Home for the Holidays (Crygi) [Part 1]

Like your typical Hallmark Christmas movie, Crystal is back in her small hometown for the holidays. Where she runs into her high school crush, Gigi.
----

Crystal groaned as she pulled her heavy suitcase off of the conveyor belt. For some reason she was expecting more people in the airport, considering Christmas was fast approaching. But she had forgotten how small the town was, and only a few people filled the baggage claim area. She swung her bag over her shoulders, looking around before hearing her name.

"Crystal!"

She turned around to find her younger sister rushing towards her. Crystal hardly had time to think before she was tackled in a tight hug that made her squeak. "I missed you!"

Crystal struggled in her sister's tight grasp. "I missed you too, Daya- Now please let me breathe-"

Daya pulled away with a quick apology, taking Crystal's suitcase for her. "You have no idea how happy my girlfriends are to finally meet you face to face." She smiled. "We missed you last year...and the year before that. And we know you've been too busy to come see us in our home."

"I'm just still shocked you managed to pull two girls." Crystal teased, smiling a little as she followed Daya through the airport. She avoided talking about her absence from past Christmases. It wasn't like she had exactly missed out on celebrating with her family on purpose. She had things to handle at home.

But she did have to admit to herself, she was kind of nervous about coming back to the small town.

"Hey-" Daya huffed, shoving her sister's arm playfully. "Not my fault you haven't gotten your own yet."

Crystal followed her outside, shivering when the cold air hit her face. "I'm not looking for a relationship." She said, keeping closer to Daya when starting to recognize some faces around her. After her flight, she wasn't in the mood to talk to people she hadn't heard a word from in years. "I'm trying to focus on work."

Daya raised a brow as she led her to her car. "You're always focusing on work. I don't think you know how to take breaks anymore."

"Of course I know how to take breaks." Crystal protested, not wanting to admit that she did overwork herself quite a bit. "I'm here now, aren't I?"

"True, but it took a lot of convincing to get you here." Daya opened the trunk of the car, lifting the suitcase into it.

Crystal sighed as she placed her bag inside. "I'm sorry." She apologized. "I really am."

"It's fine." Daya gave her a small smile as she twirled her keys around her finger. "I'm just happy you're here now."

On the way towards town, Crystal was expecting everything to feel unfamiliar, but she recognized it all immediately as Daya drove to their parents house. Nothing had changed. It all looked the same since her and Daya were kids. In a way it felt welcoming, but it also made Crystal a little nervous.

"It always looks the same whenever I come back." Daya said, noticing how Crystal studied everything. "I guess that's why mom and dad like it so much."

Crystal nodded a bit, tapping her nails against the door. "All the same people too I'm guessing?"

"Mostly. The only thing I know that has changed is Jackie runs that coffee shop and bakery we always went to on the way to school. She took over for her mom." Daya explained to her sister. "And she's married now. Remember Jan?"

"How could I forget? Wherever Jackie was, so was Jan." Crystal leaned back, eyeing all of the buildings and little shops she hadn't even thought about in years.

"And that hasn't changed now that they're married." Daya smiled, deciding to turn and stop at the bakery just because she could. "Come on, I bet they'll be surprised to see you."