151

After pondering for a moment, John recalled everything he had seen and heard that day.

“That day, after I finished my work, I happened to see a luxurious Bentley parked in front of the neighbor’s house. Upon closer inspection, I realized it was Mr. Delacruz’s car, so I kept a watchful

eye on it.

After waiting for a while, as expected, I saw Mr. Delacruz and immediately called you.”

Hanson stroked his chin, “How did these two end up together? Did you hear what they were talking about?”

John shook his head, “It was too far away, I couldn’t hear anything. I just saw Mr. Delacruz looking displeased, clearly unhappy. He didn’t stay long before leaving.”

“Unpleasant expression?”

Hanson began to ponder.

If Aylin really got involved with Gavyn from the Delacruz family, the young couple should be inseparable and sweet as honey. So why would Gavyn still have a sour face?

Lexie, who was listening nearby, chimed in, “This doesn’t sound like a couple at all. Also, saw in the news that Mr. Delacruz got married?”

I think I

Hanson thought deeply with a serious expression for a while, and finally slapped his thigh, “Humph, I got it! It must be that little wretch who wanted to hook up with Gavyn, but failed to do so!

Just think about it, the son of the Delacruz family has seen all kinds of women.

Aylin is just average-looking and has a bad temper. Which boss wouldn’t prefer a gentle, considerate, and obedient woman? Who would be attracted to her?”

Upon hearing this, Lexie also felt that it made a lot of sense. “You’re right! That must be what happened! There’s no way someone like Aylin could ever be with the Delacruz family!”

John listened with a puzzled frown on his face.

Based on what he saw that day, it didn’t seem like Aylin was trying to cling to the Delacruz family. If Ms. Koch was really trying to latch onto them, wouldn’t she have come out to see them off?

But that day, it seemed like Ms. Koch never came out at all…

“Mr. Koch…”

Before John had a chance to express his opinion, Hanson’s phone rang, so he tactfully kept quiet.

Upon seeing the caller ID, Hanson exclaimed, “Oh dear!”

Chapter 151 Nearly Driven Insane by Avlin

Lexie was excited too, “It’s Sariah!”

The two of them hurriedly responded, “Sariah, how are you doing over there?”

“Aaah!”

As soon as Sariah connected, she burst into tears, sobbing heart-wrenchingly on the other end, “Dad! I can’t stand this awful place for even one more day! Please find a way to get me back! I feel like I’m dying… I can’t bear it for even one more minute!”

Hanson was extremely anxious, “What’s wrong, Sariah? Who has been bullying you?”

“I was sent to this awful place by Aylin, and this family makes me work every day. She even hired someone specifically to watch me, not allowing anyone to help me!”

Sariah sobbed uncontrollably, gasping for breath between her cries, “During the day, I have to feed, the pigs, chop wood, and cut ragweed. At night, I still have to wash clothes and heat water. My hands have become red, swollen, and covered in sores from cutting ragweed, and I don’t even have any medicine to apply.