91

Chapter 91 All I Can Think About

Gavyn found himself at a loss for words, unable to refute the statement.

Waylon may be blunt, but he’s got a point. Upon reflection, he really has been following Aylin like a spell, constantly having his attention drawn to her lately.

And that vain, pretentious woman was a thing of the past, while Lalla was the wife he would spend the rest of his life with in the future.

Moreover, Laila had saved his life. No matter what, he could not let down the person who had saved

him.

Gavyn may appear to be cold-hearted and ungrateful, but in reality, he remembers both grudges and kindnesses.

He will always remember those who have been kind to him, and he would risk his life to repay their

kindness.

Since it was a promise he made himself, he must definitely fulfill it.

After a long silence, Gavyn coldly said, “I understand.”

The call was disconnected, leaving behind a busy tone.

He tutted.

Waylon slipped his phone back into his pocket, and immediately a stunning woman handed him a c**ktail, leaning against him with a soft, boneless grace.

“Is Mr. Kline finally done? Who was he chatting with so enthusiastically?”

The bar was filled with noisy laughter and dim lights. The woman leaned on Waylon’s shoulder, playfully biting his ear as she pouted, “Am I not pretty enough for Mr. Kline to even take a glance, so he won’t drink the wine I offer?”

Waylon has always been polite and welcoming to beautiful women. He took the wine glass and drained it in one gulp, leaving a light kiss on the woman’s cheek. “How could I not, Yvette? You’re one of the most beautiful women in New York. How could I refuse the wine you offer?”

Yvette Long laughed heartily.

Waylon chatted and laughed with Yvette, his gaze sweeping across the dance floor where men and women were joyfully swaying and letting loose.

There are many beautiful women here, but none of them, including Yvette, can compare to that person. If we were to discuss the top beauties in New York, perhaps only Aylin from the Koch family would be worthy of such a title.

In the past, when he indulged in romantic pursuits, he would always immerse himself wholeheartedly in the experience.

This time, his mind was filled with thoughts of Aylin.

It must be said that after her divorce, Aylin became extremely appealing to him, as if she had

undergone a complete transformation. Her stunning beauty, gorgeous facial features, and luxurious attire made her resemble a peony in full bloom, outshining all others and effortlessly. overshadowing those around her.

What’s even rarer is her personality decisive and efficient, no longer the submissive talker she used to be. Bold and strong-willed, she’s incredibly charming. Waylon prefers this thorny red rose

to the bland, virtuous wife and good mother.

Aylin is just so much to his taste!

At this thought, Waylon suddenly felt a bit relieved. Luckily, Gavyn wasn’t into this type, otherwise he wouldn’t have had a chance to pursue Aylin!

Waylon’s peach blossom eyes flashed with a strong sense of interest.

“Mr. Kline…” Yvette clung to his hand, wanting to be even closer, but Waylon gently pushed her

away with a faint smile. “Play by yourself for a while, I need to step out and make a phone call.”

After leaving the private room, Waylon made a phone call.

“I’ll send you a person’s information, and you should investigate them, both their current and past

situations. The more detailed, the better.”

Waylon indulged in the pleasures of life, surrounded by bright lights and flowing wine, while Gavyn couldn’t quite enjoy himself as much.

He furrowed his brow as he flipped through the documents, but the words just wouldn’t sink into

his mind.

Gavyn’s eyes darkened slightly, and deep within his gaze, undercurrents surged.

He dialed a phone call.

Laila’s gentle and melodious voice was like a breeze blowing into the ear, “Hello? Gavyn?”

A ray of sunlight poured in through the window, illuminating the floating dust particles in the air.

Gavyn stared intently at those specks of dust, lost in thought.

“What are you doing?”

Laila was getting her nails done at the salon when she immediately hushed everyone around her. Then, she sweetly giggled into the phone, “I’m just reading a book.”

“So, I have a few ideas, Gavyn. Would you like to hear them?”

Laila was daydreaming about her grand wedding, her excited little face flushed red. “A wedding is once-in-a-lifetime event, so it must be taken seriously. I want an all-white wedding, symbolizing the pure beauty of love. The carpet should be at least 10 feet long, as the longer the carpet, the longer we’ll be together. I’ve already chosen the host, Krish’s wedding planning is quite good, and several of my friends had their weddings handled by them. And there’s more…”

Laila chattered nonstop, while Gavyn simply responded with a few “hmm”.

He didn’t know what the purpose of making this call was.

11

In order to make up for his recent neglect of Laila, he felt more apologetic towards her than excited about their upcoming wedding.

All he wanted was to fulfill her desires as much as he could. However, when it came to the longing and joy for a beautiful marriage, Gavyn didn’t feel it at all.

After giving his response, he even had time to pick up the report and examine it carefully.

This time, I was really drawn into it.

Laila was already lost in her beautiful daydream of becoming Mrs. Delacruz. She asked softly, “Gavyn, do you have any other suggestions?”

Gavyn didn’t really pay attention, his deep black eyes slightly sinking as he said softly, “I think your idea is great, let’s do as you suggested.”

“Great!”

Laila had just finished getting her nails done, and she proudly admired them with her fingers. raised. The tiny diamonds on her nails sparkled brilliantly, just like her bright future ahead.

“Gavyn, since you’ve been so thoughtful towards me, I want to give you a gift as well.”

“What gift?”

Laila spoke playfully, “It’s a secret, I can’t tell you right now.”

Gavyn didn’t actually feel much of a stir in his heart, but to go along with Laila, he still let out a

couple of laughs.

“Alright, then I’ll be waiting for your gift.”

Only he knew that from the moment he dialed the phone, his lips never curved into a smile throughout the entire conversation.