76

Chapter 76 The Insignificant One

Aylin looked at him coldly.

Waylon held his dropped jaw in astonishment, half in surprise and half in admiration. “Oh my goodness, I can’t believe I misjudged this time. How could I not have thought of it? Ayiln, Koch, the daughter of the Koch family… So you are the daughter of the Koch family…”

Robert felt that not only was Waylon’s eyesight poor, but his mind wasn’t quite right either.

Aylin was a beauty with heavenly charm, how could anyone not see that?

Aylin still hadn’t given Waylon a direct answer. With her beautiful, delicate eyebrows raised slightly, she bluntly said, “Running around asking questions, do you have a lot of free time? Don’t you have anything better to do?”

Waylon is Gavyn’s friend, a rather frivolous and unrestrained person. She doesn’t have much of a fondness for him, but it seems his mind is a bit sharper than Gavyn’s, as he managed to guess her

true identity.

Since she had already been discovered, there was no point in hiding it anymore. So, Aylin simply chose not to explain further.

The woman’s voice was still as pleasant as ever, but her tone had completely changed, no longer the nervous and cautious flattery she had shown when meeting people three years ago. Aylin’s beautiful face remained calm and composed, as if the fine curtain of raindrops had draped a thin layer of mist over her. Her clear, bright eyes now resembled a deep, ancient well, swirling with emotions that were difficult to decipher.

Waylon couldn’t help but exclaim inwardly, Well, looks like Mr. Delacruz is done for this time.

He was a veteran of the nightclubs, having encountered all sorts of women, at least a basketful. Now, at a glance, it was clear that Aylin had changed dramatically from her past self. The pain and torment she had once endured had transformed her completely.

No, perhaps Aylin has always been like this – calm, resolute, and straightforward.

Originally, Waylon thought Aylin was quite nice, a hundred times better than that girl named Laila.

It was just that his friend had poor taste and couldn’t see the goodness in Aylin.

He wanted to play matchmaker and bring these two people together again.

It seems that someone might not have a chance now

Waylon is emotionally intelligent; he knows that Aylin and Gavyn have some unresolved issues, so he tactfully avoids bringing up that topic.

“No, I’m just here to pay respects to my elders. It’s a coincidence,” Waylon said with a raised

Chapter 76 The Insignificant One

50.22%

eyebrow and a smile. “Ms. Koch… no, I should call you CEO Aylin now. CEO Aylin, coincidences are also fatel How about we take this opportunity to have a meal together? My treat.”

Seeing that Aylin didn’t respond, Waylon tried again, “If you don’t feel like eating, there’s a great art exhibition with a count theme hosted by Mr. Zeller at Madison Square Garden recently, I wonder if I have the chance to invite Ms. Koch to join me for a visit?”

Waylon squinted his peach blossom eyes, smiling with genuine sincerity.

The Koch family’s reputation was well-known, and recently, the Koch Group’s stocks had been steadily rising. If the Kline family could collaborate with the Koch family, it would be nothing but beneficial for them. Waylon couldn’t possibly let such a great opportunity slip away.

However, the more Robert listened, the more his brow furrowed in frustration.

Flirting with Aylin right in front of him, does he think he’s invisible or something?

Robert shielded Aylin behind him, furrowing his brow as he said, “Don’t act like you’re with Aylin. State your name first, and tell us where you’re from.”

“I am New York Kline-”

so familiar

Before Waylon had a chance to introduce himself, Aylin answered for him, “Nothing important,

just an insignificant person.”

Waylon’s eyes widened immediately. In the past, Aylin didn’t interact with them often, but every time she met with these good friends of Gavyn, she was incredibly virtuous and kind. She would bring hangover remedies and desserts, truly a model sister-in-law.

Now they’re actually saying he’s “unimportant”?

“CEO Aylin, we’ve known each other for so long, don’t you think you’re being a bit too heartless?”

Aylin didn’t want to get entangled in further discussions. She turned to Robert and Daniel and said, “I’d like to spend some time alone with my parents. You guys go ahead. Wait for me in the car.”

Robert nodded and then dragged Waylon away. Seeing this, Daniel followed suit. Waylon, unwilling

to accept the situation, waved his hand and said, “No, how can you say it’s not important? We

clearly know each other, Aylin… hey, Aylin…!”

Everyone dispersed, leaving Aylin alone in the vast, quiet space.

She knelt down and gently caressed the photos of her parents on the tombstone, looking at them over and over again, wiping them repeatedly until her fingertips began to tremble.

“Dad and Mom, are you doing well over there?

Don’t worry about me, I can take good care of myself now, so you can rest assured.

Chapter 76 The Insignificant One

50.44%

day for your daughter. I’m currently gathering evidence. Those

you, wellli muathe sure each and every one of them pays the price for their

Every sitter the regatatand her zuenaory, there have been so many things to deal with. The cruise ship

spansion, Extra’s downg onfen she met a chuld, and her parents’ sudden car accident during her onesia – all these karuderns and deals were somehow.connected to Hanson!

Niew all that’s and is solidi ensdience to vend her enemies straight to hell!

Agim kowered her eyes, and suddenly a tall figure appeared on the ground.

With a turn of her head, the man’s bank the eyes, full of danger, were fixed on her without

Sinking