Elphie

I've crept back into Nessas room followed by Glinda, who has wisely left my mother and Boc to quarrel.
Though I'm worried as to how angry the fighting between them if going to go.
I distinctively hear Nessa hold her breath when the door softly clicks back into its lock, I can sense her anxiety from here.
"Marigold." My sister whispers frantically, "is someone there?"
I take a step forward and marigold does the same, however Glinda grabs my wrist and I notice that her eyes are brimming with tears.
"Miss Elphaba," marigold says politely but with a raised voice so Nessa can hear, "and Miss Glinda, how nice to see you."

Glinda seems hesitant to step out into Nessarose's view at first, and instead chooses to hang back behind the archway by the door.
I stride towards my sister, who sighs weakly and then proceeds to cough rather violently, the bed creaking with the hurried movement.
Marigold places a gentle hand upon my sisters shoulder once the coughing has ceased, and looks towards me anxiously.
"Is Miss Glinda not coming in?" Marigold asks me.
I turn my head towards Glinda, who is crying silently, I attempt to smile gently at her, trying to encourage her to come and talk to Nessarose.
I know most people don't want to spend time with Nessa, some cannot control their tears and others seem too afraid to upset her.
Nessa all at once begins to cough again, she looks at me weakly and chuckles dryly to herself.
"How long have you been coughing?" I ask firmly, at this time, Glinda finally steps into the rest of the room.
"Glinda." My sister mutters, tilting her head towards her, Glinda waves nervously.
"Nessa." I snap, needing her to answer my question, "how long?"
Nessa looks back at Marigold, hoping for her to answer my question.
"Since this morning, Tip is going to have to take a look."
"You lair!" My sister cries, suddenly overcome with emotion "you said that Tip wouldn't come back."
Marigold looks increasingly more panicked as my sister gets more and more upset.

"Ma'am it's for your benefit." Marigold mutters tearfully.
"Oh but it's not is it?" Nessa cries "because I don't want help, I don't actually want to be here at all!"
Marigold suddenly begins to cry, she turns away from my sister hurriedly and walks out the room.
Nessa looks regretful for a moment but soon just closes her eyes and sighs deeply.
The air in the room is thick and cold now, marigold always brought about a feeling of comfort for Nessa and now Nessa has made her leave.
I feel for the old woman as I know she cares for Nessa so.
Glinda stares wide eyed at my sister, she seems fixated on her every move, flinching when her breathing becomes too staggered.
Anxiously, Glinda takes a step forward, her heel taps the ground harshly, stirring Nessa from her peacefulness.
Glinda stares at Nessaroses empty chair for a while whilst her face looks distant and forlorn.
I notice that Nessa is following her gaze and staring too.
"Nessa." Glinda mutters, as she continues to stare at the chair, I don't think she meant to speak externally.
"What is it?" Nesss croaks, coughing violently again.
Glinda frantically turns around and offers Nessa her hand.
I'm not particularly sure what holding Glindas hand was supposed to do for Nessa, but I don't question it.

Nessa stares at Glindas extended hand with a contemplative look upon her face.
It's the first time I've seen Nessa not look terribly sad or angry and instead she just seems uncertain.
Breathing deeply Nessa continues to look upon Glinda, before another violent fit of coughing takes Nessas concentration.
Glinda is persistent with holding out her hand towards my sister.
Nessa evaluates the distance between her and the hand.
"Glinda, I can't." Nessa whispers.
Glinda takes a step towards my sister, who turns her head away slightly.
"I'm here for you Nessarose." Glinda states firmly, her voice is clear and concise and her words are impactful.
"I can't." Nessa trembles underneath her breath "I'm too weak Glinda."

Nessa begins to cough again, she convulses painfully as the scraping, raspy sound of her coughing.
Glinda takes another step forward and slowly tugs at Nessas hand.
"Glinda-" Nessa snaps, "Glinda stop it."
Glinda hurriedly lets go of my sister.
"Sorry Ness." She whispers.
My sister shakes her head and then coughs some more.
"Are you alright?" Glinda asks gently.
Nessa avoids the question and turns back to her chair.
I pull Glinda aside for a minute and hope that Nessa can't hear me.
"Did you see the way she looked at you?" I whisper excitedly.
Glinda nods, gently peering over my shoulder to glance at my sister.
"Glinda I think you might be able to get her to talk." I mutter "Boc is too much of a nervous wreak, marigold can't seem to stop crying and she won't talk to Tip directly."
Glinda grips my hands in hers.
"What are you wanting me to do?" She questions anxiously.
I ponder for a moment as I'm not entirely sure on that front.

"Get her to talk about the thing whilst tip listens in." I reply firmly.
"And what if she sends me away too?" Glinda cries, suddenly lowering her voice out of fear "we've nearly gone through your entire family."
I suddenly remember my husband and Albert, they have no idea that Nessa tried to kill herself.
I dread having to tell them, it sounds horrible.
I dread even having to look my sister in the eye, how can I tell my husband or my real father.
"Elphaba I don't know if I can do this." Glinda whispers suddenly anxious again "Nessa doesn't want to talk, there's no use in trying to make her."
I nod my head, I understand what she's saying but we may never get the vibrant, happy Nessarose back again and I cannot bare to lose her.