Blooming (Orion Story x Alyssa Hunter x Jorgeous)

Soulmate AU. Everyone is born with a closed up flower on their head. When they meet their soulmate, it blooms.
Orion, Alyssa, and Jorgeous aren't exactly normal when it comes to this. Instead of one flower, they each have two.
----

"How is it that you have two flowers on your head but you haven't even gotten one to bloom yet?"

Orion resisted the urge to groan into her hands. She knew Jasmine meant well by asking this, but all it did was remind her that she still had yet to find one of her soulmates. She glanced up at the girl in front of her, who was sporting a blooming flower on her own head.

"I don't know..." Orion laid her head on the table they were seated at, watching her friend grab the coffee she hadn't yet finished. "I've accepted the fact that they probably won't ever open up. They'll stay as buds forever."

"Well you can't think that way." Jasmine said after she had downed the rest of Orion's coffee. "You need to have some hope. Get out and do things with us more often. Go to parties and events and maybe you'll end up bumping into at least one of them."

Orion sighed. "You make it sound so easy..." She mumbled.

It had seemingly gone smoothly for all of her friends. Jasmine had met Daya at a club the girl's band was performing at, and it had quite literally been perfect. Orion remembered staring in awe as the once closed up flowers on the girl's heads had opened up to reveal the pretty colors of the petals when they had first made eye contact. Daya had pulled Jasmine onto the stage after that and Orion didn't see her for the rest of the night.

Willow and Kerri's had gone pretty smoothly too. They met in high school and had bumped into each other while running late for class, and the flowers had immediately bloomed. Orion had been hurrying to class with Kerri when it had happened, and then suddenly she was walking to class alone after that.

That had left Orion with just one other person in her friend group without a blooming flower on her head. That was Deja, but that had all changed just a couple days ago when she had met some girl who Orion still had yet to meet herself. So now she was the odd one out. Especially because she had two flower buds on her head.

She hadn't exactly known what that meant when she was younger. She used to think it meant she'd meet them and then have to choose one or the other. It was only as she grew older that she learned she would be able to be with both of them, because they too would have two flowers on their heads. But she had never seen anyone else like her in real life before. And she doubted she ever would.

Jasmine sighed, laying a gentle hand on top of Orion's. "There's a little fair here this weekend." She said. "Daya and I were gonna go along with the rest of our friends. Would you like to come with us?"

Orion wanted to say no, but she knew Jasmine was just trying to help her out and make her feel included. So she shrugged a little. "I'll think about it..."

Jasmine was just happy she didn't just say no. She smiled a little, standing up from the table. "Do you want me to walk you home?"

Orion shook her head as she stood up as well. "No, I'll be fine."

Jasmine was hesitant, but nodded. They said their goodbyes once out of the coffee shop, and Orion turned to head home alone. The loneliness was a feeling she was used to, but that didn't mean she liked it. She tried not to show how much she truly wanted to find her soulmates, but she knew she was probably failing.

So she stepped inside her apartment alone. She dropped her keys on the counter and walked to her room. To cry alone.

----

"You know, it was just me and Angie for a long time before we met Camden."

Alyssa looked up at Bosco with a small sigh, sitting cross legged on the couch of her friend's living room. "Yeah, I know..."