68

Bending down, I smelled the food, a grin growing on my lips as I stood back up.
Tony looked at me, curious.

“Really guys?” I asked, turning to face them. “Truth serum?” I questioned, laughing. “And the one I made for you! Goodness Tony. You are really a dick, you know that?” I took the food, walking back over to the chair, sitting down. “At times like these I miss Wanda’s cooking.”

All their eyes were on me as I took the plastic fork, collecting some pasta and bringing it to my mouth, eating.

“You’re new,” I said, pointing at the blond with my fork. “And pretty.” I collected more food before stuffing it into my mouth. “How many new adjustments did you guys get to replace Wanda, Vision and I?” I asked, before swallowing the food I had in my mouth.

“How did you know Wanda and Vision were no longer with us?” Tony asked, looking at me chew more food, before swallowing.

“They left the same day I did. Went out of town as I can say properly. Sweet town they live at actually,” I said, looking at him.

“They didn’t tell anyone where they were going, or that they left, so how come you do?” Tony asked, folding his arms.

I laughed. “I’m not stupid Tony. Both of us know what you guys did, and how you would expect us to just return, makes you crazy!” I shook my head while smiling, before taking another bite of food.

“What is she speaking of?” the blond asked, looking at Natasha.

I giggled, moving my eyes to Nat. “Yeah Nat, what am I talking about?” I asked, seeing Nat feel pressured and full of visible regret as she put words together.

“I- I don’t know-”

“Bullshit!” I yelled, jumping up as I threw the empty bowl and tray off my lap, causing it to shatter into pieces. The glass of water spattered across the floor, spilling the water over the glass pieces, causing it to turn merely visible.

Natasha, Carol, and Sam flinched.

“Amber,” Steve whispered, keeping my eyes in mind.

“You guys sold us to the government! And you don’t even look guilty about it!” I yelled, walking forward, just aside from the glass shards. “You didn’t care Tony; you didn’t give a single fuck!”

I stood right in front of him, looking at his emotionless eyes.

“Everyone agreed, not caring about Wanda or I. Much of a so-called family you guys are. You make me sick.”

They all looked guilty, knowing I was hurting. They watched me walk to the cage wall opposite of them, sitting down with my legs lifted to my chest. My eyes looked at them, trying to understand the mental conversations Tony and Bruce had.

“Now, what do you want from me?” I asked, tilting my head slightly.

“Where is Baron?” Bruce asked, his green lips making me chuckle.

“Come on. You really think I created some truth serum that I’m not immune to? Really?”  I laughed, leaning my head back to rest on the glass.

Bruce frowned, but before he could say anything, Tony stepped forward. “Then we’ll force it into you by needle.”

In shock I lift my head to look at him.
“Into my blood? The dosage you’d need for that is dangerous!” I yelled but stayed put on the floor. “You could put me in a coma for days! You don’t know what could happen if I have that serum swimming around in my blood!”

Tony sighed, looked down. “We’ll find these two bastards who put shit in your head and place bullets in theirs.”

I scoffed, furious at Tony. Emrys and Baron put nothing in my head. For all I know, Baron could’ve lied about a few things, but I saw the footage myself, they sold me out. And they didn’t deny it! Even though Natasha, Steve and a few others didn’t agree, they could’ve told me, or even Wanda! But no, we had to find out from our enemies. And gosh, we had to run away from our homes!

I shook my head while glaring at Tony. “Why are you so arrogant? They did nothing! I saw the fucking tape!”

For sure Tony was surprised about the video, but he didn’t show it. He moved his eyes away from me and looked at Bruce.

“I have to make a phone call. You know what to do,” he mumbled, before walking past all of them and out the door.

Looking at them I was confused. What did Bruce have to do? Steve looked away from me, regret showing clearly on his face. Natasha looked at the blond next to her, holding back tears. Bruce walked to the side, stepping in front of a computer, switching it on.

From far away I could focus on the screen, seeing him type in words and select a bunch of stuff. I couldn’t make out much of it, but when I noticed the word ‘smoke’ I clicked.

Before I could do anything, even say a word, the cage suddenly filled with white smoke. I covered my mouth, but my fingers would be of no help. The smoke filled every whole, making everything blurry.

I jumped up, searching for a place where I could huddle in, but it was no use. Before I could do or say anything, everything went dark, and before I knew it, I must’ve blacked out.