135

Chapter 135 Lacking Manners

The sound of crying still lingers in my ears, making me feel irritated and restless.

“Stop crying!”

With a low grunt from Gavyn, the surroundings suddenly became quiet.

Carmen wiped her tears in a haphazard manner, “Gavyn! What’s wrong with you? It’s one thing for Grandpa to scold me, but why are you scolding me too?”

Haleigh slapped her thigh and her face crumpled with tears streaming down, “I can’t go on like this, Gavyn. Tell me, I’ve been married into the Delacruz family for so many years, and even if I haven’t made great contributions, I’ve certainly worked hard. Now they won’t even let me through the door! What kind of reasoning is this?”

Gavyn’s headache worsened.

“Didn’t you hear? Grandpa said he needs to rest and recuperate.”

He didn’t want to hear any more arguments, so he took out his phone and sent a message. With a blank expression, he said, “Lloyd will pick you up later and take you to the house in the Western District. I have to go to the office now.”

Seeing Gavyn’s face as stiff as a piece of iron, Haleigh thought Gavyn was still worried about the

wedding.

She wiped her tears with her sleeve and cautiously approached, trying to please him. “Gavyn, don’t worry, I’ll definitely find you a better lady from a prestigious family! This time, I’ll be extra careful and make sure to find someone who is not only from a matching social status but also gentle and

virtuous for you!”

“Yeah, Gavyn, you’re such a catch! What kind of person can’t you find? It’s just that you’ve been really unlucky, and the women you’ve met so far haven’t been that great.”

Carmen sniffed, “One is a filthy, despicable lowlife pretending to be pure and noble; the other is a ruthless, malicious bumpkin who’s even worse! Deliberately sabotaging your wedding just to

satisfy her own selfish desires! That little wretch, I must…”

The unbearable curses went on and on, making Gavyn frown and say in a deep voice, “Enough!”

Carmen choked for a moment, then reacted with great confusion, “Gavyn, what are you doing? I’m speaking up for you and you’re giving me this attitude. Did I say something wrong?”

“You have no manners when speaking!”

Before her eyes, Aylin appeared elegant and calm, while Gavyn cast a frosty glance that sent a

shiver down Carmen’s spine.

Get Bort

“How have you treated her in the past three years? You think I don’t know?” Gavyn’s voice. contained a subtle warning. “No matter what you say today, she’s the one who saved Grandpa. You

better know when to stop!”

After speaking, Gavyn left.

Carmen stood there with a wronged expression on her face, her complexion alternating between pale and flushed. She felt as if her chest was about to burst from the suffocating feeling.

She and Haleigh exchanged glances, their hearts filled with even more grievances!

The mother and daughter felt that they were simply the most pitiful and misunderstood people in the world, even worse off than the tragic figure of Dou E.

They wholeheartedly wanted the best for the Delacruz family, but first, Steve ungratefully scolded them until they were covered in metaphorical dog’s blood, even forcing them to apologize to outsiders. Now, even Gavyn, who always disliked Aylin, began to change his attitude!

What kind of love potion has this woman given to the men of the Delacruz family!

“Oh dear! What kind of life is this! My father-in-law doesn’t appreciate me, and my son doesn’t understand my feelings. I can’t live like this anymore!” Haleigh cried her heart out.

Carmen was so angry that her face contorted, and even her delicate and beautiful makeup couldn’t

hide the distortion of her features.

If Aylin were still the helpless housewife she was three years ago, she would have been easily bullied when she got angry! There would be no need for her to swallow her pride like she does now.

Surprisingly, that Aylin was no ordinary girl from a wealthy family, but rather the young lady of the Koch family, a family that held both wealth and power!

Lloyd’s car arrived quickly, and Carmen helped Haleigh into the car, still fuming. “Mom, we can’t

let them get away with this!”