Home for the Holidays (Crygi) [Part 2]

Gigi was taken aback for a moment before going back to desperately clean Crystal up. "I-I'm so sorry, I really am-"

"It's fine, it's just a stain that'll come out." Crystal said, doing her absolute best to not freak out over the fact that Gigi was touching her. The sting from where the coffee had gotten her was at least keeping her mind from wandering.

Gigi looked around before grabbing Crystal's arm, dragging her to the bookstore not far from them. "Hold on, I'll fix it."

Crystal hardly had time to process what was happening before she was being dragged inside and towards the back. She tried her best to ignore the way her heart raced. There was no way she could still have feelings for Gigi. Not after so many years away. The other girl pulled her into the bathroom, quickly gathering up paper towels.

Crystal was almost in a daze as she watched her, having to force herself to snap out of it. "Gigi-"

"Here-" Gigi started wiping at her jacket with the paper towels, her own face bright red. She didn't let Crystal get a word in before she was running another wad of paper towels under the water from the sink. She stopped, deciding to hand them to Crystal instead. "You should probably make sure you aren't burnt too bad..."

Crystal stared at her for a moment before nodding. She took the paper towels from her hand and turned away, lifting her shirt slightly and finding her skin was just a light shade of red. She dabbed at it gently, the coolness helping soothe it.

Gigi just looked down at her hands, leaning back against the wall. Seeing Crystal again back at the bakery had brought back a lot of memories. And made the feeling that never left her stronger. She sighed softly. "I-I'm really really sorry..."

"It's fine." Crystal said, her movements slow as she tried to stall looking back at her. "It's kinda my fault. I wasn't watching where I was going."

Gigi was silent, wrapping her arms around herself. She lowly nodded after a moment, taking a deep breath. "It's...been a while since I last saw you."

"Four years." Crystal said, throwing the paper towels away. "Almost five."

Gigi looked back up at her, studying her closely. Crystal had changed a lot since the last time she saw her. But she was still the girl she remembered having the biggest crush on all throughout high school. She had been heartbroken when she found out she would be leaving town. "Y-Yeah...How long are you here for?"

Crystal turned around again, almost too nervous to talk to her. She felt like she'd just stutter and embarrass herself no matter what she said. "Till the end of December. I can uh...get you another coffee if you want."

Gigi quickly shook her head, not meeting her eyes as she opened the door. "I-It's okay, Jackie and Jan kinda just let me have one whenever I feel like it..."

Crystal nodded a little, knowing she was going to be over analyzing this whole interaction later. "Alright..."

Gigi stepped out of the bathroom, hesitantly glancing back at Crystal. "Maybe I'll see you around?" She said quietly.

Crystal followed her out, breath hitching when she finally met Gigi's eyes. "Y-Yeah, maybe you will."

Gigi gave her a small smile before she left, shaking the blush off of her face. Crystal sighed once she was left alone in the bookstore. She had no idea how it was possible for this girl to still have such a hold on her, but here she was. Blushing and remembering how much she had loved her.

----

That night, Daya had immediately started laughing after Crystal told her what had happened, having been hiding out in her childhood bedroom to wrap the gifts for her girlfriends. "You can't tell me you didn't do that on purpose-"