11

At least two months had passed since then. I helped Tony work on the drones again, giving them upgrades. Nat had asked me three times since then to train with her, but each time I refused. Bucky had come over to my house a bunch of times, messing around. He'd rarely stay over, helping to make sure there were no suspicions. We kept it casual at work, and so far, no more closet kisses.

I walked into the compound, back from my afternoon lunch. The compound was empty, meaning everyone was either out to somewhere, or on a mission. It didn't sound like anyone was there, so I thought I was alone. I walked through the kitchen when I suddenly felt someone stand behind me. I swung around to be pinned against the wall.

"Uhm, hello?" I asked looking up at a six-foot-three blond man, with his body inches away from mine. His right hand was over my shoulder, making him stand closer to me.

"Hi," he smiled, looking down at me. His voice was soft and gentle.

I felt awkward. "Can I help you Steve?" I asked, giving a small, soft smile.

"Is it true that you chose me? Between every man in this building?" he asked, before giving a devious smirk.

I laughed. "Wow, Nat really doesn't keep secrets, does she?" I asked, knowing he heard it from her. He gave a smile, giving me butterflies. "IF I had to choose. Not that I want you," I said, slipping down and out from under his arm.

"But you do," he falsely stated, looking back at me. He turned his body towards me, tilting his head slightly. I stood against the counter, where he approached me.

"But I don't," I said, my voice a little flirtish.

"Come on, one date," he said, standing right in front of me again. "You can't refuse," he smiled, looking down at me.

"I don't date," I said, giving a giggle.

I know he was flirting with me, and I didn't care. He was Captain America. He probably gets every girl he wants. "And why not?" he asked, suddenly moving his hand to my chin. He lifted my head, making me look directly up to him.

"Because, I don't have the time or energy to deal with you men," I said, pulling my head out of his hand. I moved to the side, out from in front of him.

He chuckled and looked at me. "You're hard to get," he said, looking me up and down.

"I don't want to be gotten," I said before turning around and walking away.

I came around the corner, being frightened by Bucky. I saw him with a smile on his face, leaning against the wall. His arms were crossed, and his smile was devious. I smiled at him and walked past him, down the hallway.

I entered Tony's office, stepping in front of the computer. I pulled the blue screen to the side, opening another folder. I bent down to the keyboard and started typing. The letters popped up on the screen as I typed the words. The screen changed when I pressed enter, showing pictures from traffic cameras.

Bucky walked in, leaning against the doorframe, looking at me with bad intentions. "And what are you up to Doll?"

I looked through the screen at him, smiling. "Tony asked me to go through traffic camera footages and look for anything odd. I did this two hours ago, I'm just-"

"Coming with me," he interrupted, walking away from the doorframe.

I chuckled and looked back at the screen. "No I'm not," I said, scrolling through the pictures.

He walked around the table and stopped next to me. "And why's that?" he asked, leaning with his hip against the table. His lips moved into a smile as he looked at my side-profile.

I smiled, not taking my eyes off the screen. "Because, James, I'm working," I said, scrolling through the pictures. I felt his gaze on me, becoming deeper and deeper.

"But you already looked through these photos, so basically you already did your work," he stated, looking at the screen, then back at me. "So, you're supposed to be off now," he whispered.

He looked down, his lips forming a small faint smirk. His right hand slowly lifted, stroking his fingers lightly up my leg. I stretched out my back, still scrolling through the pictures. His eyes fell back on me, noting my deep, cold breaths. His hand reached my hip, right at the top of my jeans. He kept his eyes on me as he slowly slid his thumb into the top part of my jeans.

I slowly looked down at his hand, as he followed on the rim of the pants. I looked back up at the screen, still folding through the pictures. He pulled away from the table and walked closer to me, keeping his right hand on my jeans. I grabbed his wrist, stopping him from going further. I twisted his arm, swinging him around to face away from me. I pulled his arm up against his back, I few inches before it could break.

I leaned closer to him, whispering in his ear. "I'm working James Barnes. Go train, or whatever you do and leave me alone."

I smiled, my cold breath falling over his ear. I let go of his arm, letting him relax his arm. He turned to me, seeing me continue working on the footages. "Come train with me." He smiled, leaning back against the table.

"I don't fight," I said, barely looking back at him.

He folded his arms, giving a light chuckle. "Really?" he asked sarcastically. "Come on. You are great," he said, looking at my unbothered facial expression.

I walked to another screen, swiping the folder away, opening another one. "I don't fight," I said again, while typing on the keyboard.

"One session," he said, walking closer to me.

I turned to him, giving out a sigh. "James, I don't fight." I glared at him, getting quite irritated by these questions. I walked past him, back to the screen.

"Why not?" he asked, turning back to me. I sighed and looked back at him, getting mad.

"Stop. I don't fight. Now go away," I said, hoping he'd get the hint to just leave me alone.

He smiled and looked down. "I'll see you at five," he said, tucking his hands in his pockets. "Please, don't be late," he said, looking back at me.

"Where?" I asked, rolling my eyes.

"I'll get you at your hotel room, so be ready," he smiled, walking backwards.

"James, where are you ganna drag me to?" I asked, looking at his breath-taking smile.

"I'm taking you on a casual date." He smiled, stopping at the door.

I looked at him and chuckled. "I know you heard me when I said I don't do dates," I said, looking back at the screens.

"Doesn't ring a bell," he laughed, before disappearing out the office door. That Moran. I know he heard. And damn he is stubborn. I continued to flood through the traffic photos. Nothing seemed odd or off. I went through them repeatedly, looking for a small detail, but nothing.