Forget the World (Lemyanka)

I needed to write something to cheer myself up and didn't want to force Maddy x Kerri and Jorgeous x Orion on everyone again, so have another favorite of mine.
Priyanka wakes up to notice Lemon isn't in bed with her, so she goes to find her.
----

Priyanka woke up to the sound of rain coming from outside, yawning softly and rubbing her eyes. It was still dark out, so she turned over to wrap her arm around her partner, only to find the space beside her empty.

That wasn't like Lemon. Especially so late into the night. Priyanka sat up and looked around the room, eyes adjusting to the dark. She pulled herself out of bed when realizing Lemon wasn't in the bedroom at all, grabbing her robe and pulling it on as she went to make her way downstairs.

The lights were still out, but the curtains of one of the windows in the living room had been pulled open. It was there Priyanka found Lemon sitting in front of it, a blanket wrapped around herself as she watched the rain fall against the window.

"Lem?" Priyanka broke the silence, tilting her head. "Is everything alright?"

Lemon was quiet, not looking back at her. Instead, she reached a hand out of her blanket and gently pat the empty space beside her. Priyanka took the hint, walking over and sitting beside her. She watched her partner for a moment, not able to read the expression on her face.

After a couple moments of silence, Lemon slowly laid her head down in Priyanka's lap. The action made Priyanka smile a little, and she gently ran a hand through her hair.

Lemon continued to keep quiet, but let herself relax against Priyanka's touch. After a couple more silent minutes, she finally spoke. "I couldn't sleep." She admitted quietly. "So I came down here."

Priyanka frowned, placing a gentle kiss on her forehead. "You could've woken me up." She told her. "I wouldn't have minded."

"I know..." Lemon sighed softly, looking away from the window for a moment to gaze up at her. "But I wasn't sure what my reason would've been. And I wouldn't want to bother you."

Priyanka traced her thumb over her cheek, shaking her head a little. "You don't ever need a reason. I'd lay awake with you over the littlest thing."

That got a small smile from Lemon. She held Priyanka's hand, turning to face the window again. She looked lost in her thoughts, eyes focused on the raindrops. She reached her free hand up to the glass, tracing her finger over the droplets that ran down it. Priyanka would usually stop her from touching the glass, not liking when it would smudge. But tonight, she let her get away with it.

Lemon snuggled closer to her. "I don't know why I was so scared of the rain as a kid." She said quietly. "It's calming. Like it's washing away all the stress of the world. Helps me forget things even if it's just for a little bit."

Priyanka tilted her head, twirling a strand of her hair. "What's got you stressed, baby?"

Lemon shrugged a little, letting out a small yawn. "Nothing too specific." She admitted. "Just a lot of little things. You know me. Always worried about things that haven't happened yet and may not ever happen. Always worried about the future instead of living in the moment. But the rain." She pointed to the drops on the window. "Helps me forget. Helps me forget the world."

Priyanka nodded a little, gently lifting her so she was sitting in her lap. "And that makes me wish for more rainy days and nights."

Lemon immediately snuggled against her, sighing in content when Priyanka kissed her temple. "Me too. Gives me an excuse to have lazy cuddly days with you."

Priyanka smiled, letting out a quiet laugh. "Sometimes you don't even need the rain for that."

Lemon blushed, hiding her face against Priyanka's chest. "Okay, maybe that's true..."

They held onto each other, Priyanka holding onto her smaller partner and rocking back and forth slightly. Lemon busied herself by tracing a finger over her collarbone, glancing up before pressing a gentle kiss to her jaw. "You help me forget about the world too." She smiled, laying her head on her shoulder.

Priyanka blushed this time, smiling as she held Lemon closer and pressed gentle kisses against the top of her head. She rubbed her back as the smaller girl started to go limp on her, standing up and closing the curtains again when Lemon had finally fallen asleep.

She carried her back up to their bedroom, laying her down on the bed and tucking her in under the blankets. Lemon kept hold of her, snuggling back against her chest when Priyanka laid down beside her.

"I love you." She mumbled sleepily, opening her eyes just a little to look up at Priyanka. "I love you a lot."

Priyanka smiled, kissing her forehead and holding her tight in her arms. "I love you too."

----

I don't know what this is and I'm not proud of it. But here you go.