34

We walked out of the compound and down the street to a café, which had lovely plants growing everywhere. The café had bookshelves full of books, which the sold.

Natasha and Wanda immediately walked over to a table where they seated themselves. I scanned through the bookshelves, seeing quite interesting books. I pulled out about six, which I stacked on a pile in a basket. I walked to the counter, placing them down.

"Hello there," a girl said at the counter. She had perfect black hair that was curled up into a hair bun.

"Hi," I smiled, seeing her perfect dark brown eyes. "Do you think, maybe you could keep these for me. Maybe until tomorrow? Or well some time," I asked, gesturing to the books.

"Of course! All I need is your name," she smiled, taking the basket with the books inside.

She handed me a small sticky note, where I wrote my name. She stuck it in the basket, before slipping the basket under the wooden counter.

I smiled and walked over to Natasha and Wanda, in the corner of the café. We sat at a round table that had a cute plant in the middle. We looked through our Menu's and ordered our food. Within about ten minutes our food arrived, and we started talking.

"So, Melion?" Wanda asked taking a sip of her coffee.

I looked at her and laughed. "Yeah. Melion Aideen Kavan, meaning Beloved little fire top of the mountains," I said, before stuffing food in my mouth.

Natasha smiled, liking my name. "Why did you change it?" she asked, looking at me.

"Well, after I sent my sister to Paris, I tried to begin a new life, so I changed my name. I always liked the name Amber," I smiled. "I lived in Germany for the last three years," I said, looking down and playing with my food. "I uh, decided to move back, home. Even with my past," I said, looking back up at them.

Wanda smiled. "Well, I'm glad you did," she said, before taking another sip of her coffee.

I looked at Natasha, who looked a little bothered. "Nat? are you okay?" I asked, picking up my water. Her eyes shot up to me, and she sighed.

"Look, Amber. The first day you came to work I recognized you, but I couldn't place where I recognized you from," she said, folding her arms. "Yesterday I did. You're the white witch." Confused I looked at her, not knowing what she ment. "Five years ago I encountered a Hydra thief who managed to steel a priceless hard drive that was locked in one of the most secure rooms ever made. She made the hard drive disappear when I tried to catch her. She was known as the white witch. Like the winter soldier, she was one of Hydra's most valuable possessions. But she suddenly vanished about three years ago," she said, confusing me more.

"Wait," I said, looking at Wanda. "I was a thief, for Hydra?" I asked, unbelieved. "That can't be. I don't remember any of it," I scoffed.

Nat sighed, giving me a sympathetic glare. "Bucky could also not remember anything. He also just remembers blank moments," she said looking at me.

Suddenly my phone vibrated next to me, and an unknown caller ID popped up. I picked it up and looked at Natasha. "I'm sorry, I gotta take this," I said before disappearing out the café doors. "Hello?" I asked when I answered the call.

"Melion?" Baron said, making me take a deep breath. "You finally answered," he said, sounding relieved.

"Baron?" I asked sitting down on a bench in front of the café. "Really? You're calling me after the shit you pulled yesterday?" I asked, keeping my voice low and unbothered.

"Melion, look I know how I came up to you yesterday was wrong. But you have to understand that I just wanted to help you-" he said, making me laugh.

"Help? You fully destroyed the new life I wanted. The life I was working so hard on," I argued.

Baron sighed, trying to puzzle my words. "Melion, you weren't at your hotel room, so I thought-"

"My what?" I asked shocked. "You were at my Hotel room?" I asked, my voice filling with anger.

"Melion, listen to me!" he yelled, making me flinch on the other side of the phone. "I need to warn you. My father has men looking for you. He wants you back," he said, hearing how I have gone silent.

I sighed, looking around the streets. "You're wrong Baron. He doesn't want me back. He wants his white witch back" I said, making him go absolutely silent.

"You remember?" he asked shocked.

"No..." I corrected. "A friend of mine remembered me from about five years ago," I sighed, keeping my eyes wondering the streets.

"Buchanan?" he said, taking a deep breath.

"Natasha," I corrected. "I made things vanish without a trace. How?" I asked, making Baron go silent. "Baron. I need to know!" I yelled, immediately looking at people whose eyes fell on me.

"Melion, it was tech you made yourself. No one else knows how you made it, but you did. You were the only person who could control it," he said, making me feel a bit calmer. "When you got away, my father started training other experiments to use the tech you left behind, but most died or got severely injured. No one can be as good at it as you were," he said, his voice quite calm.

I took a deep breath, scanning the streets again. "Why does he want her again?" I asked, denying that I am her.

He sighed, not quite knowing how to answer me. "I overheard a conversation where he said something about wanting to find a priceless silver hard drive you stole years ago," he said, his voice soft, almost close to a whisper.

"I don't think that the hard drive still exists," I said, before noticing a man with a cap on his hat staring my way. He was fidgeting at a small stall across the street.

"What?" Baron asked confused.

"I remember shooting a silver hard drive a few weeks after you bombed Mavi's house. The thing was in splinters," I said, keeping my eyes on the man. He looked away from me to a robot, where another man with a cap stood. He was also looking my way.

"Melion? You shot that thing into splinters?" Baron asked yelling.

I stood up from the bench, looking at the two men, realizing I noticed them. The one started crossing the street, causing me to walk back to the café door.

"Look, Baron. Yes, I did. I don't care about whatever was on that hard drive, but it's gone now. So please inform your father about that and leave me the fuck alone," I said before removing the phone from my ear and ending the call.