22

I returned to work, my head banging with another headache. Of course I didn't get any sleep. Falling down onto my chair, I dropped all my files that I had to work on and dropped my head to the surface of the table. I groaned.

"Another sleepless night?" Natasha asked, walking into the room with a bottle of brandy.

In rush I jumped up, snatched the bottle, and started unscrewing the lip. In one second I took a gulp of the alcohol and felt completely set at ease.

"Wow tiger!" Pepper said snatching the bottle away from me. At first I glared at her when she turned her back to me, until she turned around again with sappy cups. I smiled. "My husband would kill us if he caught us drinking at work."

I laughed. "He'll find out eventually Pepper," I giggled.

Wanda came in the room with a plastic bag, probably full of snacks. "This has been a hard day for the lot of us. We all need to refresh!" she said, dropping to the floor with the bag. "Oh, and I called some others..."

I raised an eyebrow, confused as what she ment. Letting it fly over, I returned my eyes to Natasha, who threw out a few blankets, like last week at my apartment.

I haven't slept more than six hours since. When Doctor Strange told us of Loki's reappearance here on earth, the others had went bizarre after the mission. It was torture for everyone, mostly me. While they had to train, I had to search cities, countries. My eyes were everywhere on this earth, searching for this god of mischief. Honestly, I was dreaded.

"Well look who finally arrived!" Pepper laughed, looking at the door. I looked up, seeing some an unfamiliar face. I smiled, unsure of how to act. "Don't worry dear," Pepper giggled. "This is Shuri, T'Challa's sister."

I smiled. T'Challa, A.K.A Black Panther.

"It's nice to finally meet you!" I greeted; a smile spread on my lips.

"You too!" she said, before coming in for an unexpected hug. She was so sweet.

Before I could blink, we were all in a bundle on my office floor, sappy cup in hand laughing. Honestly, I felt safe with a group of girlfriends around me. Before we knew it, we were all wasted. Pepper had pulled more alcohol out of somewhere, which made a smile spread on all our faces.

Shuri and I mostly started to know each other. She was truly a great person. She was in town with her brother, and when Nat and Wanda heard, they couldn't resist. Clearly they had missions with her in the past, which brought her to their immediate liking.

Later, Wanda pulled out music, and started to blast it loudly in the office. We were completely clueless about the boys in the compound, and truly we couldn't care any less. We were having fun and that was all that matters.

¯Living in this big blue world~ with my head up in outer space~ I know I'll be A-O-A-OK~ I know I'll be A-O-A-OK~¯

We were living it, all singing louder than loudly.

¯When I see trouble come my way~ I'll be making lemonade~ I know I'll be A-O-A-OK~ I know I'll be A-O-A-OK~¯

We started dancing, each on their own, but yet all singing to each other.

¯Hey little lady, I know you're feeling crazy~ All your other friends are busy making them babies~ Been out in the real world, don't like how it's tasting~ Let me change your mind with a little old saying~ Two, four, six, eight, who do we appreciate?~ Put some sugar in my water, cause we making Minute Maid~ Forget all the hate~ Let's just do the shimmy-shake~ Throw my middle finger up down the interstate~¯

We were either completely off key, or completely loud, but whatever we were somehow attracted curious little boys. But their curiosity didn't stop us girls.

Living in this big blue world~ with my head up in outer space~ I know I'll be A-O-A-OK~ I know I'll be A-O-A-OK~ When I see trouble come my way~ I'll be making lemonade~ I know I'll be A-O-A-OK~ I know I'll be A-O-A-OK~¯

We jumped on the chairs or stood around dancing.

¯A-O-A-OK~ A-O-A-OK~¯

We smiled.

¯I'd be lying if I said I knew the way~ I just eat shit and pretend that it's gourmet~ I've had terrible, horrible, no-good, very bad days~ But I'm a G, can't you see that I will always be~ A-OH-A-OK~ A-OH-A-OK,~ I'm gon' be A-OH-A-OK! You gon' be A-OH-A-OK~ We gon' be A-OH-A-OK~ ¯

We laughed.

¯Living in this big blue world~ with my head up in outer space~ I know I'll be A-O-A-OK~ I know I'll be A-O-A-OK~ When I see trouble come my way~ I'll be making lemonade~ I know I'll be A-O-A-OK~ I know I'll be A-O-A-OK~¯

We fell to the ground in laughter, unaware of our surroundings, well that was until we heard the boys laugh.

"You got it Tony?" Sam asked, catching our attention.

We all looked up, seeing Tony with his camera in his hands, recording us. In fury Pepper jumped up, storming forward, trying to snatch the phone. Unfortunately, Tony threw the phone to Clint, who grabbed it and smiled, starting to type something.

"What you doing?" Natasha asked from her seat on the couch.

Clint just smile, continuing his typing. Before we could respond or do anything, he smirked.

"You girls are currently going wild on YouTube," he said teasingly, before laughing.

In shock Shuri, Natasha and I pulled our phones out, noticing that a video of us was posted and heading viral on Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, and Facebook. We were shocked. It all happened barely a minute ago!

"You four better sober up before tomorrow!" Tony said frowning. "We are having an important meeting and I swear if you guys-"

"Boo-hoo," I said, leaning over the back of the chair, resting on my chin. "You're all so sad," I complained, before turning around and sinking lower into my seat with a pout.

Pepper laughed. "We'll be fine, thanks Tony!"

The boys all laughed, before disappearing back off. The girls on the other hand kept drinking, until late when Shuri headed back to her brother, who was quite disappointed to see his sister wasted. Natasha and Wanda both headed to bed, but Pepper and I fell right asleep on my couch, head on shoulders and blacked-out.