61

Chapter 61 Hidden Identity Exposed a

To Aylin’s surprise, Benjamin suddenly blurted out such a statement.

If Benjamin were to expose her identity at this moment, all her previous efforts to conceal it would

be in vain.

Aylin quickly gave Suzanne a meaningful glance.

In the blink of an eye, Suzanne, relying on the tacit inderstanding built over many years, deciphered her bestie’s cry for help!

Benjamin spoke softly, “Mr. Delacruz, the person beside you is from the Koch Group…”

Gavyn was all ears, eager to find out what kind of background this woman had, and how she managed to transform herself so completely before and after her divorce.

Cough! Cough! Cough!

Suzanne covered her throat, coughing earth-shatteringly.

Benjamin’s words were cut off, and he glared at his granddaughter with dissatisfaction.

Suzanne cleared her throat and smiled at Benjamin, “Ahem, ahem… My throat suddenly feels a bit uncomfortable. Grandpa, Aylin is my friend, let me introduce her.”

She looked at Gavyn and said seriously, “Mr. Delacruz, the person beside you is an employee of the

Koch Group!”

Upon hearing this, Aylin breathed a sigh of relief.

My bestie understands me!

Gavyn frowned, “Employee?”

While Aylin was still at the Delacruz’s home, she had no special skills and spent her time either. doing housework or revolving around him. Yet, such a person was able to gain recognition in the Koch Group. What on earth was the daughter of the Koch family thinking?

Aylin noticed Gavyn looking at her, she raised her eyebrows and casually brushed her bangs to the

side, appearing calm and composed.

“Of course. I am Ms. Koch’s assistant, which means I am an employee of the Koch Group. Mr.

Delacruz, didn’t you already know that last time?”

There’s no issue with what she said. In a sense, both the CEO and the assistant are “employees” of

the company, serving the entire Koch Group.

Suzanne chuckled and, with a smile, put her arm around Aylin. She said, “That’s right, Mr.

Delacruz. Aylin is very dedicated to her work, completing tasks quickly and efficiently. Her boss appreciates her so much that he introduced her to me. And now, I’m introducing her to you!”

Singing in harmony, their collaboration was incredibly skillful.

Gavyn didn’t believe their one-sided story, so he turned to Benjamin and gently asked, “Old Mr. Bennett, what were you originally going to say?”

Suzanne kept winking at Benjamin from behind.

The unspoken understanding between grandparents and grandchildren is not to be

underestimated.

Young people always love to play some strange tricks. Many years ago, Suzanne didn’t want to reveal her identity as a young lady from a wealthy fainily. When she brought her classmates home, she would tell them that she was the daughter of the housekeeper and was just staying at the

Bennett residence temporarily.

At that time, Benjamin also happily went along with her.

Why bother being so serious with a child?

Benjamin understood and smiled, saying, “That’s all there is to it. My granddaughter is quite

talkative and has already said everything in one breath. Please don’t take offense.”

“I won’t.”

Benjamin explained it in such a way that even if Gavyn still had doubts, he couldn’t continue to dig

deeper and ask more questions, as it would be too impolite.

It’s just that.

How could a vulgar, materialistic woman possibly win Benjamin’s favor?

He couldn’t believe it!

Gavyn concealed the emotions in his eyes and continued to talk with his usual composure.

Benjamin seemed to really like Gavyn. They chatted about his family life for a while, then discussed business matters, with Benjamin’s eyes full of approval.

Indeed, Gavyn may be an unqualified husband, but as a superior, he is irreplaceable and perfect.

“You’re talking about that piece of land in the suburbs? At that time, I bought it with a 5 percent profit margin and sold it with a 25 percent profit margin.

If you’re interested, we can collaborate on developing the land in the western suburbs. The soil there is moist, making it suitable for constructing a botanical garden. With a complete set of leisure facilities, the development should be quite promising.”

Gavyn spoke very calmly, without a hint of showing off.

Benjamin couldn’t help but exclaim in admiration after hearing just a few words. It wasn’t only Benjamin; there were quite a few people around who came to toast Clavyn, and their conversations were filled with subtle attempts to flatter him.

Aylin witnessed their entire conversation.

To be honest, Gavyn possesses exceptional social skills and self-management abilities.

At a young age, Gavyn had already established his reputation in the company. He knew that being too tough could create enemies, while being too weak would invite bullying. Even though Aylin didn’t want to admit it, she couldn’t deny that Gavyn was an incredibly successful businessman.

The man she once loved was indeed exceptional,

However… that’s all in the past now.

Now that she’s divorced, she won’t have any lingering, attachment to Gavyn, won’t be heartbroken because of him, and won’t change herself for him my way!

As she was lost in thought, she inadvertently looked up and found herself meeting Gavyn’s gaze!