48

I had arrived at my hotel room, seeing everything as I left it, even Bucky's clothes in the basket. I knew he visited, since I saw my bedframe out of place and my bed not neatly placed. I placed my bag down on my kitchen table, looking at the dead flowers in the vase. I picked it up and threw it in a trashcan, emptying the vase. I heard a knock on my door, and curiously I walked over to it. I opened it, to see Bucky standing at my door.

"James," I said, rolling my eyes. "I told you I don't want to see you!" I sighed, looking at him.

"You'll see me at work, one way or another," he stated, looking at me with a stupid smile.

"What do you want James?" I asked, crossing my arms.

He looked at me, while taking deep breath. "Can I just explain what happened?" he asked looking dreadful.

"No need. I know what happened," I said, looking away from his eyes and down at his chest.

Bucky sighed. "No you don't," he said, still looking at my eyes.

"You were engaged, and you failed to maybe take my feelings in account," I said, a bit sarcastically.

Bucky scoffed, looking at the roof. "Amber, please. That was not what happened," he said, looking back down at me.

I turned around, walking away from the door, leaving it open. Bucky immediately walked in, closing it behind himself. I stood against my kitchen counter, crossing my arms again. Bucky stood in front of me, looking at my long sleeve jacket.

"You barely ever wear long sleeves. Unless it's my leather jacket?" he said, pointing at my sleeves.

"What happened then?" I asked pulling my sleeves further down, avoiding eye contact with him.

He sighed, realizing I didn't want to have small chatter. "Brooke and I dated years ago. We got engaged a few months before she moved to Spain. I told her I wasn't going to move with her, and that night she told me she wouldn't want to marry me if I didn't move with her. It hurt me that night, but we broke up." Bucky explained, hoping I'd understand.

"James," I said frowning. "She introduced herself as your fiancé, and you didn't look like you two broke up at all?" I said, pointing out what I saw.

Bucky sighed. "It was an in the moment thing. When I saw you again, I realized that I was in the future, not the past," he said, walking closer to me.

"A moment thing?" I scoffed while shaking my head. "And if she got on-top of you, would you sleep with her?" I asked, looking at him with a curious question.

"What? No!" he said, hesitating between the two words. "Look, I saw you and I knew I messed up-"

"And if I wasn't in the room?" I asked, making him go silent.

"What?" he asked confused.

"And if I wasn't in the room?" I asked again.

After a few seconds of silence I gave a slight giggle. "No," he said, looking back at me.

"Please get out!" I softly asked, looking at the floor.

He looked at me, confused by my actions and words. "Amber," he said, trying to make me look at him. "Look, we weren't even dating when Brooke came-"

"Please get out!" I asked again, keeping my voice calm. I turned around, avoiding eye contact.

"No," he said aggressively, making me look at him.

"What?" I asked confused.

Bucky scoffed, looking down at me. "I'm not going anywhere. I want to talk about what happened," he said, walking closer to me.

"Please just leave!" I said, reversing.

"I'm not going anywhere," he said, standing in front of me.

"James, please," I said, looking at his begging eyes.

"Amber," Bucky said aggressively, making me flinch. He sighed. "Doll, listen to me. I don't want to start trouble with you or anyone. I just want to have everything normal again."

I rolled my eyes. "You know what, fuck off James," I said before pushing past him, grabbing my things, and vanishing out the door. I shut out his calls as he yelled after me, but he knew I wasn't going to turn around.