57

After a few minutes, the lounge door opened, and I entered back from my jog. I froze when I saw Mavi sitting on a chair. She immediately noticed me and smiled. I was glad to see her, until I saw Bucky turn around and notice me. My smile faded into a realization that they spoke about me.

"Amber," Bucky sighed standing up.

I looked at Mavi, feeling her slight betrayal. "Mavi? You spoke to him about everything? You betrayed me as well?" I asked, my voice surprised, angry, and showing my betrayed feelings. I walked over, standing across the room of my sister and Bucky. Mavi stood up, a bit confused.

"Melion, I didn't know that I wasn't allowed. You said only not to talk about it with J- James..." she stuttered, before realizing who Bucky was. "Oh, god..." she gasped, covering her mouth with her hands.

"Amber..." Bucky whispered, looking at me. I sighed and looked away from both of them. "Show me your knuckles!" he demanded, causing me to look at him shocked.

"What?" I asked, confused. "No, I won't do that?!" I refused.

Bucky walked closer to me, making me back up. "Show me your knuckles!" he insisted.

I looked at Mavi, not believing her. "It's just a scratch Bucky. It's nothing," I mumbled, looking back at him. I took another step back, standing against the wall.

"You got stitches Amber! It's not nothing!" he yelled, looking at my eyes.

"You got stitches?" Natasha asked, suddenly appearing at the door.

"Mavi, we are leaving right now," I insisted, looking over at my sister.

But our contact was interrupted by Bucky who jumped in front of me and cupped his cold hands around my soft cheeks. I looked at his eyes, taking a deep breath of fear. "Why did you do it?" he asked looking furious at me. I sighed deeply, not wanting to say anything. "Melion?" he questioned in a loud voice, making me flinch.

I looked at him, pain in my eyes. "Because I fell for someone who lied me!" I yelled, giving him a surprise. "And more than fucking once!"

"What?" Bucky asked, his voice a lot softer than before. He kept his hands on my cheeks, but his eyes faded back to worry.

"Have you seen Brooke?" I asked, my voice loud enough to make him realize why. "You are engaged to a woman, while I was your fling!" I admitted, my voice starting to break and my eyes starting to flood. "And now the thought of it all again makes me sick!"

"What?" Bucky asked taking a step back, removing his hands from my cheeks.

"But then Mavi came home early from work and heard me screaming and crying from the living room," I said, looking back at Mavi. I lift my hand, showing a healed scar stretched from my knuckled upwards. My eyes started watering, throwing tears down my cheeks. "Oh but goodness now I come back to know that it's possible to get betrayed worse than before. I was never going to be enough for anyone. You or even the team for all they care," I said, my voice soft and painful.

"Stop!" Bucky yelled storming back towards me. He cupped his hands on my cheeks again, looking into my eyes. "I could never have asked for better" he continued. "Amber, I would never have betrayed you! You know I loved you more than anything!"

I looked at his blue teary eyes, my heart beating faster and faster. His cold hands warmed up my cheeks as his warm breath fell on my skin. I was completely frozen, having no idea what to say. I looked at him, my eyes still teary from the fright he gave me, and from my pain. I took a deep breath, resting my head against the wall. "Bucky, you have no right to say anything-"

He cut me off my forcing his lips against mine. I closed my eyes, thinking about pulling away. He kept his hands on my cheeks, keeping me in his control. He moved himself closer to me, keeping his lips on mine. I felt off, like something was completely and utterly wrong.

He pulled away, looking at my eyes. "Amber Melion Aideen Kavan Monroe, I love you, whether you like it or not," he said, keeping his forehead against mine. His blue eyes made me want to break down, as I didn't see Bucky's blue eyes, but Steve's. "I'm really sorry for whatever I had done in the past. Give me one week to make it up to you and I promise you-"

"James," I whispered in pain, making him worry lightly. "You- You-" He was about to pull me into a hug, but I placed my hand on his chest, stopping him. "You're not sorry at all Bucky," I whispered, taking a step back. "You don't give a damn about me. You don't love me."

My eyes saddened, looking at him as tears formed. He looked at me confused.

"I'm going somewhere for a while, and I won't return soon," I said, grabbing my bag on the counter. "Maybe ever."

"Amber?" Bucky asked, seeing a tear fall over my cheek.

I looked at him, giving a soft smile. "Something came up, and it's the only way I can- anyone can- It's to keep the- safe and Wanda, Mavi and-" I said, before looking at Mavi. "I'm really sorry-"

Steve came bursting into the room, seeing me stand in tears. "Amber?" he asked, noticing Bucky in front of me. "What's wrong?" He rushed to me, cupping my cheeks, and looking at my eyes.

"I can't," I said, taking a step back. Confused Steve looked at me as his hands fell off my cheeks. "I'm sorry guys, I can't-" I hovered. "All of you are- you're liars. Every single one of you."

Those were my last words to them, before smoke suddenly filled through the halls and into the room, blurring everyone's vision. I immediately felt Baron's hand fold over my wrist and pull me towards the door. Willingly I followed after him as we fled out the compound.

I heard someone yell my name as Baron jumped onto the motorcycle first. I looked back, seeing Steve and Bucky run out the doors, noticing me stand next to the bike with tears in my eyes. I gave a soft smile, making them stop and look at me. A tear fell down my cheek as I looked at them. Baron tugged on my arm, grabbing my attention. I looked at him, before back at the boys one final time. I turned to the bike and got on the back. Without a helmet, Baron drove off, with me sitting behind him. We drove off into the streets, not stopping at any red light or stop sign. He drove risky, making me worry a bit. He speeded past traffic and into the woods outside the city.