105

Chapter 105 You Have a Choice

At this moment, Haleigh and Carmen walked over together, each supporting Laila from one side. Haleigh looked at them with a beaming smile, extremely satisfied.

“Ah, my son and Laila are such a perfect match. Alright, you two should stop chatting for now. Laila, the wedding ceremony won’t officially start until an hour later. Why don’t you come with us. and take a break in the back?”

Carmen nodded and chimed in, “Yeah, you have no idea. Mom and I got up early in the morning to prepare for you and my brother’s wedding. It just shows how much she loves you!”

Laila smiled radiantly as she discreetly glanced at the handsome man beside her. With a shy and gentle voice, she said, “Thank you, Mom and sister, for worrying about me.”

“Ah, my dear daughter-in-law, come, let’s go and rest with mom for a while.”.

Hearing her title change, Haleigh was extremely pleased. She warmly wrapped her arm around Laila, and together with Carmen, they headed affectionately towards the backstage.

Gavyn’s thoughts were interrupted, and his eyes darkened slightly.

He forced himself not to think about Aylin and turned to wait on the other side. Suddenly, Alfred

walked over and blocked his way.

“Young Master,” Alfred respectfully bowed his head.

Gavyn paused for a moment, his gaze unfocused as he stared at a point in the distance. His voice was deep as he asked, “Grandpa didn’t come, did he?”

“No.”

Alfred lowered his head slightly, “Old Mr. Delacruz asked me to tell you that he only acknowledges Ms. Koch as his granddaughter-in-law. He said you’ve been bewitched by Ms. Marsh and are stubbornly refusing to see reason. Today is the final ultimatum. If you are determined to marry Ms. Marsh, then…”

“Then?”

“Old Mr. Delacruz said that if that’s the case, Mr. Delacruz should no longer consider him his

grandfather.”

After Alfred finished speaking, he hurriedly looked at Gavyn’s face and found that it had indeed become much more unpleasant. He felt both uneasy and sighed in his heart.

It’s such a great grandfather-grandson relationship, but is it really worth it to have it ruined to this extent because of a woman?

Gavyn’s face was tense, suppressing his hidden anger.

He knew that Steve had always been prejudiced against Laila and had anticipated that he would do everything in his power to obstruct their relationship. However, he never expected Steve to be so ruthless with his words.

But Laila was his lifesaver, and the promises he made to her were equally impossible to break.

Gavyn pursed his lips, and a cold glint appeared in his phoenix eyes. “I’ve already promised Laila that I would marry her, and the wedding is about to take place. I can’t, and I won’t let her down. I believe time will prove that Laila is a good girl, and grandfather will accept her.”

Having said that, he walked around Alfred and went on his way.

Alfred shook his head with a helpless expression on his face. After all, he had watched Gavyn grow up and genuinely wished for him to have a good life.

Unfortunately, it had turned out otherwise.

That girl Laila was excessively concerned with worldly affairs. These elderly people could see it at a glance, yet the young master was completely smitten by her.

I just hope that when something goes wrong later, Gavyn won’t get too upset.

Alfred sighed silently, recalling Steve’s words before he left.

“I originally intended to save some face for that woman, but if that little brat insists on going his

own way, then don’t blame this old man for not giving him any respect! As for this wedding, there’s no way I’ll let it end smoothly!”

Mr. Delacruz, I’m sorry.