56

Chapter 56 Finding Aylin

Haleigh didn’t notice anything wrong with her davy and kept on talking, “Gavyn, I know you’re the best. Please give me this painting. If I can’t take it out, I’ll have to pay a penalty!”

“Penalty fee, did you sign the contract?”

Gavyn’s expression had become extremely unpleasant.

Haleigh, embarrassed, got up from the ground and rummaged through her bag to find a contract.

She handed it to Gavyn and said, “This is it. I thought I could definitely take it out. How was I supposed to know that you, a kid, wouldn’t care about my life or death! If this gets out, I might as well be dead!”

Gavyn took a deep breath, trying to suppress his emotions as he looked over the contract. It was incredibly formal and he couldn’t find a single flaw.

“Who is the other person and what do they do?”

Haleigh shook her head blankly, then suddenly remembered the business card and handed it to Gavyn, “Well… this is the only card I have.”

Gavyn only touched the business card for a moment before he noticed the issue.

The address is vague, there’s only a landline number and no mobile number. A business card can represent a company’s image, and he doesn’t believe that an owner who’s into art would use such. ordinary coated paper to make their business card.

Only someone with a bad brain like Haleigh would believe it; even the names mentioned are probably fake!

Gavyn’s face had turned so gloomy that it seemed like ink could drip from it.

“I can’t give you the painting, but as for the 3 million dollars penalty, I can lend it to you on behalf of the company. Just write a credit note first!”

“What?”

Upon hearing this, Haleigh could no longer hold back and immediately made a scene.

“Where in the world does a son ask his mother to write a credit note? You’re being too heartless! I won’t write it, I can’t pay back that much money!”

Gavyn didn’t pay attention to her tantrum and coldly dialed the phone.

“Adam!”

Soon, Adam Smith was summoned. Without any mercy, Gavyn had Haleigh press her handprint on the credit note. Then, he instructed Adam to escort the woman out.

After Haleigh left, the study became quiet.

As Gavyn’s chilliness completely enveloped him, the man’s deep, pitch-black eyes seemed to emit a cold gleam at that moment.

No matter where that man came from, as soon as he asked for Overview of the Sea, his purpose was clear, and he knew that Haleigh was in need of money recently.

Gradually, an image of Aylin formed in Gavyn’s mind!

Is it you?

Sensing this possibility, Gavyn’s expression darkened a bit more. He opened his laptop, and his slender fingers tapped away on the keyboard.

The blue light from the computer screen illuminated Gavyn’s face, outlining his determined jawline. His eyes were deep and mysterious, exuding an indescribable sense of danger.

With his computer skills, hacking into a surveillance camera wouldn’t be a difficult task.

Ten years ago, when Gavyn had just taken over the Delacruz Group, a competitor came to challenge him. Relying on his own abilities, Gavyn managed to save all the data before the rival team could get their hands on it.

Afterwards, he single-handedly took on the entire opposing team!

Even after that incident, he never touched the code again.

However!

It was a piece of cake for Gavyn to investigate a person!

Lines of code danced across the screen, picking up speed until they became a blur. Soon, Gavyn’s computer screen displayed the surveillance footage from the café.

He captured the image of the middle-aged man and, using some techniques, accessed the existing portrait database. After a period of matching, he discovered the man’s real name.

“Harvey Duncan.”

I have no impression of the name Gavyn.

Everything went as expected. The name on the business card was fake, and the company was nowhere to be found. However, the call history gave him away.

After contacting David, I fabricated an identity to purchase Overview of the Sea, and the logical sequence of events regarding this matter gradually became clear.

Gavyn’s hands paused on the keyboard as he lit a cigarette. As the smoke swirled around him, a

Chapter 56 Finding Aylin

37.11

bottomless coldness could be seen in the man’s eyes.

Arlin, it really does have something to do with you!

Suddenly, Lloyd’s phone interrupted his train of thought.

“Mr. Delacruz, Benjamin is hosting a party tonight and has sent you an invitation.”

The Bennett family is considered one of the top elite familles in New York, second only to the Delacruz Group. In recent years, Benjamin’s health has been deteriorating, and he has been receiving treatment in a private hospital.

Recently, Benjamin was discharged from the hospital.

At today’s banquet, not only is Benjamin looking to connect and build relationships with other high society members, but it is also a joyous feast to celebrate his recovery from illness.

Now that Aylin has returned to New York, everyone in the city knows that the Bennett family and the Koch family have always had a good relationship. There’s no doubt that she will be invited to their upcoming banquet.

Today, during the day, Gavyn faced a setback at the Roch Group meeting, and it’s hard to avoid that he might take out his frustration on the Bennett family.

Lloyd had pondered for a long time before deciding; to make this call. After all, it was easy to decline an invitation, but it wouldn’t be good if it led to any negative gossip.

Without Gavyn saying a word, Lloyd could already feel the pressure coming from the other end of the phone.

He respectfully said, “Mr. Delacruz, should I find an excuse to cancel?”

“No, please prepare the gift for me. We still need to show respect to Benjamin.”

“Yes!”

Lloyd hung up the phone, feeling as if a heavy burden had been lifted.

Gavyn squinted his eyes, fiercely putting out his cigarette. His entire being was shrouded in suppressed anger, the depths of his dark eyes murky and unclear.

Aylin, let’s see how you talk your way out of this one!