33

I rushed back to the compound, where everyone was still in the kitchen. Natasha immediately noticed me and smiled. "Are you okay?" she asked, a bit concerned about me.

Suddenly I realized last night's events. I gave a faint frown before losing it and smiling.

"Yeah, sorry. I uh, I shouldn't have kept that from you guys. It was, it was stupid," I sighed, looking down at my shoes.

"It's okay Amber," Natasha said, looking at me. "You had the full right not to tell us." She smiled, before slowly fading it away. I smiled, and lightly saw Bucky look at me and Steve, still 100% completely confused.

"I probably have to go help Tony," I said, ending a few seconds of silence.

"It's your day off," Steve said, leaning against the kitchen counter. I sighed, knowing I didn't want to go home, but I also didn't want to stay here.

"Let's go get brunch?" Natasha said, looking at Wanda and me. "The three of us. The girls," she smiles, ignoring the boys around us. Wanda and Nat stood up, flooding up the stairs to get dressed. Clint also disappeared out of the compound, rushing to his house, his family.

I was left alone with Steve and Bucky, who were both silent for a while. "Thank you for last night," I said looking at Steve. He smiled, leaning against the kitchen counter. He wore a white shirt, that sat a bit tight to be honest. But I didn't mind. I felt Bucky's eyes on me as I sat up on the counter.

"Anytime." Steve smirked, earning another completely confused look from Bucky. "I hope my bed wasn't too hard. I don't really like soft beds," he said, bringing a cup of coffee to his mouth. Bucky sat shocked, probably hoping we didn't end up having sex last night. His eyes were widened, while his brows were frowning.

I smiled at Steve. "Not at all. I slept comfortable," I said, keeping my eyes on him.

"Well" Steve said standing up straight again. "I'm going to go train. Enjoy your brunch," he smiled before disappearing out the kitchen door. He left me with Bucky, who jumped up from his chair and walked over to me.

"What happened last night?" he asked bluntly, curiously.

I rolled my eyes and scoffed. "I don't remember," I mumbled, looking away from him. I felt his ocean blue eyes wonder from my eyes to my lips to my thighs. "I probably fell asleep on the chair, and he just took me to his bed, where it is more comfortable," I said, snapping him out of his hungry gaze.

"You look pretty in white jeans," he said, surprising me. I looked back at him, seeing a flirtish smile on his lips. I jumped off the counter without saying anything and walked past him. He grabbed my wrist, making me turn to face him again. "Look, Amber, I'm sorry. I tried calling you. but you won't answer the phone," he said, looking down at me.

I plucked my hand out of his grasp and looked at him furiously. "James, I know you've been calling me. And texting me. But I told you I wanted you to leave me alone, but you won't fucking listen," I said, glaring at him. "Please, stop being so fucking obsessed with me," I said frowning.

"You think I'm not trying?" he asked frowning at me. "I just don't know what it is, but it's something about you that just makes me go crazy," he said, looking me up and down. "Look, Amber, I'm sorry for what happened at that meeting, but you have to forgive me?" he said, his voice soft and smooth.

"And if I just want you to leave me alone?" I asked rolling my eyes. "Nat and Wanda will be coming down any second," I sighed, walking away. As I did, they came down the stairs, both dressed. "We ready?" I asked them, while grabbing my phone off the counter.