67

Chapter by Her Whereabouts

The

gentle as water, streamed through the floor-to-ceiling windows and slan ted across enveloping Aylin’s eyes and brows. Upon closer inspection, her expression seemed tinged with a hint of melancholy.

Overview of the Sea has been found. David knows that Aylin must be thinking about old Mr. Koch

Although Aylin appears strong and confident on the outside, she is actually very gentle and filial at heart. This can be seen from the well tended flower room in her home and her efforts in purchasing paintings, which demonstrate the importance she places on her parents’ memorial

Ceremony

Seeing David’s distress, he whispered reassuringly, “Hard work pays off, and the painting has finally returned. H*ss, our memorial ceremony in a week will surely go smoothly!”

David made a well thought out statement.

Nina Koch loves flowers, while Timothy Koch enjoys painting. Timothy’s favorite piece was Overview of the Nea. If he could see this painting from heaven, he would surely be overjoyed.

Aylin’s heart was indeed comforted a great deal. Everything was ready, all that was lacking was the right opportunity. Before holding a memorial service for her parents, she had cleared away all the uncertainties and obstacles, except for one-

The “kind Uncle Hanson” lying in the sickbed!

Thinking of Hanson, a hint of cold darkness flashed in Aylin’s eyes. She composed her face and said softly, “Although everything seems calm now, we cannot let our guard down. You must keep a close watch on that person in the hospital!”

David knew how serious Aylin was about death anniversaries, “Understood!”

Under the same moonlight, Gavyn’s face was even colder and more intimidating than Aylin’s.

Lloyd was waiting in the parking lot when he spotted Gavyn from a distance. Seeing his face that seemed to contain a whirlwind of emotions, Lloyd hurriedly approached to greet him.

“Mr. Delacruz, you’re back.”

Gavyn didn’t say a word as he got into the car and slammed the door with great force. The top-of-the-line luxury car’s door made a loud thudding sound! The force was so strong that even Lloyd was shaken by the gust of wind caused by the slamming door.

He wiped his face and lamented in his heart many times. Being a CEO’s assistant is such a tough job!

Inside the car, Gavyn’s chest heaved dramatically, his face was dark. It wasn’t until the air

conditioning filled the entire space and a cool breeze brushed past his temples that he fell the boiling anger within him subside slightly.

Lloyd carefully got into the car, fearing that if he moved too slowly, his life would be in danger.

He knew that Gavyn’s visit was not solely for business interests, but also partly for Aylin. However, judging from the situation, it was clear that Aylin hajt not given him a warm welcome,

It’s quite strange, really. Gavyn isn’t the type to wear his emotions on his sleeve, in fact, he’s quite reserved and composed, never letting his feelings show. However, ever since his divorce from Aylin, his mood has become increasingly unpredictable.

When the boss is unhappy, it affects all the employees below, who also get scolded. Life wasn’t this hard when Aylin was around.

ould it be true, as Steve said, that Aylin came to bring: luck to the Delacruz family?

At the moment, there was no time for Lloyd to thinkcarefully. He quickly fastened his seatbelt and promptly reported the progress of his recent investigation: “Mr. Delacruz, I’ve made some progress on the Divine Doctor case you asked me to look into!”

Gavyn looked up, “Speak!”

Lloyd hurriedly said, “There’s a rumor that Althea, the Divine Doctor, has returned to the country,

and she might even be in New York!”

Heaven knows how excited he was when he got this clue!

Five years ago, Althea Divine Doctor mysteriously vanished. For a whole five years, trying to find someone without knowing their appearance was like searching for a needle in a haystack. Who knows how much heartache and tears were contained within this period!

Upon hearing this, a look of surprise and delight appeared in Gavyn’s eyes, a rare expression of pleasure for him. Seeing this, Lloyd knew that he probably wouldn’t be sent to Europe.

“You’re somewhat useful after all!”

Gavyn glanced at Lloyd’s relieved expression and muttered under his breath, “Pathetic.”

In his life, he had two benefactors. One was Laila, who risked her life to save him from a fire when

he was a child. The other was Althea, the Divine Doctor, who brought him back from the brink of death after he was shot. He had already found and repaid his childhood savior with all his might, but

he had yet to repay the kindness of the Divine Doctor.

Upon thinking of this, Gavyn became somewhat anxious, so he instructed Lloyd, “Just get the information, don’t get carried away. Keep a close eye on this matter and make sure to establish

contact as soon as possible!”

Yes!” Lloyd, who was driving in front, couldn’t free his hands to wipe the sweat from his forehead, So he could only nod repeatedly in agreement.

Gavyn leaned back against the leather seat, gazing out the window at the rapidly passing colorful scenery. The frustration that Aylin had caused him dissipated quite a bit.

Just thinking about Aylin’s bold and gorgeous appearance made his brows furrow again. “What’s the situation with the house she wanted during the divorce?”

Lloyd was momentarily stunned, then recalled the matter with great confusion. “You mentioned carlier that Mrs. Delacruz might buy that house, so I’ve been keeping an eye on it. But it seems like Mrs. Delacruz has no intention of selling, and she hasn’t gone back to live there either…”

“Did she really not sell it?”

Upon hearing this, Gavyn’s eyebrows furrowed tightly, and his face instantly darkened, dropping to freezing cold.

What on earth is this woman up to?

At the time of the divorce, she only asked for one house, which was smart since she knew that a house was more valuable than cash. However, after getting the house, she neither sold it nor lived in it. What on earth was she thinking?

Where does she live now?

Suddenly, an image of Aylin and Ryker walking side by side flashed through Gavyn’s mind, and at fierce expression surfaced on his face in an instant.

Suddenly, everything made sense.

She doesn’t need that house anymore because she’s involved with another man and has moved in with him! Naturally, she has no use for that house now!

Gavyn’s face turned so dark in an instant that it seemed like thick ink could drip from it.