64

Chapter 64 Prepare to Meet Your Doom

The Delacruz’s home.

Haleigh was sitting on the couch, sulking.

Regarding the matter of that painting, there were many suspicious details. The more Haleigh thought about it, the more uneasy she felt, yet she couldn’t pinpoint the exact reason.

It wasn’t until she had a meal and drank a cup of tea that she finally figured it out.

D*mn it, this matter is definitely related to Aylin!

When Laila arrived at the Delacruz’s home, she immediately noticed Haleigh’s unhappy expression as she entered. So, she sweetly called out, “Mrs. Delacruz?”

Haleigh lifted her eyes, looking a bit better, “How did you get here? Come on, have a seat.”

She gestured for Laila to sit down, but her eyes were already fixated on the gift in Laila’s hand.

Laila’s heart was as clear as a mirror.

Haleigh is quite foolish and slow-witted, with limited knowledge and experience. It’s easy to win her over and manipulate her by giving her some gifts.

“Gavyn mentioned that Carmen has been out these past couple of days, and you’ve been home alone. He was worried you might be feeling lonely, so I came over to keep you company and chat

with you.”

Laila handed over the nourishing tonic gift set and a few high-end beauty tools sold in exclusive stores, saying, “I saw these on my way and thought they would be suitable for you, so I brought them to you. I hope you don’t mind the modest offerings.”

“Ah, you shouldn’t have brought anything,” Haleigh said, but then quickly instructed the housekeeper to take the gifts.

The more she looked at her daughter-in-law Laila, the more satisfied she became. Laila had an impressive background, a high level of education, and a beautiful appearance. She was sweet and caring, and seemed to be very well-behaved.

She’s so much better than that sharp-tongued and cu**ing Aylin!

Laila smiled gracefully, looking especially well-behaved and gentle. She leaned in to massage Haleigh’s leg, saying, “Mrs. Delacruz, you must be tired from taking care of the household, right? Let me help you by massaging your legs to help you relax a bit.”

“You really are a thoughtful child. Gavyn might not even be as considerate as you think.”

Haleigh laughed so hard that her eyes squinted into a thin line.

Chapter 64 Prepare to Meet Your Doom.

19 120

Having accepted gifts and experienced the attentive and pleasing behavior of her future daughter-in-law, her trust in Laila naturally grew even stronger.

So, without any guard, she candidly shared what was on her mind, “Laila, I have something to tell

you.”

“What’s going on?”

Haleigh really didn’t want to talk about being deceived by Aylin, but she just couldn’t help herself.

“I was deceived by that cu**ing Aylin! She tricked me at the art exhibition last time, and yesterday she had someone else scam me. 3 million dollars! That cunning girl scammed me out of a whole 3

million dollars!”

Because you’re so stup*d! Laila almost rolled her eyes in exasperation.

No matter how disdainful she felt inside, Laila still maintained a gentle and harmless expression on