144

Chapter 144 Love and Affection Through Violence

Waylon was speechless.

It hurts, you know!

“There’s no comparison; I have so many more advantages!”

Waylon gently lifted a strand of Aylin’s long hair, the silky black tresses running through his fingers. He blinked his charming, peach blossom eyes and flashed her an ambiguous smile.

“Not to brag, but Gavyn works overtime late into the night every day, which is definitely not good for his health. As for me, it’s a different story I’m absolutely stronger than him.

If you don’t believe me, you can try it out for yourself – satisfaction guaranteed!”

Waylon deliberately pronounced the word “experiment” with an ambiguous tone, and he chuckled lightly, exuding an intriguing charm that was hard to describe.

Unfortunately, Aylin didn’t fall for this trick.

Her almond-shaped eyes narrowed, and she swiftly threw a punch at Waylon’s collarbone!

“Ouch!”

Aylin glanced at him coldly, straightening her hair, “I see that neither of you two are any good. If you dare to lay a hand on me again, be careful, or I’ll make sure you leave with one less leg!”

Waylon’s lower body tightened, and he took a pitiful, sharp breath.

Is it scientifically accurate for a girl to have such great strength?

In the end, even the annoyance of a beautiful person is pleasing to the eye. Waylon quickly regained his smile and said, “A beating means affection, and a scolding means love. Ms. Koch must have me in her heart since she’s been so hard on me!”

He rubbed his shoulders cheerfully, finding Aylin’s angry expression quite adorable.

With a slight frown, her emotions fluctuated, and the fluttering crow feathers only accentuated the watery glimmer in her eyes. Gone was the previous coldness, replaced by a vivid and charming liveliness.

It’s a heart-throb!

Aylin glanced at him, quite speechless.

This glance struck Waylon’s heart once again. Just look at her, such a vibrant and gorgeous beauty, yet Gavyn could bear to neglect her. Is he even human?

Since Gavyn was being wasteful, hehe, don’t blame him for cherishing and appreciating beauty!

At the Koch’s home, the atmosphere was lively and bustling. However, Gavyn was alone in an empty room, his thoughts a tangled mess.

He sat on the bed, his head bowed, lost in thought. Unconsciously, his hand caressed the small, exquisitely crafted protection charm in his pocket.

The phone rang again, and Gavyn glanced at the caller ID without rejecting the call.

On the other end of the phone, Lloyd spoke respectfully, “Mr. Delacruz, I’ve found out about the Old Mr. Kline matter you asked me to look into.”

Gavyn’s brow furrowed slightly as he said, “Speak.”

“That’s right, a few days ago, Old Mr. Kline and Mr. Kline went to Deli Restaurant for a meal, and somehow, Ms. Koch and Mr. Robert were also there. Old Mr Kline had a sudden heart attack in the private room and almost didn’t make it. I asked the Deli Restaurant waiter on duty that day, and they said that before the ambulance arrived, it was Ms. Koch who performed CPR on Old Mr. Kline.”

“Does she know CPR?”

Gavyn’s dark eyes flashed with a hint of seriousness. No wonder Waylon had said that Aylin had been kind to their family; it turned out that every word was true. “Have you seen her save someone

before?”

Lloyd was also quite astonished, “No, this is the first time Ms. Koch has saved someone since your divorce. She has never shown this side of her before…”

When Aylin was at the Delacruz’s home, she was the epitome of a housewife, doing laundry, cooking, and taking care of others. She didn’t have any time to study medicine.

Moreover, studying medicine is not just an ordinary hobby.

Without professional systematic learning or hands-on experience, it’s impossible to stay calm and

demonstrate it in a chaotic situation!

Gavyn frowned, his expression dark and hard to read, “I understand.”

After hanging up the phone, Gavyn rubbed his temples and leaned back in his chair. His handsome. face was hidden in the play of light and shadow, tense and taut.

He didn’t know what had come over him.

Even though he didn’t like Aylin, why did she always have such an impact on his emotions?

It was unclear what she had hidden from him, and he didn’t even feel like working!

Unconsciously, the man opened his notebook and rapidly typed line after line of code.

At this very moment, even Gavyn himself didn’t realize that ever since their divorce, he had never

truly let go of his obsession with his ex-wife.

Gavyn was quick, but Hugo’s reaction was even quicker.

Almost at the same time, Hugo noticed someone attempting to breach the company’s system. Fearing that it might be a business rival trying to steal confidential information, he immediately. activated the defense mechanisms and then called Aylin.

Waylon was just about to say something to win Aylin’s favor when suddenly a phone call came in, interrupting the moment. However, he didn’t want to complain, and watched as Aylin picked up her phone.

“What’s the matter?”

Hugo’s voice was tense, “Ms. Koch, we just discovered that someone is trying to break into our company’s system. It seems like hackers are attacking us. The entire tech department is fighting back, but they won’t be able to hold on much longer.”

Aylin’s expression suddenly changed!

“How long has it been?”

“Two minutes ago.”

It seems that this person has quite the background, being able to bring down the Koch Group’s technical department so quickly. They’re definitely up to no good.

Aylin’s face was cold as numerous possibilities flashed through her mind. “I understand,” she said. “You have them take care of security, and leave the rest to me.”

Waylon was close by, so he could hear their conversation loud and clear.

A hacker’s attempt on a company’s system is no small matter. Logically, at this point, it’s crucial to quickly seek out familiar, reputable professionals to handle the situation.

Seeing Aylin’s calm demeanor, it was as if her assistant wasn’t just reporting an emergency situation to her, but rather discussing what to have for lunch.

“Do

you want me to introduce you to an expert?” Waylon thought this was a great opportunity to show off his abilities and make Aylin owe him a favor, which could lead to more interactions in the

future.

“I know a hacker, and they’re quite impressive…”

Before Waylon could finish his last word, he was stunned by the scene before him.