90

Chapter 90 Desiring to Understand Her Past

Llyod shook his head and sighed, “How could Mrs. Delacruz have treated you like this before? Mr. Delacruz, if you just talk to her a bit more, she’ll be over the moon…”

Every word and phrase seemed to serve as a reminder for Gavyn.

Aylin once cherished and loved him deeply, treating him with all kinds of tenderness, but now…

A wave of irritation surged uncontrollably in his heart, and Gavyn frowned, looking up and scolding, “Just drive, and shut your mouth!”

Lloyd shuddered in fear, “Yes.”

So, Llyod kept his mouth tightly shut, not saying much on the way back to the company.

Gavyn had rushed out, leaving his work behind, and logically, after returning to the company, he should have devoted himself wholeheartedly to following up on the latest developments in the

project.

However, for some reason, the intricate and detailed text reports left him feeling overwhelmed and

frustrated.

Lloyd watched him rub his forehead and cautiously asked, “Mr. Delacruz, would you like me to make you another cup of coffee?”

Actually, it’s not that he’s tired at all, but rather he has something on his mind, making it difficult

for him to concentrate.

Gavyn raised his hand and said, “You may leave now.”

Upon being pardoned, Lloyd quickly smeared oil on the soles of his feet and took off like a puff of

smoke.

The spacious office was left with only Gavyn.

He closed his eyes for a moment, forcing himself to clear the cluttered thoughts from his mind.

Taking a deep breath, he picked up the report once again. Before he had a chance to examine it closely, a sudden ring of the telephone interrupted his action.

The surroundings over there seemed a bit noisy, and Waylon whistled: “Gavyn, want to come out for a drink?”

Waylon is a typical affluent playboy, skilled in all aspects of eating, drinking, and having fun.

But the best thing about him was his loyalty to his friends. Whenever he found something new and interesting, he never forgot to share it with his brothers by his side

But Clavyn was in no mood at the moment, “You really know how to pick a time, calling me to heye drinks when I’m at world”

Waylon had known Gavyn for many years, and he could instantly tell that Gavyn was annoyed at the

moment.

He laughed and said, “What’s the matter? Are you $ill worried about your ex-wife?The past is in The past… Oh, wait a minute,”

Suddenly, a possibility flashed through his mind.

Given Gavyn’s inquisitive nature, he probably wouldn’t be able to tolerate the outcome of being

deceived.

“Come on, Gavyn, you’re not seriously going to find her house, are you?”

Waylon exclaimed loudly and began to mock withou holding back, “I get it now! No wonder you’re so upset. You went to see the Koch family, but they refused to meet you, right? Tsk, tsk. She didn’t even give you a friendly look at the cemetery. Did you really think they’d open their doors and welcome you into their home as a guest? Gavyn, what were you thinking?”

Uncharacteristically, Gavyn didn’t retort and remained silent.

Seeing his friend on the other end of the phone showing no reaction, Waylon raised an eyebrow and said, “Hey. Did I really hit the nail on the head? Hahaha, sorry, I just couldn’t hold it in. I mean, Gavyn, even you have days like this, hahaha…”

Just thinking about Gavyn’s deflated expression made Waylon laugh so hard that his stomach hurt.,

Gavyn scolded him irritably, “What’s so funny? If you keep laughing, I’ll tell Old Mr. Kline about you stealing his jade to give to your new girlfriend!”

“Ah, no, please don’t!”

Waylon suddenly stopped laughing, “Gavyn, let’s be fair here, that’s not cool of you.”

Gavyn snorted, “It’s not that I can’t tell you, but let me ask you something first. Since you knew Aylin’s true identity before I did, do you also know some other things?”

Waylon didn’t directly answer, and his voice was somewhat low.

“So what if it is, and what if it isn’t?”

Gavyn’s face was tense, his dark eyes heavy. “Don’t you think she’s acting strange? It’s like she’s become a completely different person. Normally, one’s character wouldn’t change so drastically unless they’ve experienced something significant. How much do you know about her past?”

In a subtle manner, they were openly trying to inquire about Aylin’s news.

Waylon took a sip of wine and crossed his legs casually.

“Gavyn, it’s not that I don’t want to help you. I only found out about Ms. Koch’s identity and her connection to the Koch family today when I happened to visit the cemetery. You two are still married, and even you didn’t know How could I, an outsider, possibly know?”

“But,” Waylon chuckled, changing the subject, “if you offer a generous reward, I’d be willing to play private detective for once and help you investigate the situation.”

Gavyn frowned, “Can you do it?”

What?

Waylon almost rolled his eyes and exclaimed, “Do you really want me to give it a try? Let me remind you, you’re engaged now, and Aylin is your ex-wife, ex-wife! Understand? Although it’s in our nature as men to be passionate, you have to have some morals!”

Gavyn didn’t want to be outdone and retorted sarcastically, “Morality? Do you even have any?”

Waylon was indignant, “How can you say I don’t have any? You should learn from me. I’m not picky with lovers, but I never play with two people’s feelings at the same time. If I don’t love someone anymore, I break up with them and move on to the next one. That’s much cleaner. I would never let two women be heartbroken over me at the same time, let alone have an unresolved attachment to my ex-wife while having a fiancée. Don’t forget, your wedding day is approaching, and playing with two people’s feelings is just immoral!”