152

Meanwhile, at the hospital.

Inside the special care ward, the smell of disinfectant filled the air, while the blue and white walls. reflected a cold, eerie light.

Gavyn sat expressionless on the sofa in the outer room, his long legs crossed. Under the light, hist sharp and distinct facial features appeared deep and cold.

The door was pushed open, and a doctor walked in.

“Mr. Delacruz,” the person handed over the inspection report, “the report shows that the lady is not in any serious danger. The blood loss is not life-threatening, and she should be fine after a few days of observation in the hospital.”

Gavyn didn’t pick up, “It’s fine as long as there’s no problem.”

The doctor was momentarily taken aback, unsure whether this was a matter of concern or not. Left with no choice, he carefully explained some dietary and lifestyle precautions to be taken.

Gavyn was getting impatient, but fortunately, Lloyd arrived just in time. “Doctor, you can talk to me,” he said.

The doctor repeated his instructions and emphasized the importance of keeping a close eye on her, making sure she wouldn’t act impulsively again.

Lloyd jotted it down and then, with a smile, watched the doctor leave.

On the bed, Laila lay flat with her eyes closed, her face slightly pale, resembling a delicate lily.

However, not a shred of pity arose in Gavyn’s heart.

He glanced over and withdrew his gaze, “Lloyd, go contact her family and have them come take

care of her.”

Gavyn referred to Laila only as “her,” seemingly unwilling to even say her name. After saying this, he left without looking back.

The woman hadn’t even woken up yet.

“Take care, Mr. Delacruz.” Lloyd repeated, personally escorting Gavyn to the entrance of the ward. After making sure he had left, Lloyd returned to his room.

Looking at Laila’s pale, earthy complexion on the hospital bed, Lloyd couldn’t help but feel a sense

of melancholy.

Once upon a time, Mr. Delacruz would always stay by Laila’s bedside, waiting for her to recover, even if it meant putting aside important projects at work.

It seems that Mr. Delacruz has truly gained some clarity on certain matters.

Lloyd shook his head with a sigh, took out his phone, and began scrolling through his contacts. Just as he was about to make a call, he heard a rustling sound coming from the hospital bed nearby.

“Mr. Jones.”

Laila let out a delicate sigh.

Although Lloyd didn’t particularly like Laila, he still maintained basic politeness and greeted her, “Ms. Marsh, you’re awake. How are you feeling?”

Laila slowly sat up in bed, as if she had just woken up from a deep sleep, and had not yet fully adapted to the unfamiliar hospital room environment.

She stared at the snow-white wall for a moment, lost in thought. “Did Gavyn bring me here? Where is he… where did he go?”

“The company has an urgent matter, so Mr. Delacruz has gone to handle it.”

As a competent assistant, Lloyd had the ability to come up with plausible excuses with ease.