107

Chapter 107 No Care Without Love

Although Aylin was laughing and seemed carefree, in Robert’s eyes, her expression was even worse.

than if she were crying.

Oh no, Aylin is upset!

It’s my fault; I should have let her watch at the climax!

Robert knew that Aylin appeared strong on the outside, but in reality, she had a tender and delicate heart. For a moment, his heart clenched with worry, and he hurriedly said with disdain.

“Aylin, this isn’t about love or not, that Delacruz brat is simply blind and foolish! He has a treasure but doesn’t know how to cherish it, instead, he raises a cheap item to the heavens.”

Robert glanced at Laila, who was laughing uncontrollably in front of the camera and said with disdain, “Such a pretentious act, everyone can sense it. I don’t know what that guy sees in her. Isn’t our Aylin much better? She’s beautiful, talented, and outshines her in every aspect!”

Aylin frowned, “Robert, don’t compare me to her, it disgusts me.”

“Oh my, I got carried away!” Robert covered his mouth and dramatically slapped himself, “Pah, pali, pah, Robert was wrong. What Robert meant to say was, that ugly toad only deserves to stay in the trash can and doesn’t even have the right to see our Aylin!”

His actions were exaggerated, and Aylin couldn’t help but let out a giggle.

Robert paused and blinked at her, “Is Aylin feeling better now?”

Aylin curved her lips into a smile, “Mmm, much better now.”

Robert secretly let out a sigh. Just now, his disdain for that woman named Laila was truly genuine

and heartfelt!

The mere thought of that document he had found… Ugh!

Anger and disgust surged like tumultuous waves, crashing against Robert’s heart.

No matter from which perspective he looked at it, he couldn’t understand what was going on with Gavyn. He just couldn’t figure out why Gavyn wouldn’t pick his own beautiful peony flower, Aylin.

But had a fondness for a hypocritical woman instead.

What is this if not madness?

Robert clenched his fists tightly, looking at Aylin with a hint of unwillingness. “Aylin, are you really just going to watch them get married without doing anything?”

11

In other words, with just a single word from Aylin, Robert could immediately rush over and turn

this wedding into complete chaos!

Get Borts

Aylin just shook her head gently, her expression as calm as still water. “There’s no need.”

Robert was astonished.

Aylin picked up her coffee and took a light sip. The unsweetened Americano was quite bitter, yet Aylin didn’t even furrow her brow.

“I really mean it when I say it’s not necessary. First of all, Gavyn and I are already divorced, so we

don’t owe each other anything. I’m not interested in what he does, and I don’t want to get involved.

The more I get involved, the more it seems like I care about him, and that’s something only a fool

would do. Secondly, their marriage won’t be a happy one.”

It’s not a malicious curse, nor is it a mentality of delighting in others’ misfortunes. Aylin slowly

lowers her gaze, her expression calm, as if she’s merely recounting a well-known fact to everyone.”

“Gavyn has always despised deception, and as for Laila… well, ill-gotten gains never last. The day

her true colors are exposed will be the day the Delacruz family’s world turns upside down!”

Robert was astonished!

These words were spoken calmly and objectively, as if Aylin was just an outsider, and she had never had any entanglements with Gavyn.

Did Aylin really see through it so clearly?

She is able to embrace it when she had it and let go when it’s gone. She wasn’t afraid of losing, nor

did she insist on winning.

What exactly has Aylin experienced in these three years?

She has grown so much!

Robert’s eyes widened in amazement, and he exclaimed, “I never would have thought that at such a young age, Aylin has such a mature outlook on life. I think those aristocratic young ladies’ training classes should pay a high price to have you teach them. Let them know what the true demeanor and

vision of a young lady should be!”

Robert playfully cheered Aylin up, effortlessly showering her with compliments like a rainbow.

Aylin teased him with a laugh, “Robert, how many girls have you deceived with that sweet-talking mouth of yours, huh?”

“Come on, I’m telling the truth, okay?”

For the sake of a man, acting as if life and death depended on it is simply not in line with the temperament of a true lady who has been cultivated with great expense, understand?

Robert playfully tilted his head, but in the instant when Aylin didn’t look over while chuckling and shaking her head, his eyes suddenly darkened!

It was like a sharp, poisoned dagger, emitting a dangerous, chilling gleam.

Aylin, with her kind heart, didn’t want to pursue the matter further, but he wasn’t so easygoing.

If it weren’t for the fact that I had been abroad for the past three years.

How could that kind of woman even think about bullying Aylin?

There are some things that Aylin doesn’t need to speak up about, and certainly doesn’t need to dirty her hands with. As her older brother, I will naturally take care of those things for her.

Otherwise, I would be unworthy of being called brother!