61

We reached the porch, where Emrys unlocked the door and let me in, followed by the dogs.

They rushed up the stairs into my bedroom where they most likely jumped on my bed and immediately made themselves at home. They were always so cosy on my bed, never Emrys’s.

I slowly took steps up the staircase, making sure I didn’t wake Dean. Down the short hallway on the left, I walked into his bedroom, stepping over dolls and ships.

While laying him down, I felt Dean’s hands around my neck loosen lightly, but refuse to let go. I laughed softly, removing his hands myself. He grabbed a hold of my hands, keeping it in his grip. I pulled a chair closer, before caressing his head as I pulled a blanket over his shoulders.

“Mommy,” Dean whispered, gently opening his eyes. “Can you sing me a song please?”

I smiled, sitting down on the wooden chair, looking at his smile. Gently I took the green hat off his head, placing it on the bedside table.

“Sure sweety. What do you want to hear?” I asked softly, smiling at his ocean blue eyes.

“The story of the lost boy.” He looked at me with tired, begging eyes. I smiled, taking a silent deep breath.

🎶There was a time when I was alone~ Nowhere to go and no place to call home~ My only friend was the man in the moon~ But even sometimes he would go away too~ Then one night as I close my eyes, I saw a shadow flying high~ He came to me in with the sweetest smile~ Told me he wanted to talk for a while~ He said: “Peter Pan, that’s what they call me~ I promise that you’ll never be lonely”~ And ever since that day~

Slowly I saw Dean’s eyes close, but he was still listening.

🎶I am a Lost Boy, from Neverland~ Usually hanging out with, Peter Pan~ And when we’re bored we’d play in the woods~ Always on the run from, Captain Hook~ “Run! Run! Lost Boy,” they say to me~ Away from all of reality~ Neverland is home to Lost Boys like me~ And Lost Boys like me are free~ Neverland is home to Lost Boys like me~ And Lost Boys like me are free~

Dean’s eyes were completely shut, and his grip had loosened from my hand. Smiling, I gave him a kiss on his forehead and stood up, when he grabbed my hand again.

“I love you mommy,” he whispered, before letting go again and snuggling into his blankets.

With an adored smile on my face I walked to the door, where I switched off his light and closed it, with only a small peak open. I went back downstairs to find Emrys at the kitchen table with his hat and eye patch off in front of him. He looked in wonder, and not wanting to disturb that I grabbed myself a mug and poured myself some coffee from the pot.

Silently I seated myself in front of him, looking at him look at me.

“We need sugar,” he said, looking at me lightly swish my coffee around in the mug. I smiled nodding my head. “What are you really going to do?” he asked, losing his casual conversation voice. “You don’t just get groceries, ever.”

Sighing I looked at him while placing my cup down. “I want to look around. Maybe Baron could have-”

“You already searched eleven times Melion!” Emrys sighed, shaking his head. “Baron is the past. What he said was most likely just stupid and just to keep you from going crazy. Deal with the fact that there is nothing we can do about Hydra.”

Looking away from Emrys, I sighed. “Their base is here. I can tear them down from-”

“You cannot do this Melion!” Emrys yelled a little louder.

“Shh!” I hushed, placing my finger on my lips. “You want to wake Dean up?” I asked, glaring at him. “Hydra doesn’t know I’m alive. Now can you just stop being so paranoid.”

Emrys chuckled. “Me? Paranoid?” He shook his head as he smiled. “Have you seen what you did in the first week of moving here?” he asked rhetorically. I laughed. “I’m just being careful. Especially for Dean’s sake. Without a father he-”

“Don’t bring Steve into this.” I stood up, glaring down at Emrys who realized what he said. “I can raise Dean on my own. And I will if you don’t stop acting like you own us.”

Without waiting for Emrys to respond I walked off, leaving my steaming cup of coffee in front of him. He kept silent, knowing whatever he said next could result in me getting pissed. I walked up the stairs to my bedroom, where I found the three dogs fast asleep on the foot of my bed. I grew a smile, before pulling my stockings and skirt off and pulling on sweatpants. I kept my crop-top on while slipping into bed under blankets.

I laid on my back staring at the roof, seeing Steve’s face in the back of my mind. I missed him. I knew I couldn’t see him, but goodness I wished I could. Leaving without an explanation was the stupidest thing I have ever done, but man I was angry. Mostly at Tony and Bucky. They just gave me up like I was nothing. None the less Wanda as well. We visited them just after we ran away. She was happy in Westville. Everything there was normal, and she was living a happy life with Vision; and she was pregnant as well!

Slowly, second for second I dozed off, falling asleep.