Dancing On My Own (Orissa/Jorion)

Jorgeous has always had feelings for her friend. But she can't bring herself to say it out loud.
----

"Are you gonna ask anyone out for prom?"

The question snapped Jorgeous out of her thoughts. She looked up at her best friend since elementary school, finding her looking down at her in curiosity. Orion wore a smile on her face, the paper they were supposed to be working on remaining untouched in front of her.

Jorgeous blushed. She had an idea of who she would like to ask. She was sitting across the desk from her.

The small girl had always had feelings for Orion. They had only grown more and more as the years passed, yet she still hadn't said anything to her. She was too afraid. She didn't know if her friend would feel the same, and she was certain that revealing her feelings would ruin the friendship they had.

Jorgeous tried not to look so panicked. So she put on a smile. "I have someone in mind..." She said quietly.

Orion tilted her head. "Really? Who is it?"

Jorgeous felt her heartbeat quicken. If only she had the courage to say the words. Maybe then she'd feel better. But she didn't give her a direct answer. "Just someone. Maybe you'll see soon."

Orion nodded. She figured her friend just wasn't ready to admit who she was crushing on. "There's...kinda someone who I'd like to go with..."

Jorgeous involuntarily stiffened up. She didn't think she'd be able to handle seeing her with another girl. She had always imagined them together. Even if she didn't have the guts just yet to tell her. "Who would that be...?"

Orion lowered her voice so no one else in their classroom could hear her. "Well, there's this girl in my art class. Her name is Alyssa."

Jorgeous wanted to disappear. Alyssa was the star of multiple school sports teams, one of the prettiest girls in the school, and loved by almost everyone. Jorgeous had no chance if she was showing interest in Orion.

Somebody said you got a new friend
Does she love you better than I can?

"We've been talking a lot for a couple weeks. And I'm not very good at taking hints but I think she's been flirting with me lately." Orion continued with a small blush on her face, not able to stop herself from smiling. "I really like her. She's really sweet."

Jorgeous nodded a little. It hurt a lot to hear her say that. But she knew she had no right to be upset. She was the one who was too afraid to reveal how she felt. "That's really nice..."

"I was kinda intimidated by her at first, but after we were assigned partners for this art project she's definitely a lot nicer than I thought she'd be." Orion sighed dreamily, and Jorgeous felt her heart clench. "I wonder if she has a date yet."

Jorgeous really hoped she did. She didn't know how to respond, she was afraid she'd burst into tears the moment she opened her mouth. Luckily, she was saved by the bell. But she only felt worse when remembering Orion had art after their current class.

Orion held her hand as they left the classroom. That wasn't unusual. They were always inseparable. But today, the action made Jorgeous want to cry. She held Orion's hand tightly, wishing that they were more than just close friends. She wanted her more than anything.

Orion walked her to class, pulling her in for their usual goodbye hug since they wouldn't see each other again until after school. Jorgeous adored her friend's hugs. They were tight yet gentle, and she always laid her head on top of hers. It always made her feel so safe. Today, she dreaded having Orion's arms pull away from her.