63

Chapter 63 I Am Afraid of Fire

Aylin saw that Gavyn’s anger didn’t seem fake, and suddenly, a ridiculous idea formed in her mind.

Could it be that the gift she lost that day was Overview of the Sea.

No way…

Aylin thought of the box she had thrown into the trash, and her momentum suddenly diminished.

She avoided Gavyn’s gaze.

Seeing her suddenly fall silent, Gavyn’s eyebrows furrowed even more intensely, “Not talking? Feeling guilty?”

Aylin continued to remain silent.

Gavyn stared at the evasive gaze of the woman in front of him, and suddenly thought of something. His face instantly turned extremely unpleasant.

“Aylin, you’re not going to throw it away, are you?”

Aylin was rendered speechless.

Gavyn felt that the situation was getting out of hand, so furious that it seemed like his heart, liver, and lungs were about to explode. His handsome face was tightly strained as he furrowed his brows, looking into Aylin’s eyes that were filled with a raging storm.

“You really know how to take private revenge, don’t you!”

In the middle of Gavyn’s conversation, suddenly, something caught his eye in his peripheral vision,

and his expression changed.

“Please forgive me, could you help me out?”

A waiter was just turning a corner when it seemed like he slipped. In his hands, he was carrying an entire tray of decorative scented candles, their dazzling flames threatening to engulf Gavyn’s suit!

The waiter had already lost all hope!

The man in front of him was wearing an expensive suit, exuding an air of extraordinary elegance. If he were to burn this plate of candles on the man, would his life be extinguished as well?

The waiter had already closed his eyes, prepared for the worst, when suddenly a figure flashed before him, steadying the tray in his hands.

“Be careful!”

Aylin’s pleasant voice brought the waiter back to his senses. He saw the tray that had been securely caught and felt a lingering fear. Apologizing repeatedly, he lowered his head and said, “I’m so

Chapter 6310m Afraid of 19

sorry, sit and miss. It’s all my fault. Are you both alright?”

Aylin waved her hand to let the waiter go first.

“Gavyn, I never thought you’d still be so afraid of fire,” Aylin said with a hint of mockery in her eyes, as a smirk tugged at the corner of her mouth.

Gavyn suddenly snapped back to reality, his face still looking terrible. The burning pain from the fire was so vivid, and the memories from just a moment ago were etched deeply in his mind. Even though he had great self-control, his expression was still somewhat dazed.

“How did you know I’m afraid of fire?”

He had been afraid of fire since he was a child. It was during that time that he met Laila. She risked her life to save him from the blazing inferno.

How did Aylin find out?

Gavyn’s cold gaze seemed as if he wanted to see right through Aylin

How did she know?

Upon hearing this question, a few traces of self-mockery flashed through Aylin’s mind.

Indeed, when she had saved him, he was unconscious, so how could he possibly know it was her? The Aylin of the past might have answered, but now she felt that there was no need for Gavyn to

know about this matter

Aylin’s expression was indifferent as she casually said, “I’m not blind, you know. You never let anyone light candles on your birthday, and your face turns pale whenever you see news about fires. Isn’t that obvious enough?”

There’s nothing to blame in this statement. When people spend day and night together, it’s natural for them to unconsciously reveal many of their habits and details.

Gavyn’s doubts about the matter were temporarily dispelled, but his anger had not completely subsided. Aylin still remembered the good deeds Haleigh had done and the sarcastic remarks

directed at him.

He smoothed out the wrinkles on his cuff caused by the collision, and finally glanced at Aylin. “In any case, I’ve already delivered the painting to the Koch Group, and the penalty has been paid. If you come to trouble my mother again because of this, I won’t let you off easily. And also…”

After a pause, he continued, “Previously, considering the friendship between the Delacruz Group

and the Koch Group, I was willing to cooperate with the Koch Group and showed my sincerity. But

now, I am very disappointed in Ms. Koch. Please pass on the message that the friendship between

the Delacruz family and the Koch family ends here, and any future cooperation is off the table!”

10’s heat if he decent or the daughter at the Koch family in the future!

With a dark pomatum, Gavyn tummed omul and let

Avim immediately turned her head away and left.

It was baffling Whooooded lite alleappointment? she had never even considered working together. if anything, she wished she could avoid seading Gavin’s face forever!

The thought of Overview of the New lying in the trad can was still a bit unbelievable to her. That painting was not cheap, and it was hard to imagine someone with a normal mind giving a stranger a

gift worth eight figures.

Would Gavyn really be that kind hearted?

She decided to go back and take a look.

Indeed, it really did save her the trouble,

At this moment, Aylin’s mood had calmed down, wille Laila was feeling much more anxious than

her.

“What did you say? Gavyn went to see Aylin?”

She held the phone, furious and frustrated, while the person on the other end respectfully replied, “Yes, Ms. Marsh, I saw it with my own eyes, it’s absolutely true.”

Laila slammed the phone down with a thudding sound.

She had thought that after Gavyn and Aylin divorced, Gavyn would treat her a little better. However, to her surprise, Gavyn remained the same as before. Last time, after accompanying her to try on wedding dresses, he didn’t even stay for dinner.

She comforted herself, thinking that it was inevitable for Gavyn to be busy with work. She believed that they could still cultivate their feelings after getting married. However, she didn’t expect that he would sk*p having dinner with her to meet Aylin instead!

That woman who has already divorced him!

It’s truly shameless, even though she’s his ex-wife, she still clings to someone else’s fiancé! Every time Laila thought about Gavyn’s recent strange behavior, a tremendous sense of unease swept over her entire body. She tightly gripped the hem of her clothes, unable to calm down.

No, no! Her wedding must be held perfectly, and it cannot be affected by anyone or anything!

After some thought, Laila hurriedly changed her clothes and went out.