Nessa

I called Boc into my room to get me out of bed without electing anyone else, he did so silently and without saying a word and has now left me to my own devices, per my request.
I sit on my own in my room for a while, staring at the closed curtains and the beam of glowing light that is peaking out from between them and stretching along the floor, turning everything that it touches to gold.
My arms are still badly bruised I'm sure but they don't ache half as much and I feel significantly less tired, perhaps it's the Emerald City, the absolute abundance of green is quite straining to the eyes.
Though I hope that mayor Franklin isn't too upset with me for leaving without saying goodbye.
After all, I caused mass amounts of property damage and just left without a trace, I just hope that Glinda can smooth it all over.

Eagerly I push myself towards the window to get a better look outside and lift my arms to prise the curtains apart slightly.
The beautiful patterned fabric is heavy and partnered with my stiff arms, the simple task of opening the curtains seems to take much more than the necessary amount of required effort needed for a smile task such as this.
The garden is as beautiful and vast as always, rows of delightful flowers line the left side of the garden, when I was a child father ensured to always have flowers in the garden and employed three gardeners, one of which was a young blonde man name Maximus. My sister and I were instructed by him to call him Maxie and though he seemed to be rather weary of Elphaba, he used to give my sister and me tours of the garden and name every flower and all it's properties.
I still do have a soft spot for flowers and greenery, I truly believe that nature will always find away to be beautiful no matter what.
It's especially true with the new feature of the garden that lines the right side, Fiyero's Fruit and vegetable patches.
He is a most talented gardener and an equally as talented cook.

My sister lacks in the culinary department, she can flip a pancake and scramble an egg but that's about all she can do.
Boc as I've been told but have been yet to see, is a very skilled baker who used to help his family bake for his large gatherings of friends and family.
I'm sure Glinda could whisk up a batch of cupcakes if the occasion required for it, not that she'd need to as a fleet of Ozian bakers would come running if she called.
I however, have never been allowed to try and cook, house maids would always usher me away from the kitchen incase I burnt myself or set the manor ablaze with no means to escape easily.
Though in thinking about all this, now I want to cook, I want to make something.
Carefully, and with an attempt of silence, I exit my room and slowly take myself down the hallway to the lounge, with an immense amount of struggle from my arms.

Just as I enter the lounge a sudden chuckle catches me off guard,
"Why are you creeping around in your own house?" Boc smiles cheerfully.
I'm slightly relieved that he's the only person in here and that my sister is elsewhere.
"Why are you sat on your own?" I pry, with what I believe to be the same amount of wit.
Boc stretches his arms along the back of the sofa.
"Sometimes it's nice to not be bothered by people." He replies "why are you creeping, oh wonderful eminence of munchkinland?"
I scowl defeatedly at his use of my title, one I have come to loath by the end of these last few days.
"If you must know Boc, I want to cook." I answer sharply.
Boc grins wider than ever.
"Do you even know how to cook?" He asks.
"I am the eminence of munchkinland." I reply stubbornly and with a slight smugness "I know everything."
"Very well." Boc says grasping his hands together, "let the show commence."

Bocs lack of faith in me is rather disheartening as it is irritating.
Now I have to cook, just to stop him from being irritating.
I take myself around the back of the kitchen counter and stare down at it emptily, it hasn't occurred to me until now that I haven't the slightest clue what I want to cook and even if I did, I don't know where anything is.
"You actually have to do things to get the food to cook itself." Boc cries "it won't just bend to your will."
"Boc if you weren't so far away I would hit you, where did your compassion go in the last few hours?"
Boc jumps back in to the sofa, comically, he smiles at me sweetly.
His gentle smile encouraging me slightly, I know he's only doing this to fill me with ambition but all it's doing is filling me with an urge to throw the nearest utensil towards him.
If only I knew where the utensils were.
"What are we cooking then Nessarose?" He asks cheerfully.
"Haven't quite worked that out yet" I answer truthfully.
Boc chuckles loudly again.
"Stop laughing at me!" I cry "your so infuriating today."
Boc stands you and walks towards me slowly.
"No," I command "stay over there, I don't need your help, I just may need some instructions and you can give those from over there."
Boc walks back obediently and I smile to myself.
"Your better off baking something." Boc says awkwardly "I know more about that, cookies are easy."
I nod my head triumphantly.
"Cookies it is then!" I announce "now what?"

Boc tilts his head back and roars with laughter, I'm glad my struggling is amusing him.
"Does her eminence need me to show her where the chocolate chips are?" He smiled through the tears brought on by his manic laughter.
I sigh, Boc can be such a child sometimes.