Nessa

I breathe a deep sigh of relief once my sister has left.
Realising that I'm one again all alone, this time it's completely my own doing.
I could have slapped my sister if I'd had the strength.
I still barley have any strength, it's a wonder my powers didn't make an appearance and strike my sister for me, I wouldn't have complained if that had happened.

I tilt my head to my left, staring at my chair, the vision of Elphaba sitting in it fills me with rage.
Though it's not too far away, theres a chest of draws on my bedside, if I'm able to pull myself up on the chest of draws, I might be able to swing myself into my chair.
But that's ridiculous, I've never been able to execute something like that when I've been in full health, I've always been weaker than an average Ozian.
But the more I stare at my chair, the more I want to get out of this bed.
The door poses another challenge, but I'm sure if I just got sat down upon my chair, then I could just wait for someone to come in and leave with them.
I'm sure I'd need a minute to rest once I'm in my chair anyway.

I measure up the distance in my mind and move the blankets down off of myself up to my waist.
With a shaky hand, I reach up and place one hand on the chest of draws and use all my might to hold my torso in the air.
Much to my surprise I'm able to execute this, my arm is shaking violently so I lurch forwards and place my other hand upon the seat of my chair.
I'm sprawled out like a starfish and slightly doubled over, with part of my torso hanging off of the bed, suspended by arms each holding respectfully onto either my chair or the beside draws.
I take the strain of this position for a few seconds, breathing extremely heavily as I try to hold the weight of my body with my frail, already exhausted arms.
Then I lean forward, there's a slight creak of wood, probably coming from the base of my chair but I persist, leaning further forward.

With an alarming jolt of speed, my chair moves backwards, with my hand still firmly pressed upon it.
My arms shake wildly, as I'm almost entirely suspended over the floor by my arms.
My entire torso is off of the bed and no part of me that I have mobility in is upon the bed.
I realise very quickly that I have no means of getting myself back into bed, not into my wheelchair.
So I'm stuck with my arms trembling so very terribly, until I either give way and fall or someone comes in to rescue me from my stupidity.

To my delight and dismay, the door to my room opens suddenly and I'm greeted with two voices, neither of which I have the capacity to identify.
My arms ache so terribly as I await someone to walk round the corner, into the part of this room with the bed in it.
But I can't hold on anymore and my arms give way and I fall to the floor with a loud crash, and with nothing supporting my legs, they too crumple down beside me.
The noise finally alerts my two visitors, who come rushing into my section of the room to find me in a pitiful heap on the floor.
"Madame Governor!" The squeaky voice of Celeste cries out, I'm left to assume the third occupant of the room is Rebecca.
My head is throbbing, my arms hurt and I'm scared and tired.
Celeste and unsurprisingly Rebecca, suddenly appear at my side on the floor.
I've not felt such embarrassment since all those times Elphaba used to use her powers on me in front of crowds of people.
Since I have no control of my lower half, I cannot bare to think what kind of position I'm crumpled up in.

"Madame Governor, are you quite alright?" Rebecca asks me gently, only to be rudely answered by Celeste.
"Don't waste her time with questions, of course she's not alright!" Celeste snaps.
Rebecca places her hand cautiously upon my shoulder.
"Celeste, help me get the Governess back into bed." She commands.
I'm far too pained to protest when I suddenly remember something.
"Wait." I croak, "Don't move me, wait for my sister."
Celeste looks at me, rather concerned.
"But Madame you can't stay on the floor, you need to be in a bed."
I shake my head and then wince with pain.
"You can't move me." I reply through gritted teeth, "my bones are brittle and there's a good chance I've broken something, you must wait for my sister or else you'll get an earful from her if you've unknowingly exasperated a break."
The two girls nod, and looks anxiously at each other.
"What would you like us to do Madame?" Rebecca asks nervously.
"One of you go and find my sister, the other stay here with me until she arrives."
Rebecca nods diligently and heads off to locate my sister.

Celeste stares down at me cautiously.
"Madame, are you in any pain?" Celeste asks hesitantly.
I wince slightly.
"A fair amount." I reply "my sister should be here soon."
I hold my breathe slightly, hoping that my sister still likes me enough to come running to my rescue.
That bed that I loathed so much before is all I want now.
"What would a broken bone mean for you Madame Governor?" Celeste asks nervously.
"If it's in my legs then not much, anywhere in my upper body then I'm looking at bed rest for the duration of the recovery." I respond shakily, I'm starting to feel slightly faint, all of this pain is making me light headed. "And all without pain medication."
I chuckle to myself.
The look of horror on Celestes face tells me everything I need to know.
I still very much have these peoples sympathy.