36

I walked down the hall when someone showed up out of nowhere from behind a corner. I hit into them, causing myself to take a step back and fall over my own feet. I fell to the ground, immediately feeling someone pull me back up to my feet.

"I am so sorry!" Steve called out as I got my balance. "I should have looked where I was going," he said with a light low laugh.

I smiled, trying not to blush. "I should've walked slower," I laughed, making him give a chuckle.

"Where are you going?" he asked me, noticing I was heading for the back door.

"Oh, just out. Home. I was going home," I stuttered before clearing my throat. "Sorry." I laughed, looking at the door.

He looked at the door, then back at me. "Need a ride?" he asked, giving me severe butterflies. He opened the door, looking amused down at my eyes.

"Sure," I smiled, before heading out the door.

I walked out the door, waiting for him outside. He exited seconds later with two helmets in his hands. He handed me one before walking over to a motorbike in the parking spots. He lifted his legs over the seat, before sitting down and looking at me.

"Coming?" he asked before pulling the helmet onto his head.

I smiled as I walked towards him. I pulled the elastic out of my hair, letting my hair hang loose. Steve's eyes stayed on me, just a bit hidden behind the helmet. I pulled the helmet over my hair onto my head, making sure it fit. I then swung my leg over the bike, causing me to sit behind Steve on the motorbike. I wrapped my arms around his torso.

He smiled under his helmet, before starting his bike. We slowly moved forward, starting to drive out of the parking lot. We drove into the streets, which weren't quite busy. The lights were running past us along with the buildings. The wind flew through the breezy air, feeling fresh. I looked in front of me, at Steve, who looked like he enjoyed the ride.

I turned my head, noticing that we drove past the street heading to my hotel. "Steve," I yelled over the noise. "We passed my hotel!" I yelled, hoping he could hear me.

Without an answer we continued driving down the street, heading towards the end of the city. I started wondering if he even knew where I lived. After a while, the shops, and restaurants next to the street became trees that were not making any noise. The sound softened and the air became more clear. We drove up a silent hill, being covered by trees. I loved the smell of fresh plants and the sound of only birds singing.

We reached the top of the hill, where a building stood with three cars outside. Steve stopped next to a tree, shutting the bike off. He kicked out the stand and let the motorcycle rest on it. He jumped off, before pulling his helmet off his golden-blond hair. I kept my blushed cheeks under the helmet, trying my best to hide my emotions. Did I just find Steve Rodgers hot? Yes.

He put his hand out, helping me off the bike. I pulled the helmet off my head, letting my hair fall loose. Steve smiled as he leaned against his bike, keeping his crystal blue eyes on me. I put the helmet down behind him on the seat, before taking a step back, distancing myself a bit from Steve.

"So, where have you kidnapped me to?" I asked, looking around.

"Well. You looked like you have barely eaten anything today, so I thought I'd bring you out for brunch," he smiled, knowing he did basically take me somewhere without my consent.

"I already had brunch," I laughed, dusting some dirt off the white jeans. "Even though you were right, I did barely eat anything," I smiled, letting the laugh fade away.

"Well then, I yet did bring you to brunch," he laughed standing up. "Welcome to Moony's Retro Home," he said gesturing to the building. I turned to the building, seeing a sign hung above the double doors, saying 'Moony's Retro home'. "Best waffles in the city!" Steve said, taking a step closer to the building.

It had signs hanging in the windows, with lights around them. Soft 70's songs were playing inside, but loud enough for us to hear. It looked like a normal old restaurant that was built in the seventy's.

"This is in the city?" I joked, looking at Steve with a smile.

He gave a chuckle, before walking towards the building. The music became a bit louder as we approached them, and when Steve opened the door, the music was clearly a lot louder inside. He let me walk in first, before he entered himself. There were about three people inside and two waiters. Steve led me down to a booth in the corner, where a waiter immediately brought us menu's.

She smiled when she saw Steve, then noticed me. "Oh, Steve. I'm glad to see you brought a lovely friend," she said, causing Steve to look away from me blushing. "So, today's special is raspberry milkshakes with our famous raspberry waffles," she smiled, handing us the menu's.

"Oh, I'd love one of those," I smiled, looking back at Steve.

He smiled at me, before looking back at the waitress. "Make that two, Sophia," he said, giving her his unopened menu back. I handed her mine before she walked back off.

"This place is so lovely!" I said, looking back around at the place.

There was a young couple sitting at the counter, looking through a photo album. They were both brunettes and the looked about in there early twenties. An older man sat in the back, talking to a waitress, making her laugh. He had grey hair and looked about something in his sixties.

Steve smiled, looking around. "I found this place about six years ago when I was just driving around the city. I've come here ever since," he said, looking back at me. My eyes looked back at him, smiling. "I usually come here alone, but you looked like you could use some peace away from work and your hotel," he said, his voice soft and caring. I smiled, my cheeks turning to a light pink. "So, how are you?" he asked, looking at my smile, which immediately faded.

"My life now could have gone better" I sighed, placing my hands in my lap, rubbing them nervously. "I mean, it's all out now. Almost my entire past." I looked down, avoiding eye contact. "I had a though past, and no matter how hard I try, I now realise I can't escape it," I said, my voice still staying strong.

Steve sighed. "Usually we just have to except the past. It made us who we are today," he said, making me look back up at him. "You can keep on trying to run away from what hurt you or even from what made you strong, but it'll always either find a way back, or it'll never leave," he said, giving a faint smile. I gave a chuckle, making him laugh.