142

Chapter 142 First Step Is to Shop
A tall man, about six feet in height, leaned down close to petite Aylin, who remained silent and
bowed without straightening up
Aylin laughed.
These two were indeed grateful and wanted to repay the kindness, but they were a bit exaggerated. She faintly curved her lips and said, “Alright, get up. It’s all in the past now.
She’s not a person who fusses over trivial matters.
As long as they respect her, she will treat them kindly.
“Thank you, Ms. Koch!”
After receiving permission, Harold finally straightened his back. He opened the gift box, and inside was a pair of crystal-clear emerald bracelets!
“Ms. Koch, this is a thank you gift from our dear Old Mr. Kline.”
The housekeepers present were all dumbfounded!
This is a top-quality Rockfeller emerald bracelet, with crystal clear transparency and a warm, smooth touch. There is not a single impurity to be found on the bracelet
Abracelet like this would be worth a fortune in New York. The last time an emerald bracelet of the same caliber was auctioned, it fetched a seven-figure price. And Wesley actually gifted a pair of
them!
Even Robert couldn’t help but exclaim, “This is way too valuable.”
In his heart, Aylin deserved all the good things in the world.
It’s just that this emerald bracelet is quite substantial, and Wesley wants Aylin to be his daughter-in-law. Who knows, this pair of bracelets might be their family heirloom!
It would be hard to explain if it’s accepted.
“Aylin…”
Aylin’s expression remained calm, “I just happened to be there to save someone at that time. Old Mr. Kline doesn’t need to go to such lengths. This gift is a bit too valuable.”
“It’s not too much, Ms. Koch saved Old Mr. Kline’s life. Old Mr. Kline said that nothing is too much to give in return, as nothing is more important than one’s life! Old Mr. Kline also mentioned that if Ms. Koch ever needs anything, she should just ask, and the Kline family will definitely do their best to help her!
Old Mr. Kline also said that if Ms. Koch doesn’t accept this bracelet, he’ll personally come over to deliver it to you.”
Wesley is still recovering from his illness, so it’s not good to let the elderly tire themselves out with running around.
“Let him have a good rest.”
Aylin gave the housekeeper a knowing look, asking him to accept the gesture graciously. “Please convey my thanks to Old Mr. Kline for his generous gift. I’ll gladly accept this bracelet for now.”
“Just accept it, you deserve it. If you don’t take it, not to mention my grandpa, I won’t be able to sleep well when I go back!”
Waylon stepped forward to dismiss Harold, his handsome face drawing near with a smile, “May 1
sit down and rest for a while?”
Waylon may appear to be frivolous and irresponsible, but in reality, he knows how to behave. appropriately in someone else’s home. It’s just that his way of expressing gratitude can be a bit
exaggerated.
Upon seeing his gratitude and desire to repay the kindness, Aylin’s previous resistance towards
him had also dissipated quite a bit.
“Please, have a seat.”
Waylon, hearing the sound, sat on the couch with a grin. He thought to himself that last time Gavyn didn’t get in, but he did, so his mood couldn’t be more delightful.
“It’s been a few days since we last met, Ms. Koch. You look even more beautiful now, especially with today’s earrings. The pure blue really suits you.”
From the moment he entered, Waylon’s gaze never left Aylin. The exquisite blue and white porcelain-patterned haute couture dress she wore accentuated her graceful figure.
Her raven hair cascaded like a waterfall, her skin as white as snow, and her lips as red as cherries.
Paired with matching earrings, she was a breathtaking vision of beauty.
Waylon’s heart raced with excitement as he watched.
Aylin had heard plenty of generic compliments during the weekdays, but it was rare to find a man
like Waylon who paid attention to the details of her accessories.
She smiled faintly and said, “I just bought it casually.”
“So, what do you think of the gift I gave you? Do you still like it?”
Waylon casually picked up a sapphire necklace, “I saw this necklace at the counter the other day, and I thought it really suited your temperament.”
Get Boros
Waylon is a veteran in the world of romance, skilled at winning the hearts of young ladies. Naturally, the gifts he gives are always pleasing and satisfying.
Aylin took it and nodded, “Not bad taste.”
Hearing Aylin’s approval, Waylon couldn’t be happier. “I’m glad you like it. The moment I saw it, I knew it would look especially beautiful on you.”
“Aylin is naturally beautiful, so of course she looks good in anything she wears.”
Robert couldn’t stand his flattery and coldly interrupted.
No matter how he looked at the young man, Robert just couldn’t bring himself to like him. Although Waylon had dropped the playful grin he had when they first met, the image of him as a spoiled rich kid had already taken root in Robert’s mind. Whatever Waylon said, it just didn’t sit well with
Robert.
It’s just the sugar-coated bullets and sweet talk of a rich kid!
“Don’t think you can win Aylin’s heart just by giving her some gifts, it’s impossible!” Robert crossed his arms and stood up, looking coldly at Waylon. “Aylin is the pride and joy of our family. These things you brought aren’t even worth displaying. I suggest you put away those crooked thoughts.”
Although he didn’t like Waylon, he didn’t want to interfere with Aylin’s personal feelings. In the end, he advised Aylin, “Be careful, I’m going upstairs first.”
After finishing speaking, Robert went to the second floor.
Aylin raised her eyebrows, staring at Waylon: “Go on, what’s your cun ning plan?”
Waylon grinned, leaning in slightly closer. His beautiful, bright peach blossom eyes sparkled innocently as he said, “What ulterior motives could I possibly have? I just want to be friends with you, that’s not too much to ask, is it?”