143

Chapter 143 Second Step Is to Promote Oneself

Making friends?

Aylin wore a faint, almost imperceptible smile, her willow-like eyebrows slightly raised as she sized up Waylon.

Waylon was not afraid, and he confidently allowed her to examine him. After all, being gazed upon by a beautiful woman with almond-shaped eyes was a kind of pleasure in itself.

Waylon, from New York, is the young master of the Kline family who has grown up being pampered and adored.

In all fairness, he was extremely handsome, with every feature exquisitely refined and elegant. He exuded an air of nobility, and his captivating peach blossom eyes seemed to hold a myriad of deep

emotions.

The Kline family had always struggled to have children. Waylon had countless cousins, but it wasn’t until Wesley reached middle age that he finally had this precious grandson.

It’s like holding something delicate in your hand, afraid of dropping it, or keeping it in your mouth, afraid it might melt away. From the very beginning, it was made clear that all of the Kline family’s properties belonged to Waylon, as a warning to those with ill intentions not to covet them.

Both Waylon and Aylin are central figures in New York’s high society. Aylin is also somewhat aware of the intriguing secrets and anecdotes surrounding Waylon.

It is said that Waylon was a very well-behaved child when he was young, like a beautiful porcelain. doll that everyone adored. However, no one knows what he went through later in life that turned

him into such a rebellious character.

What she heard was the story of uncles and relatives fighting for power in the business world,

which almost cost Waylon his life. After much reflection, Wesley decided to take drastic measures

to cleanse the family and sent Waylon abroad.

A few years later, when Waylon returned, he had transformed into the very image of a dissolute.

young man.

He made it clear that he didn’t want to inherit the family business, claiming it was uninteresting.

It’s hard to determine the truth and falsehood within.

Aylin knew that if he were truly a prodigal and worthless person, there was no way he could become best friends with the workaholic Gavyn.

These two people are so close that they could wear the same pair of pants.

Waylon tilted his head slightly, bringing his handsome face closer, and asked, “You’ve been

looking at me for so long, what have you noticed?”

“It’s clear that your playful and cheerful demeanor is just a facade. Ever since you went to Camp Count at the age of seventeen, your personality has undergone such a significant change. The old Mr. Kline wasn’t nearly as charming and flirtatious.”

Aylin smiled faintly, looking calm and composed, “And now, Waylon is a man who loves women, and his motto is to bring happiness to all the women in the world.

How about that, am I right?”

Waylon was dumbfounded.

Every prominent family has a training base for their younger members, but only the Kline family and a few of his best friends knew about his trip to Camp Count. His friends were tight-lipped and would never recklessly spread the news.

Aylin even recited the name of the training camp word for word, which was simply beyond his comprehension!

“Ms. Koch, I must say, you seem to know me quite well,” Waylon blinked in surprise. “How did you find out all this information?”

Aylin didn’t give a direct answer, she just said lightly, “I have my own ways, of course.”

She didn’t want to say it outright, and Waylon didn’t press her for an answer.

It’s a fortunate thing to be understood by a beautiful person. He felt that this was Aylin’s preference for him, and with a grin, he closed the distance between them and whispered, “Since Ms. Koch knows me so well, don’t you want to give dating me a try?”

Waylon’s voice was deep and magnetic, with a hint of laughter, making him the very image of a charming young gentleman. If it were an ordinary girl, she would probably be mesmerized by his handsome face.

Unfortunately, Aylin was not a young lady without her own opinions.

Seeing Waylon start to joke around again, Aylin slightly restrained her smile and said indifferently, “No, I’m not interested.”

“Why? If you can say that, it just proves you only know me on a superficial level. Don’t be scared by the rumors out there.” Waylon put his sunglasses in his pocket and patted his chest, saying, “When I truly like someone, I’m very loyal!”

“Really?” Aylin casually stroked the silver chain on her wrist and said, “Well, that has nothing to do with me. I don’t plan on dating anytime soon.”

“I know, you were hurt by Gavyn, weren’t you?”

Get Bonus

Waylon slammed the table, looking extremely upset, “Although we are best friends, our characters are different. I may seem flirtatious, but when I’m serious, I’m the most loyal. Gavyn appears to be indifferent to women, but in reality, he’s so stubborn! I’ve told him that Laila is not a good person, but he just won’t listen!”

He paused for a moment, then looked at Aylin with sincerity in his eyes. “I’m not like him, you

know. I saw your gentle and considerate nature towards your partner from the very beginning.

Gavyn couldn’t see your strengths, but I’m a perceptive person! In terms of background, appearance, and temperament, how am I inferior to Gavyn?”

“Oh?”

4

Aylin’s face was expressionless, her head lowered without even lifting her eyes. “It all sounds the same to me. I don’t see how you’re any better. Why should I pick a general from a group of shorties?”