92

Chapter 92 The True Doting Sister Maniac

Meanwhile, at the Koch’s home.

Robert’s people were very efficient. In no time, they brought a whole new set of furniture and even provided their own staff, so there was no need to bother the Koch family’s housekeeper.

In the blink of an eye, Letcher’s belongings were swiftly packed up and thrown out.

The sp ac ious foyer was instantly transformed and refreshed.

The ceiling was adorned with a dazzling crystal chandelier that caught the eye.

As the power was switched on, the light refracted by the crystal shone brightly and softly, complementing the crystal’s own brilliance. It was simply a breathtaking sight.

No wonder it’s a brand that specializes in furniture for the upper class Daniel secretly marveled in

his heart.

Robert looked at the fluorescent light emitted by the chandelier, quite satisfied. “Not bad,” he said. “I came in a hurry and didn’t prepare a gift for our meeting. Let’s consider this as compensation.”

“You call that unprepared? The gifts you sent me before have almost filled up my entire wardrobe.”

“Isn’t it easy if there’s not enough space? Just connect the guest room and use it as a cloakroom. My sister, Robert’s wife, can’t be treated unfairly, right?”

Aylin punched Robert and, with a helpless sigh, held her forehead.

“Alright, let’s not waste any more time.”

She glanced up at the vintage-style metal floral patterned wall clock, which already showed half past eleven.

After some thought, Aylin stood up.

“It’s time for lunch, Robert. You’ve come a long way today, so let me prepare a nice meal for you as

a way to welcome and refresh you.”

“Really?”

Upon hearing this, Robert’s eyes lit up and the corners of his mouth lifted high. “I’m in for a treat today, getting to taste Aylin’s homemade cooking! Oh, I’ve been looking forward to this for a long

time!”

The man’s eyes curved into a smile, unable to conceal his delight, and he looked adorably foolish.

No one could possibly associate him with the fierce Robert from the Gardner family who had just been punching a shrew and kicking a rogue.

He had been abroad for three years, and although he had the finest team of chefs preparing delicacies for him, no exotic ingredients could compare to the dishes made by Aylin that he missed

so dearly.

“Of course, that’s only right. Rewarding you… for your meritorious service in protecting your

sister.”

Aylin crossed her arms, looking as if she was offering a reward, and eventually laughed at her own joke. The siblings played around for a while before she waved her hands and said, “Alright, alright, no more playing. Robert, we don’t have any ingredients at home, so if we want to cook, I’ll need to go get some.”

Aylin had experienced so much in the morning that she was quite drained. Robert couldn’t bear to disturb her, so he suppressed his own fatigue and busied himself in the kitchen.

Aylin, it really hurts in the heart.

Robert quickly grabbed Aylin’s hand and sighed, “Never mind, you’re too tired today. Let’s just go out to eat. Just remember to treat me to a big meal next time.”

“Alright…”

Aylin wanted to say something more.

“Let’s settle on this then, I’m really happy that you have such intentions!”

Robert playfully tapped her on the nose and said loudly, “But don’t think you can slack off, because. next time, I’ll be ordering dishes!”

Aylin touched the tip of her nose, deeply moved by her brother’s thoughtfulness and care.

She smiled playfully, “Alright, next time if you want to try some rare delicacies, I can get them for

you.”

The two of them chatted and laughed, changed their clothes, and then got into the car one after the

other.

Driven by Daniel, they arrived at the most famous upscale American cuisine restaurant in New

York.

Deli Restaurant.

Deli Restaurant is renowned for its delicious flavors and is a signature dining establishment in New York, attracting a full house of customers every day.

The doorway is adorned with a plaque framed in gold, showcasing the signboard. The mahogany doors are wide open, and on both sides, long lines have already formed.

Food lovers crowded from the counter all the way to the edge of the street.

Among them, there were no shortage of elegantly dressed upper-class individuals.

A lady dressed in a mink coat complained, “Business being too good can also be a problem for customers. I made a reservation half a month ago, and they still haven’t called my number! Oh dear, my legs are sore from standing, and there isn’t even a chair to sit on.”

Ahead of her, there was a middle-aged man wearing limited edition leather shoes.

Upon hearing this, the man chimed in, “Sure, you can make a reservation, but that’s just a safety net. Even with a reservation, you still have to wait in line. Everyone goes through the same process. Who ever heard of sitting on a bench while waiting in line?”

The elegant lady pursed her lips, gently adjusting the pearl earring on her ear as she sighed.

“Thank goodness Grandpa didn’t come with us, or his legs would’ve given out with all this standing. If it were any other restaurant with such a has sle just to get a meal, I would’ve turned around and left already!”

“Ah, but their food is simply the best in New York, and you can’t even get it if you’re willing to pay. There’s nothing you can do, they’re just that talented. Their bouchee, wow, crispy on the outside, soft on the inside, crunchy without being greasy, just thinking about it makes my mouth water… It’s worth waiting in line no matter how long it takes!”

The middle-aged man looked at the well-dressed woman and said, “You must be new here, right?

this There are actually fewer people today than usual. You have no idea, on the 8th of every month, place is packed with people like a sea of humanity. That’s what you call crowded!”

The noble lady also became interested.

“Oh? Why the 8th? What happened that day?”

The middle-aged man took on a mentoring tone, lowering his voice and said, “You don’t understand, do you? That is…”

Waylon overheard the conversation between the two people.

He chuckled and said cheerfully, “Grandpa, it’s been a while since I’ve been here. I didn’t expect Deli Restaurant to be doing even better than before. Not only are there regular customers, but there are also quite a few new patrons.”

Wesley, who was called upon, chuckled and said, “When you’re living in this world, the only thing you can’t let down is good food. New York is full of wealthy and leisurely people, so naturally, there are many who appreciate fine dining.”