79

Chapter 79 Jealousy Over the Ex

Aylin, tired of the crow and the house, glanced at Waylon and quickly looked away. She then said to Daniel and the others, “Robert, Daniel, the ceremony is over. Let’s go back.”

“Alright.” Robert noticed that her expression was off, but now was not the time to ask. He didn’t say anything, but considering there were only a few of them around, and he and Daniel couldn’t possibly have upset her, there could only be one person responsible.

With a sharp glare, Robert fiercely shot daggers at Waylon with his eyes.

Waylon was rendered speechless.

Robert turned to Aylin with a gentle smile, “Aylin, you’ve had a long day. Let me drive you home.”

Aylin shook her head and gave a reassuring smile, “Robert, you’ve had a long journey back. Don’t worry, I’ll take care of the driving.”

After saying that, the three of them got into the car.

e

Left behind after being given two cold glares, Waylon stood there dumbfounded, watching Aylin close the door and get into the car. Accompanied by the roar of the engine, the sleek and smooth vehicle executed a perfect drift right in front of him, as smooth and effortless as a flowing cloud.

He got a face full of dust.

It took Waylon a while to snap out of his daze, and he quickly spat, “Blarghh! You just got a mouthful of dirt from me!”

Wow, the arc of this drift is flawless! Even a top-tier S-class racer couldn’t do any better!

He had never heard before that Aylin could drive, let alone perform such a highly dangerous and

skillful maneuver!

Hidden talents, indeed!

Waylon wiped his face, not angry about the dust that had been flung onto him. He couldn’t help but sigh in his heart, thinking that his best friend Gavyn probably had no idea that his ex-wife had such

skills during these three years.

Who knows what his expression will be after he finds out?

Waylon shook his head, still wondering why Aylin was angry. As he turned around, he was met with a familiar handsome face, only that face was now a bit unpleasantly dark.

Waylon’s jaw nearly dropped again, “What the heck, Gavyn? How come you’re here too, Gavyn? When did you get here?”

No wonder Aylin came out with a gloomy face.

Chapter 79 Jealousy Over the Ex

52.22%

You must have had an argument with your ex-husband, huh?

Gavyn’s face darkened, looking so unpleasant that it was frightening. He didn’t pay attention to Waylon’s startled reactions, and simply stretched out his hand, crooking his finger.

Waylon knew that they were asking for a cigarette.

He took out a cigarette box from his pocket and handed it over, taking one for himself as well. As he lit it, a few abrupt images suddenly flashed through his mind.

While he was waiting outside, he caught a glimpse of a familiar-looking car speeding by. At that moment, he thought it looked a bit like his good friend’s car, but assumed he must have been mistaken. Little did he know…

He tutted.

Waylon took a puff of his cigarette and laughed, “I must say, Mr. Delacruz, was that you driving like a rocket just now? Did you see the photo? I don’t mean to criticize, but why do you get so fired up when it comes to seeing your ex-wife? Something’s not quite right with you.”

Gavyn smoked with a cold expression on his face, but the nicotine didn’t seem to ease his emotions even a little.

Recalling how Aylin openly admitted to having an affair with someone else and even seemed proud of it, he furrowed his brows and glared at Waylon, “Enough nonsense, what’s the deal with that photo you sent?”

Waylon shrugged, “What else could it be? I just took the photo when I saw it.”

Gavyn’s face tightened with frustration, the handsome features growing even colder as a layer of frost seemed to form. “You’re just going to stand there and watch? They’re about to kiss, aren’t you going to stop them?”

Waylon was dumbfounded.

He was scolded for the third time in half an hour, feeling extremely wronged. “What are you even talking about? You’ve completely confused me. What do you mean ‘kissing together’? They just hugged, that’s all! You’re not taking the misunderstanding seriously, are you?”

Upon hearing this, Gavyn’s eyebrows twitched slightly, and his expression became a bit more bearable, no longer as stiff and rigid as before.

Waylon gave him a baffled look, “Isn’t your anger a bit misplaced, dude? So what if Aylin really kissed her little lover? I thought you didn’t even like her? She’s your ex-wife, what are you doing,

getting jealous?”

Waylon squinted his eyes and asked, “If you really care about her so much, why did you divorce her in the first place?”

Chapter 79 Jealousy Over the Ex

52.44%

Gavyn’s expression paused for a moment, then he frowned and coldly glanced at Waylon.

Enough chit-chat, what are you doing here? How long have you been here?”

Waylon glanced at the time and said, “Just an hour or two, I guess. I was originally here to pay my respects to my grandmother, but who would have thought I’d run into them? What’s up?”

Gavyn flicked the ash off his cigarette and asked, “So, what else did you see?”

“Are you interrogating a criminal here?” Waylon sensed something was off and glanced at Gavyn. “What else could it be? A tombstone, of course.”

Gavyn frowned, “You know what I’m talking about, I’m asking you, have you seen the daughter of the Koch family?”

This question really hit the nail on the head. Waylon raised an eyebrow, his expression subtly

changing.

It wouldn’t be an exaggeration to say that Gavyn’s mind was in a complete mess right now. He was extremely curious to know who the rumored daughter of the Koch family was. However, Waylon was deliberately keeping him in suspense. Waylon stared at him with a strange look in his eyes, not saying a word, just scrutinizing him from head to toe as if he were looking at a fool.

“What are you looking at? Hurry up and speak!”

Gavyn was about to burst out in anger, but Waylon let out a long sigh and said softly, “Gavyn, how many women were there in that cemetery just now? Just one, right? She also has the last name Koch and has a good relationship with Robert. Isn’t it possible that she’s the person you’re looking for?”