122

Chapter 122 Scolding Gavyn Without Hesitation

Everyone present knew Aylin, but their impression of her was still that of a superficial, materialistic country bumpkin with no real skills or talent.

This move left them completely stunned. Haleigh’s eyes widened in shock, almost as if they were

about to fall out of their sockets. Carmen, on the other hand, couldn’t close her jaw as she stared at the globally limited edition designer clothes and luxury cars.

Without hesitation, Aylin got out of the car and rushed towards Steve!

“What are you doing? You’re not allowed to go there!”

Carmen screamed in terror, but with a casual flick of her hand, Aylin easily knocked her to the

ground. Her cold expression and imposing aura made her seem as if she stood at an impressive

height of 5’9.

“Move aside!”

Carmen was frantic, fearing that Steye would turn around and jump off the cliff. “You wretch! If

anything happens to my grandfather, I’ll kill you!”

It doesn’t matter if this country bumpkin Aylin dies, but if she causes Grandpa’s death, she must

pay with her life!

Surprisingly, the scene she had envisioned did not occur.

Upon seeing Aylin approaching, Steve hurriedly walked back with a smile on his face, completely different from his previous demeanor, “Aylin, my girl!”

Aylin quickly stepped forward and held Steve’s hand. The two looked at each other and smiled, as if

they were close like a grandfather and grandchild!

Silence filled the air

Wasn’t it just a moment ago that you absolutely refused to come down?

Carmen stared in amazement.

Steve’s eyes crinkled with laughter as he held Aylin’s hand, seemingly a completely different person from the old man who had just been furious moments ago.

“Ah, Aylin, you don’t need to come over and help me. Just say the word, and I’ll come down on my own. It’s so dangerous here!”

So, he knew this place was dangerous too!

“I received the news, and it altnost scared me breathless.”

Aylin pretended to be angry, but she was genuinely worried. She scolded Steve with a stern face while poking his arm, “You can’t do this again next time. The mountains here are high and dangerous. What if you slip? You’re not young anymore, yet you still treat your body like a joke, huh?”

“Alright, fine, Grandpa agrees with you then.”

Steve nodded repeatedly with a smile on his face, looking just like an obedient old child!

Haleigh was left speechless.

Carmen was also at a loss for words.

They had all tried their best to persuade him, almost to the point of exhaustion, but Steve remained determined to take his own life. Yet, as soon as Aylin arrived, his face lit up with a warm smile!

“It’s alright, it’s alright.” Alfred let out a long sigh of relief, as he only cared about Steve’s safety.

Gavyn watched as his own attempts to comfort and persuade Steve to come down were unsuccessful, yet Aylin easily managed to do so. He couldn’t quite describe the feeling in his heart.

Steve would rather die than let him marry Laila, but he was extremely fond of Aylin. After all this

time, she was still the only one he wanted as his granddaughter-in-law.

Could it be… that he was really wrong?

“Grandpa, you’re not afraid of heights, are you? Do you feel uncomfortable standing there?” Aylin

asked in detail.

Steve, with hands on his hips, said, “I’m not that weak! I didn’t even dare to look down! I’m fine!”

Silence filled the air

Wow, you really are amazing!

After confirming that Steve was unharmed, Aylin turned her gaze towards Gavyn, her eyes gradually growing colder.

At this moment, Aylin’s mind was filled with thoughts of Steve. Even if they hadn’t spent day and night together, from an outsider’s perspective, she was extremely dissatisfied.

Glaring at Gavyn, her eyebrows furrowed in anger, she said, “How could you take care of the old man like this, leaving him in such a dangerous place? You knew he’s been in a bad mood lately. Why didn’t you follow him or have someone keep an eye on him?”

“He’s your own grandfather, do you need someone else to teach you that? If he really fell from such a high place, what would you do?”

The criticism was utterly blunt, not leaving any room for saving face!

This unexpected event caught everyone off guard, leaving them with no time to prepare. Gavyn had rushed over as soon as he received the news, only to be accused by Aylin.

Gavyn’s face suddenly darkened.

Haleigh couldn’t control her emotions anymore. She no longer acknowledged Laila as her daughter-in-law, but that didn’t stop her from still hating Aylin. “Who do you think you are! Just because you can make Old Mr. Delacruz happy doesn’t mean you’re something special. It’s your duty to take care of him! What gives you the right to scold my son and boss him around?”

With a cold glance from Aylin, Haleigh shuddered involuntarily.

After snapping back to reality, I was extremely annoyed.

In the past, Aylin had always kept a low profile in the Delacruz family, never daring to look at them with such disrespect!

Sure enough, she’s a despicable person, revealing her true colors as soon as she gains power! Haleigh thought angrily, unwilling to show weakness and wanting to glare back.

Aylin sneered coldly, “I haven’t even scolded you yet. As an elder and a relative, is this how you show your filial piety to the old man? By choosing a mistress to be his ‘good daughter-in-law’? I don’t know whether to say it’s fate or to say that you’re blind and heartless!”

Having that embarrassing past brought up in front of her, Haleigh felt both humiliated and furious,

her facial features almost contorted!

Aylin’s words were impeccable, leaving her at a loss for a rebuttal. Frustrated to the point of feeling like she was going to cough up blood, she exclaimed, “You! How dare you!”

Aylin didn’t want to get entangled with this crazy woman any longer. She helped Steve up and whispered softly, “Grandpa, let’s go.”