Nessa

(This chapter takes place five weeks after the last one)

It's here, the day has finally come where I can get out of the odious bed.
I've never felt so relived to see my sister bringing my chair towards me.
"Twelve weeks." I mutter under my breath.
My sister smiles at me as Boc rushes through the door, brandishing a deep green cloak, lined with frosty, white fur.
"What's that?" I cry out merrily.
Boc drapes the cloak upon a chair.
"It's gift for when I take you out to see the snow,"
I beam from ear to ear, relishing in the idea of being able to leave this bed finally.
My sister steps towards me.
"Ready?" She asks hesitantly.
"More then ever" I sigh.
Carefully, my sister slides her hands underneath my shoulders and knees, she lifts me gently off of the bed and turns slowly to face my chair, every so slowly she lowers me into it and I feel the familiar comfort of being sat down again.

"Wow" I mutter to myself.
Boc gracefully drapes the cloak around my shoulders.
I place my hands upon my wheels and feel the frigid coldness of the gold plating.
Carefully I push myself forward, taking extra care not to tire myself out too quickly.
"Wow" I whisper again, I just can't believe that after twelve weeks I'm finally out of bed.
"Oh Nessa!" Boc cries, rushing over to me and grabbing my hands in his, "oh Nessa how do you feel?"
I don't know how to express how happy I am, I really don't.
"I..." I stutter "I want to go outside, in the snow!"
Boc nods and stands up, waiting beside the door for me to exit first but I'm just too tired to make my why there myself.
"Nessa..." my sister mutters, concern rattling in her voice.
"Boc can you..." I stop myself, desperate not to ask for help.
I press my hands against the wheels once more and make a feeble effort to get through the door.
Boc notices my struggle and walks up behind me.
"May I?" He asks, jumping to my rescue.

My mother's eyes light up when she sees me, she dashes over faster than I've ever seen her move.
"My little nessarose!" She smiles. "There's eggs in the cupboard"
I'm slightly confused as to what she's talking about but then I remember how much I wanted to bake a cake.
I smile pleasantly and continue my journey towards the back door.
Boc saunters over and unlocks it and I feel the forceful gush if freezing winter air.

Outside the ground is shrouded in a soft white blanket, small snowflakes are spiralling down from the grey sky.
I watch in awe as the snow grows fiercer.
A cacophony of snowflakes tumbling down around me.
I feel like a child again, tears roll down my cheeks and I'm almost certain that they're freezing upon my face.
"What are you thinking?" Boc asks lovingly.
"How much I loved the snow as a little girl" I whisper.
Boc grins beside me, I watch as he wipes a tear from his eyes.
I try my hardest to ignore just how cold everything is, I watch excitedly as my breath freezes and spirals out in front of me, a clear sign that I'm alive.
Upon burying my frozen hands into my coat I notice quite how beautiful the frosty morning can be, icicles mirroring chilling sculptures of beautiful glass and the snow shrouding the world in a soft blanket.

"Nessa!"
In an instant the fantasy is ruined by my sister shrieking from inside of the manor.
I choose to not hear her and continue to look at the spectacle of nature before me.
"Boc bring Nessa inside at once!" My sister cries loudly.
I sigh deeply and allow Boc to take me back inside for I fear that my arms are still too tired and used to doing nothing.
Upon being brought back inside, my mother is quick to comment on how much I'm shaking from the cold, I brush her off because it's clear to me that I'm just cold because of the snow.
Boc smiles at me and sits adjacent to me on the sofa.
"Nessa you do look awfully cold." Boc chuckles, though his joy soon turning to concern "are you quite alright?"
I nod through the shaking.
"Yes yes I'm fine." I reply hastily "just not used to the cold, that's all."
Elphaba scowls at me, she marches over and stands before me, tutting at me.
"Trust you to go outside in the freezing cold as soon as your allowed out of bed." my sister huffs.
I shrug as the shivers have mostly stopped now.
"Oh leave her be Elphie!" Glinda smirks from the doorway, she grins at me and goes to shut the black door.

"Morning Ness," Glinda beams "how are you feeling."
"Wonderful." I whisper, returning the grin that I'm receiving.
Mother walks towards me and taps me gently on the shoulder, she crouches down and whispers into my ears.
"It's good to have you back, my dear sweet Nessarose."
Everything feels so good, I'm just so so happy and I don't want it to change.
"Nessa," my sister calls, I turn my head to see her, she beckons me over to her.
I oblige and sit by her side, she leans over to me slightly.
"If you've contracted the flu I'm sending you back to bed." She whispers, I can't tell if she's joking or not.
"You can't be serious." I hiss, spitting my words like bullets from a rifle.
Elphaba places her hands upon her hips and narrows her brow.
"I just want you to not be stupid." My sister replies.
"I'm not stupid." I snap, Elphaba gasps.
"I didn't mean it like that!" She cries.

I turn away from my sister and look at all the happy faces in the room.
But oddly that joyful feeling seems to stay, im happy, I'm really truly happy.