46

The clock hit 10:00, making Bucky worry. He walked up and down the compound again, searching in every nook and corner.

"Hey, Tony," he said rushing into Tony's office. Tony looked up from his tablet, seeing Bucky standing at the door. "Is Amber in yet?" he asked, his tone in a rush.

"Oh, no," Tony said frowning. "She asked for a few weeks off."

"Did she give a reason?" he asked.

"No, just that something deeply personal happened and she wants some time off," Tony said putting the tablet down.

"She rushed out here last night, earlier than usual," Thor said, walking in behind Bucky. "She looked quite upset, but I thought maybe she was just, you know, that time," he said sitting down on a chair near Tony.

Bucky sighed, realising he fucked up, badly. He grunted, running down the stairs, leaving the two confused. He stormed into the garage, jumping onto his motorcycle. He started it and speeded out of the compound into the streets, not caring about a helmet.

The roads were busy, people driving to work. He drove over red lights and speeded through the wrong lanes. He stopped in front of the Hotel doors, jumping off and heading to the elevator, running. He pushed the button, looking up at the floor level: 39, 38, 37. The levels passed slowly, sending him into anger.

He ran to the staircase, rushing up the stairs. He pushed passed a few people, earning a "Hey!" or a "What the fuck dude!" along the way. He jumped oversteps; his hair flying wild.

He wanted to stop me, apologize, beg me to stay. He felt heartbroken regret. He probably had his reasons for not telling me about Brooke, but he never did, and he felt like a dick because of it. He felt anger, at himself. For lying, keeping things secret. He kept remembering my face, my fake smile, my teary eyes. He hurt. He finally reached my floor and ran full speed down the hall. He reached my door, knocking loudly.

"Amber!" he yelled. "Please, please open up!" he begged. "I'm really, really, really sorry!" he said banging on the door again.

The door next door opened, and Mrs. Carter peaked out. "You looking for Amber dear?" she asked in a soft voice.

Bucky looked up at her, seeing her calm face. "Yes," he said, desperately.

"Oh, she left late last night dear," Mrs. Carter said seeing Bucky's desperate search for me. "She came in crying and left a few hours later with a suitcase," she said, folding her arms.

"Fuck!" Bucky yelled, hitting my door again.

"Are you Bucky dear?" Mrs. Carter asked in her same soft tone.

Bucky looked up at her, lightly frowning. "Yes ma'am," he said, curious of why she asked that.

"Aah!" Mrs. Carter said turning around, pulling a key card off of a little table. "She asked me last night to give this to a young fella named Bucky, someone with nice long brown hair. She was in tears when she handed me the key card," she said, handing him the white rectangle plastic paper.

"Did she say anything else?" Bucky asked, taking the card.

Mrs. Carter looked at the roof thinking. "Aah, yes," she remembered. "She also asked me to tell you to please not go looking for her. And to please keep the key card. And she hopes you're happy with someone, I can't quite remember her name. A girl," Mrs. Carter smiled, before walking into her room again, closing the door without another word.

Bucky took a deep breath, before unlocking my hotel door. He opened it, to see a clean compartment. He smiled, remembering neat I was. He walked in, closing the door behind him. He saw a basket on the kitchen counter full of his clothes, neatly folded. He walked over to my closet, seeing that I had taken most of my clothes, but left most of my summer clothes.

He sat down on my bed, noticing a bedframe on my bedside. The first selfie we ever took. That caused his eyes tear up. That made him realize how much he actually meant to me. He laid back on my bed, letting out a sigh.

I was gone. I ran off. I ran away from a boy, something I thought I'd never do again.