150

Chapter 150 How Lucky?

Gavyn frowned without hesitation and said, “No way.”

The two cold words struck Laila’s heart, tearing her hopes to shreds.

Laila, panting with excitement, had a look of sorrow on her pretty face. “Why? I just want to be by your side, is that not allowed?”

In just a few seconds, Gavyn made a decision. He looked down at Laila without any personal

emotions, simply analyzing the situation with a calm demeanor.

“The wedding incident has caused quite a stir in town, and as a secretary, you represent the company’s image. It’s impossible for you to represent the company at various events at this critical

moment.”

In other words, if she messes up and embarrasses herself, the Delacruz Group won’t cover for her!

Laila’s face turned pale: “Well, can I at least have a title? I don’t need to go to the office; just having the name of a secretary would be enough!”

“Gavyn, I’ve lost everything. My parents have disowned me, and I’ve lost my job and career. I really need this job…”

– Frowning, Gavyn said, “I can give you money.”

What Laila truly desires is not money, but to find ways to deepen her entanglement with Gavyn!

“Gavyn, it seems you really do despise me.”

Laila gave a bitter smile, and in the next second, she suddenly picked up a piece of broken glass from the ground and fiercely stabbed it into her own wrist again!!

Gavyn quickly grabbed her and scolded, “Are you crazy?”

Laila’s hair was a mess, and her laughter was desolate. “Gavyn, I’ve told you, I have nothing left. If I can’t even stay by your side, then there’s no point in living!”

“Please let me go, Gavyn. Maybe I shouldn’t have taken that path in the first place. That way, I wouldn’t have saved you, and we would never have met.”

The bathroom light cast a ghastly pallor on the woman’s face.

Gavyn’s jaw tightened, his handsome face clouded with gloom.

At this moment, Laila seemed so unfamiliar. Although her appearance was still as beautiful and delicate as ever, even more pitiful than before, it was this very change that made Gavyn feel a bone-chilling coldness.

Get Bonus

It was as if they had become a completely different person.

Gavyn pursed his lips for a moment before speaking indifferently, “Considering that you once saved me, I’ll offer you a position as an honorary secretary.”

As the name suggests, it’s just a nominal position with a salary, and there’s no need to show up.

‘Anything is fine, I’m not picky!”

Upon receiving a satisfactory answer, Laila finally let out a genuine smile. However, due to her intense struggle, the wound on her wrist bled even more, staining the bathtub with large patches of

red.

“As long as I can stay by your side, that’s all that matters…”

After Laila finished her last sentence with a barely audible whisper, she finally succumbed to exhaustion. With a thud, she collapsed to the ground, her face completely drained of color.