless, handy with a gun, an amazing fighter and you are determined. You can't deny wanting to be part of the Avengers!"

I sighed, knowing she was right. I did miss fighting and being good at protecting people, but that was all in high school. I didn't want to revert to who I was in the past, I promised myself.

"Just train with us," she invited, looking desperate. "Just train with us and see how it goes."

I looked at her, looking at my options. I wanted to say no, but deep down I did want to be a part of their little fighting parade. I sighed. "Fine. I'll join you guys for a few training days, then I'll decide."

Natasha smiled, "Tomorrow morning, eight am sharp." She squealed when Steve finally popped up behind her.

"Uh, you two good?" he asked, looking at us concerned.

Natasha turned to him when he noticed her bright smile. He looked at her more concerned when she got up, walking towards the hallway.

"I am an awesome person," she said joyfully, before vanishing off down the hallway.

Confused Steve turned to me and raised an eyebrow. "What happened?" he asked leaning against a chair.

I giggled. "Natasha got me to do a few training sessions with someone and see if I want to physically go along with you guys on missions."

Steve smiled. "That's good. You have the guts to be a great fighter," he admitted. I raised an eyebrow. "You didn't hesitate with a gun in your hand."

I smiled. "I'm just angry at some people," I said, leaning back in the chair and bringing my legs up, crossing them on the seat. "It's fun to take anger out on a gun-"

"Or someone?" Steve added, making me laugh.

"Or someone- yeah," I joked.

He raised an eyebrow, noticing that I most likely ment it literally. He opened his lips but closed them when hesitating with what words to say. We stood in an awkward silence for a few seconds, which was enough for me to think about a new conversation topic.

"Do you think the cage will work?" I asked Steve, breaking the silence.

He smiled, relieved that I moved on. "I'm sure it will. I mean, it clearly is bullet proof."

Great. Much for starting a new conversation.

I faked a smile, trying to stop this entire 'misunderstanding' of me wanting to kill someone. Luckily, someone came walking up the stairs, grabbing our attention. Steve swung around, looking right into Sam's eyes. For I moment I could see them talking telepathically, which confused me a lot.

Sam smiled awkwardly. "Sorry, heading to the, uh, outside." He spoke as if he had no idea what to say. Before I could respond, he walked out the one closest to him, which actually led deeper into the compound and not thee outside.

Steve looked at me and smiled awkwardly. "So, uh, what are your plans this weekend?" he asked, clearly hiding a question behind the question.

I thought for a moment, before easily replying, "Probably going to help guard the god of mischief with the rest of the team?" I said, hoping that it was not a crushing answer, of some sort.

"We are actually not on duty the weekend," Steve said instantly, looking at me.

"Oh," I said, trying to remember the schedule. "Well, then I'll probably be around here," I said, fiddling with my fingers in my lap. The room was silent again, making my urge to just get up and leave more and more.

"Maybe we can get a coffee or something?" Steve finally asked.

I sat in the fear of what to say. I wanted to say yes, but at the same time I didn't want to do anything. Yet I was confused what he ment by us...

"Like a date?" I asked, trying to hide my two-sided answers.

Steve gave a soft smile, making my urge to say no a lot harder. "Well, basically yeah. If you would like?"

I smiled. How could I say no now? "Well, that'll be-"

"Steve," someone called behind Steve, on the top of the staircase. He turned around, looking at Bucky, who clearly looked a bit bothered and uncomfortable. "Uhm, Tony wants to see you buddy," he said, taking a step higher and moving out of the way, so Steve can pass by.

Steveturned to me, giving an apologetic smile before walking past Bucky down thestairs. I looked as he vanished, catching Bucky's eyes. He looked at me like hewas mad, bothered and the worst of all, jealous. I frowned, raised my shoulders,and dropped them. Bucky shook his head and smiled.