3

I woke up to my phone ringing. I tried to reach for it, but I couldn't find where it was. I swung my hair up, out of my face and saw it vibrate through the bedroom door. I jumped out of bed running to my phone.

"Hello?" I answered, not noticing the caller ID. "Oh, hi yeah. This is Amber," I said looking down, noticing I was still naked. "Wait, what really?" I asked surprised as I heard the news. "Oh my god, yes, thank you!" I squealed in joy. "I can be there in about thirty to forty minutes!" The voice across the phone gave me the location and everything. "Thank you very much!" I thanked before hanging up.

I put my phone down, making my sunflower phone case face up. I ran into my bedroom, having no time to waste. I grabbed a pair of jeans and a basic t-shirt out of my closet, pulling them on my body as I ran over to my vanity. I shuffled through it, looking for a brush and a hair tie. I pulled my hair up, tying it into a high ponytail. I rushed into the bathroom and pulled out some toothpaste and my toothbrush.

"Morning Sunflower." James greeted in a deep sleepy voice while sitting up straight on the bed. I had forgotten about him a little, so I was kind of shocked when I heard his voice. "Why are you in such a rush?" he asked, covering himself with my duvet cover.

I came running out of the bathroom with the yellow toothbrush in my mouth. "The people from the interview called me, I got the job. They said I can come in today." I pushed open my jewellery box pulling out a necklace. I ran back into the bathroom, spitting out the toothpaste.

"You have to go in now?" he asked, looking at me come out of the bathroom.

"Yeah, its easily a ten-minute bus drive and then I still have to walk for a few minutes," I said rushing back to my vanity. "Shit," I mumbled as the necklace clip fell of my fingers.

"Here" James chuckled gesturing me to sit in front of him. I smiled and gave him the necklace. He swung it in front of me. I pulled my ponytail out of the way, letting him click the necklace. He then slowly started kissing my neck, sending me shivers.

"I can't," I said sliding off the bed.

He groaned, grabbing me around the waist again, trying to pull me back. I laughed as he did so, and something in me suddenly stopped fighting it, and let him pull me to him. He sat at the edge of the bed and held onto me as I sat down between his legs.

"At least stay a few minutes," he said in my ear, his voice still sleepy and dark.

Softly, he placed kisses in my neck, giving me shivers. I slightly tilted my head to the side, and let him kiss my neck.

"I can't," I breathed softly. "I can't be late. It'll be my first day."

He chuckled. "Just a few minutes," he whispered, tightening his arms around my waist. "Please."

A soft groan left my lips, but then I shook my head, softly pulling away from his grasp. "I'm sorry, James. I have to go."

I made my way to my jewellery box, where I pulled a bracelet onto my arm.

"You don't wear earrings?" he asked looking at me.

"I don't have piercings," I rushed to my closet, swinging the doors open. I pulled some easy sneakers on my feet as I hopped to the door. "I have to go. Here is my key card. I'll get it by you later. I think you have my number?" I said grabbing my things.

James chuckled and looked me up and down. "No, I don't." He sighed.

I grabbed a pen and paper, scribbling my phone number down. "Now you do." I smiled. "I'm so, so sorry, but I have to go. Call me when you can so I can get the key card."

Before he could answer I ran out the door, shutting it behind me. I didn't wait for the elevator, instead I ran down the stairs, for 48 stories. I reached the bottom and rushed to the bus stop, catching it on time. I jumped on and stood in the front near the driver.

We drove for about 15 minutes, dropping off and picking up many people. We finally stopped at the bus stop nearest to my destination. I looked at the time on my phone, seeing that I was late.

"Fuck!" I yelled as my phone died in my hand. I started running.

I ran down the road, as fast as I could. I ran down the pathway into the driveway of the headquarters. I knocked on the door, trying to catch my breath. Slowly someone opened the door and looked down at the breathless girl in front of him.

"You must be Amber, right?" he asked letting me in.

"Yes, it is, I'm so sorry I'm late. The bus ride took forever, and my phone died on my way here," I apologized, standing back up straight.

"It's okay, you're not that late," he said with a smile. "I'm Tony Stark, your boss, from the interview," he smiled. I smiled at him and shook his hand. He started walking down the hall, gesturing me to follow. "I was impressed with your application. You really are good for this job," he said, walking into a room. "Here, I can plug your phone in in the other room." He took my phone and disappeared into the other room. He returned, with someone following behind him. "Oh, Steve, this is Amber. My new assistant, also a recruit," he said gesturing to me.

I saw a six foot three, blond man stood in front of me. I immediately recognized his as Captain America. "Well, hello," he said, a smile spread his face. He reached out his hand, shaking mine.

"Hi," I said back, giving a smile.

Tony grabbed Steve's attention again. "Have you seen Bucky? I need his help," he said looking at Steve.

"Uh, no. I didn't see him come home last night," Steve commented, looking at some stairs. "I'll tell him you're looking for him when he returns," he said, giving me one last glance, with a smirk.

Tony continued walking, showing me the place. The place was a lot bigger and fancier than I thought, but a lot less complicated. He showed me the training room, the bedrooms, the kitchens and so forth. I didn't meet anyone else except Steve Rogers. When we entered the last room, I saw at least six people sitting there.

"Everyone, this is my new assistant, and a new recruit," Tony said gesturing to me. "Please play nice." At first, I thought he was joking, but his facial expression didn't suggest so.

"Hi, I'm Amber," I introduced, feeling quite nervous.

"I'm Natasha," a woman said waving at me. She then frowned when I smiled. Something odd. She had beautiful red hair that hung above her shoulders. "This is Wanda," she said gesturing to a girl next to her.

"Hi," Wanda said smiling. She had brown hair that hung under her shoulders, swaying loose. "Natasha and I really have to go, but it's really nice meeting you" she stood up, along with Natasha.

The waved and left the room. Tony sighed, grabbing my attention again. "Then these four are Clint, Thor, Bruce and Samuel, or Sam," he said pointing at the four men in the room. Steve entered the room, sitting down on one of the couches. "And then you know Steve," Tony said pointing to Steve. "Here." He handed me a clipboard with a few papers. "Just fill these in, then you officially work here." he smiled, before walking out of the room.

I sat down at a small table, filling in the many questions. Like:

Name: Amber Monroe
Age: 22
Height: 5 foot 5
Eye colour: Hazel

Anda lot more.