Jealous (Janey Jacké x Envy Peru)

Requested by anonymous
Envy can't help but get a little,,,,envious of Janey's friendship with Blu.
High school au because I can.
----

Envy tried not to be bothered by it, she really did. But watching how much Janey seemed to adore literally every little thing Blu did made her feel jealous and sent a hurt feeling straight through her heart.

She tapped her pencil against her notebook, sitting in the desk chair in Janey's room and watching as her best friend giggled with Blu. In her opinion, she had been completely babying the smaller girl. Always helping her with the answers when she didn't get them right away, praising her when she did, and even holding her on her lap as they studied. Envy hated it so much she wanted to scream.

She blamed herself for it though. She was the one who didn't have the confidence to tell Janey about her crush on her. It's not like her friend could read her mind. But it still didn't help that hurt feeling whenever she watched her with Blu.

Envy watched as Blu's alarm went off on her phone, trying not to smile in relief when the small girl pouted and pulled herself up out of Janey's lap. "I've gotta go. Can I come over tomorrow JJ?"

"Of course, doll." Janey smiled before she hugged Blu to her chest, and Envy gripped her pencil tight in her hand. That was supposed to be the nickname Janey used for her, not Blu.

She hardly looked up when Blu left, glaring down at her notebook. Janey must've finally noticed something was off. She turned to Envy once Blu had left, tilting her head. "V? Is something wrong?"

Envy just shook her head, starting to work on her notes again. "No. I'm fine."

Janey didn't seem convinced. She walked over to Envy, laying her head over her shoulder. "No you're not. You seem angry. Did something happen?"

Envy bit her lip, feeling tears beginning to fill her eyes. "I'm fine, Janey." She said through clenched teeth, trying her best not to cry.

"You never call me just Janey." Janey said softly, looking down. "It's always JJ or love or something else. What's wrong?"

"Can you just drop it?!" Envy snapped, her tears falling down her cheeks. "I said I'm fine, Janey!"

Janey jumped and stepped back from her, rubbing her arm as she sat back down on her bed. "I'm sorry..."

Envy immediately regretted raising her voice. She stood up from the desk chair, shoving her notebook back into her bag as she cried. "I-I'm sorry I just-" She knew it was all gonna come spilling out. "I can't stand seeing you be so affectionate with her when I'm the one who actually loves you and I can't tell you that because then I'll just sound like a stupidly jealous person and will have to deal with the fact that you'll never love me in that way because we've always been just best friends and we'll always be just best friends and I-"

Envy was interrupted by Janey's lips on hers. Her eyes widened and she went stiff, not able to fully process what was happening but she kissed her back anyways. She felt Janey's hands resting on her waist, and she hesitantly placed her arms over her shoulders.

Janey pulled away, catching her breath before giving her a small smile. "You said that really fast." She said, giggling a little. "But I think I caught the most important parts."

Envy blushed heavily, pulling her arms away. "JJ I didn't mean to-"

"Hush, it's okay." Janey pulled her closer until they were both down on her bed. She wrapped her arms around Envy to keep her beside her. "I'm sorry I made you feel jealous, V. I really didn't mean to."

Envy looked up to meet her eyes, starting to relax in her arms. They had cuddled together before, but this felt so much more intimate. "I'm sorry I snapped..." She mumbled, playing with a strand of Janey's hair. "I didn't want to get so jealous."

"You don't have to be jealous, baby." Janey put a hand on her cheek, wiping away the rest of her tears. "I love you." She kissed her lips softly, holding her closer than ever.

Envy melted into the kiss, pulling away for just a moment. "I love you too."

----

I'm sorry it's so short, I did my best. I'm trying to get through all my current requests so I promise those will be out soon. Plus some rare pairing like more Jasmine and Maddy probably