77

Chapter 77 Seeking an Explanation from Her

As Gavyn approached the cemetery, he spotted a familiar figure kneeling in the distance, Blender and delicate, with an elegant and refined appearance If it wasn’t Aylin, then who could it be?

Upon getting closer, one can discover that the names engraved on the tombstone are none other than Timothy and Nina, who were once part of the Koch Group.

Isn’t Aylin the assistant of the Koch family’s daughter?

Do assistants need to visit their parents?

Recalling all that had happened before, Gavyn’s eyes were dark and gloomy, like a dissecting microscope filled with scrutiny, as if he wanted to see right through the woman before him.

Aylin’s heart sk*pped a beat.

Gavyn, how did he end up here?

The man standing before me was strikingly handsome, dressed in an expensive suit. He exuded an air of indifference and nobility, not at all dressed for a visit to the cemetery, but rather as if he were off to negotiate high-end business deals.

Aylin didn’t like the way he looked at her, nor did she think he was there for her sake. She felt that being around him for too long made the air feel stagnant and stifling.

Aylin just gave a casual glance and turned away to leave.

Pretending not to know?

Gavyn, who was already filled with anger when he rushed to the cemetery, was now being ignored, which instantly made him even more furious.

He forcefully grabbed Aylin’s arm, compelling her to stop in her tracks. “Would just an assistant visit the Koch family parents’ graves? What exactly is your relationship with the Koch family?”

Just now, he had walked all the way here and saw everything clearly; there was no one around except for Aylin. Even if she was a valued employee of the Koch family’s daughter, she was still someone’s child. How could the daughter of the Koch family entrust the task of commemorating her parents to an assistant, and even display such disrespect as to not personally visit the cemetery?

After her divorce, Aylin seemed like a completely different person. She suddenly became proficient in dancing, developed an interest in painting, and her manners and conversation even managed to

win Benjamin’s favor.

No matter what, it just seems too suspicious!

Aylin had just finished sharing her inner thoughts with her parents, bringing up old issues, and her

Chapter 77 Seeking an Explanation from Her

50.88%

mood was far from good.

Seeing Gavyn persistently bringing up this issue, irritation welled up inside, and with a wave of the hand, the response came, “What’s it to you? We’ve long since agreed to not interfere with each other’s lives. Just stay away from me.”

After speaking, the man ignored the sharp, almost predatory gaze from behind him and turned to Heave. He took two steps, but hesitated on the stairs, as if remembering something, and turned back around.

“By the way, there’s something I need to tell Mr. Delacruz.”

Aylin slightly lifted her chin, her gaze polite yet distant. “We have received the Overview of the Sea and Ms. Koch has verified its authenticity. Ms. Koch would like to thank Mr. Delacruz for the gift, but she believes that cooperation is not necessary. If there is anything you want or any business connections you need, feel free to ask, as long as the Koch Group can help. Ms. Koch is not one to take advantage of others.”

She crossed her arms and looked at Gavyn with a cold gaze, repeatedly mentioning “our Ms. Koch,” as if she was taking advantage of the situation to give orders. She truly resembled a haughty CEO’s

assistant.

“The Delacruz Group isn’t lacking money or connections!” Gavyn snorted in annoyance.

“Then there’s no problem, Mr. Delacruz. Please feel free to do as you wish.”

After finishing speaking, Aylin stepped down and walked towards the door. Gavyn watched the woman’s cold figure, his furrowed brows growing tighter. The lingering doubts that had been with him all along refused to leave his mind.

Unable to hold back any longer, he stepped forward and blocked Aylin’s path once more. “Don’t you think you’ve been keeping a lot of secrets from me?

Why is this so annoying? Aylin, displeased at being stopped, turns her head impatiently.

She didn’t say a word, just gazed at Gavyn. As their eyes met, sparks flew, filled with curiosity and

exploration.

Gavyn gritted his teeth and whispered, “The old Aylin could only do laundry and cook. When did you learn to draft divorce agreements and dance? You can even critique a master’s paintings and please someone like Old Mr. Bennett. How come I didn’t know you had such skills?

And what about your gentle and virtuous behavior over the past three years? You said you would treat my mother as your own for my sake. Is this how you show your virtue, by hitting someone

you’ve called ‘Mother’?”

The more he spoke, the angrier Gavyn became. Grinding his teeth in resentment, he accused, “All of this is just an act, isn’t it, Aylin? When you’re facing me, it’s all just a facade! Using your best

Chapter 77 Seeking an Explanation from Her

51.11%

Gm Borus

tricks, deceiving others with your disguise to achieve your goals, without any scruples?”

Aylin took a deep breath, seemingly trying to restrain herself, as she stared intently at Gavyn and sneered, “So, what are you trying to say?”

Gavyn grabbed her shoulders, his voice rising involuntarily, “What gives you the right to be so confident? You owe me an explanation!”