18

With that we heard a loud knock on my door. Bucky immediately jumped up and looked at the door in surprise. I sat up, confused. Another loud knock threw panic into Bucky, and he grabbed his shirt off the floor and flooded into the bathroom.

"Amber, you home?" a voice called, causing Bucky to look at me with bright eyes.

I rushed to the door after grabbing my light brown shirt off the floor and pulling it over my head and onto my body. I quickly unlocked the door and opened it slightly, seeing two women stand outside my door with bags in their hands. I smiled, really hoping Bucky had disappeared.

"Hi!" Wanda smiled, looking at me with a sudden smile. "Tony let us know you were home with cramps. We know how hard it is to be at home with such a problem and we thought to visit you,"

Without thinking about Bucky I opened the door wider and let them enter. "Natasha, Wanda, you two didn't have to come!" I thanked, closing the door behind them. "But I don't actually have cramps," I said instantly but felt no shame in saying it.

Natasha turned to me, which made me realize my words. I stood there fearing of what she could say, until a smile spread on her lips.

"Oh boy, we figured," she said instantly, before turning back around and unpacking the bags.

Totally confused I walked to stand in front of them and frowned. "What do you mean?" I asked scared, suddenly remembering that Bucky was in my bathroom.

"Your period ended a week ago..." Wanda said unexpectedly, making me raise an eyebrow. "And we also use that excuse a lot to keep us from working,"

Those words made me laugh, before suddenly remembering about Bucky.

"I'll be right back," I said quickly, trying to hide my panic.

I rushed around the counter and into my bedroom. I rushed to the bathroom and slowly entered the door, revealing an empty bathroom. The window was open with the curtain flew out. I bent out, looking down, seeing Bucky climb into a window far below. Shocked I looked at him vanish, before popping his head out the window and smile up at me. I shook my head as he smiled and saluted, before vanishing again.

I returned to the kitchen, where the girls had packed the counter full of food and wine. I chuckled, looking at everything. There was sweet red wine, pretzels, chips, chocolates, strawberries, Nutella, nuts, and donuts. A smile spread on Wanda's lips as she pulled wine glasses out my cupboard. She placed them down and threw wine in them, filling them to the top.

Suddenly I felt something against my leg and when I turned around, I saw Natasha throw out a bunch of blankets, and throw pillows everywhere. Before I could say anything, Wanda sat down a bunch of everything, then she sat down herself.

I laughed, grabbing a wine glass off the counter, and sitting down with them.

"So what? Tony thinks you two are here to comfort me?" I asked with a giggle as Natasha sat down as well.

"Pretty much," she mumbled before taking a sip of wine, making me laugh. "But this is a girls day," she added, making me agree instantly.

"You are one of the only Avengers who has an apartment outside the compound," Wanda said as she snatched a rainbow sprinkles donut. "Everyone lives there." She took a bite of it, making vanilla icing all out from within it.

"Really?" I asked confused as I opened the Nutella and snatched a few strawberries, dipping them in the Nutella.

Natasha nodded her head, making me feel odd. Everyone slept at the compound? And this wasn't quite an apartment, but rather a hotel, which I didn't pay for, but now Tony did, freely. I had an idea that Pepper made him agree, after I turned down the opportunity to stay at the compound, twice.

"So, boy?" Wanda asked, taking a sip of her wine.

"Boy?" I asked confused.

Natasha and Wanda giggled. "Come on. You have hickeys when you arrive at work. You seem very happy, yet secretive. So, who's the boyfriend?" Natasha's voice was very curious.

I laughed. "Well, I doubt you know him" I lied, looking at them with a smile. "I met him at a bar, a few months ago, right before I started working at the compound," I smiled as they both 'awed' jokingly. "We are close. He's sweet, caring. Rides a motorcycle. Makes crappy jokes-"

"And?" Natasha asked secretively, peeping over her glass of sweet red wine. Immediately I knew what she ment in her tone.

"And he's amazing in bed..." I admitted, making all three of us burst into laughter.

"Oh boy my dear, spare us the details!" Wanda joked, making me almost choke.

We kept gossiping and joking, mostly about the boys at the compound. We all gave them nicknames, which was our new secret communication names, to keep our conversations private.

We laughed and drank until we were tipsy enough to start spreading things our sober mouths would never leak. Turned out Natasha was a great ballet dancer and Wanda was obsessed with shows. I managed to keep my past on a low, answering questions as dry as possible.