60

Cara smile, taking a step back.

"Mom!" Dean said, tugging on my arm. I looked down at him, seeing his ocean eyes look up at me. "I wanna go trick-or-treating!"

I smiled. "Okay, okay! Give me a few seconds to say bye to mommy's friends." I turned to the three girls who were smiling at me. "I'll see you three around?" I asked, feeling Dean start to walk away.

"Sure thing Melion!" Aria said, making me laugh.

Before I could respond, Dean had plucked me away from the three laughing faces. He pulled up to the first house, before running ahead to the front door. Without hesitation he knocked on the door and with a cheerful 'trick-or-treat' he smiled as they opened the door. It was an old couple, and with bright smiles, they gave Dean a few candy bars. With total excitement he ran back to me in laughter.

"Mommy! Mommy! They gave me candy!" he yelled as he jumped up and down.

I laughed. "I know baby, that's what they do!"

In a rush, he grabbed my hand and pulled me to the next house, knocking on the door and cheerfully said, "Trick-or-treat!" Emrys and I ended up walked a little behind him as he ran from door to door, collecting sugar. He was more excited to be yelling the words than to collect the sweets, where he accidentally yelled the words and ran off, causing me to jump forward and remind him to actually take the sweets. The people would smile brightly and laugh, loving Dean's silliness.

Emrys had the dogs on leashes, keeping them still when they tried running after Dean.

By the end of the street, Dean's bucket was full, but he was still hyper. We went back to the maze, where Dean handed Emrys the bucket hand grabbed my hand, pulling me into the misty maze. It was built right next to town, but it was kept small and simple. Dean pulled me around corners, to a point where he had completely lost his way. He'd drag me around every corner, but little did he knew he was just pulling us further away from the entrance.

"Mommy," he said after a while, dragging his feet across the ground as he lightly tugged on my arm.

I turned around, seeing his exhausted eyes look down at the ground. He looked seconds away from collapsing to the ground. "What's wrong my little fairy?" I asked bending down to his dead-looking body.

"Mommy I'm tired," he said, leaning back a bit. I laughed, picking him up, causing his legs to wrap around my waist. "Mommy I want to go home," he said, rubbing his eyes. "Mommy can we go home?" he asked, resting his head on my shoulder.

"Of course baby," I said, a smile spread on my lips as I gave him a kiss on his forehead. "We can go home."

Easily I found my way out of the maze, already having it memorized from Dean's running around. Emrys sat outside on a bench looking like an exhausted puppy. The dogs were playing with a ball, not one of their leashes in Emrys's hands. When he noticed me he grew a smile.

"You ready to leave?" I asked Emrys, gesturing to the sleepy boy in my arms.

He smiled, nodding. Standing up, he whistled to the dogs and quickly grabbed a hold of their leashes. Slowly we started walking back into the dark, pitch-black woods. I stayed close to Emrys and the dogs, just for caution.

I never liked the dark.

"Exhausted I see?" Emrys questioned, looking at Dean asleep on my shoulder.

I giggled. "Yeah." I moved some loose hair out of Dean's eyes, smiling. "I really need to cut his hair again. It's growing wildly."

Emrys snickered. "This one won't allow you near his hair with scissors. You know how stubborn he is."

I laughed. "He's his father's son alright." We turned around a corner, seeing the light of the porch behind some trees. "I'll try to persuade him tomorrow. He'll fold eventually." Emrys laughed, shaking his head.

His brown curls fell into his face, causing him to move them away from his eyes. I smiled.

"Looks like my big brother needs a trim as well." I laughed, making him laugh. "Or you could just go into town and-"

"No," Emrys jumped in defence, making me laugh. "You can cut it. But tomorrow afternoon. You need to go buy some groceries first."

I looked at him with a smile. "Remind me why I took up grocery duty?" I joked, making him laugh again.

"At least you don't do the dishes anymore," he added, making me smile.